What Would Make You Consider A Yes Vote For Newco

Jordanhill Jag

...but they are being reactive and coming up behind the fans, as opposed to asking the awkward questions many of them are too scared to even contemplate, but otherwise an Excellent article in todays Scotsman on fan power and the games authorities over the SFL bribe con

Interesting indeed. I note with interest part way down the article wrt the SFL vote:

" Even when the threshold figure for forcing through this “special case” scenario seems to have dropped from 23 clubs out of 30, to 16 clubs."

Where did that come from? There's no further comment on it.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Even when the threshold figure for forcing through this “special case” scenario seems to have dropped from 23 clubs out of 30, to 16 clubs."

Where did that come from? There's no further comment on it.

Popped up in the Record the other day and now seems to have descended even deeper into farce:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2012/07/01/rangers-in-crisis-newco-face-uncertain-future-as-slf-chiefs-call-in-lawyers-over-vote-rules-86908-23903055/

I hope Turnbull Hutton and a few others absolutely shred these idiots on Tuesday.

Just a quick one as said everything had to say yesterday and doesn't look much will change before Tuesday- you know that's going to come back & bite me!!!

Anyway, as has been mentioned on other threads about what do we do, what were going to do etc. I'd plead with every person who has already bought their current season ticket to call the offices at Firhill tomorrow morning and ask for a refund as was promised by Iain Maxwell.

Let them know that as soon as Mr Beattie & co say no to Newco you'll be back on the phone or go to Firhill in person to renew.

Time for talking over IMO. Time for action now.

Vote yes and the Thistle I know will be dead regardless.

Any one know how to get the Press to recognise the strength of feeling of Jags supporters? Scotland needs to know how strongthly Thistle Fans feel about this!

We've actually had fair amount of press coverage akin to "....and Partick Thistle fans have threatened a season ticket boycott if this blah blah". Also about three or four erroneous mentions aligning us with Morton, Raith & Falkirk re voting intentions.

The earlier suggestion that young people do not care for the moral/principled side of the argument is an insult to them. In my experience working with folk (of all ages) I find teenagers very switched on, able to consider facts, and in the main very opinionated, so I reckon there is a higher risk alienating our younger fans, who have far more options than we ever did (Pro-Basketball, Pro-Rugby, X-cape etc...) than alienating our older fans. If we vote for corruption we may as well change our name to rangers reserves, that would get more bums on seats but it is also ridiculous, we don't sell out, simple.

Increasingly this whole newco fiasco has shown what a mess Scottish football is in. It needs radical, well-thought through (not knee-jerk) reconstruction.

But while it is still in the mire, I dont want my Club to be complicit in allowing newco to continue to block progress towards a clearer, fairer future from the grassroots up.

Values and Integrity do matter. Mr Beattie, you have no alternative but to vote No.

What would have been a good PTFC Site read?

As you will no doubt have seen from the media coverage, the Scottish Football League have sent a briefing document to its member clubs – this consultation document describes various scenarios and implications of accepting Newco Rangers into the Scottish Football League either in SFL 3 or SFL 1.

Clearly, this is a complex issue which will affect both Partick Thistle FC, our supporters and Scottish Football in general, for years to come.

The Club Directors would be doing both current and future generations of fans a disservice if it did not take enough time to discuss the document and its long term implications, in detail.

There is a meeting of the Scottish Football League on the 3rd July where member Clubs will take part in the discussions surrounding the proposals.

Currently, Partick Thistle do not have a complete view of or on the proposals, but this is not needed. Regardless of whatever the full details offer they clearly stand against the basic integrity of Scottish Football. The Board of Partick Thistle reject this regrettable, ill considered document outright. We do look forward to the belated re-organisation of Scottish Football and the re-engagement of football fans old and new across the country.

Getting more into the opinion of raze teh game to the ground and start everything all over again.

The people who are supposed to oversee our game are corrupt liars who have zero interest in anything outwith the ex-Old Firm clubs and protecting their "brand" of bigotry and sectarianism.

This is very much a watershed moment for many if not most fans of Scottish football, any change has to be done properly so that all clubs can grow. As I said before the enemy isnt Zombie Rangers its the SFA, SPL and SFL that are leading this charge into moral bankruptcy.

Maybe its the cup half full side of me but Im still 100% convinced that we will issues a NO response after the meeting on Tuesday, and that will be good enough for me. At least we can say we heard all their full arguments before telling them to GTFO. Some I know will still not be happy and I think we shouldve done it before but I can understand wanting to hear them out before telling them that its a bag of shite

There's news that Sevco Scotland couldn't get a bank account so had to use a DD company in Manchester.

Also all the sponsorships have ended so the company cars are being taken back.

Good call Beattie. That and with their massive 11 player squad they really do sound like a good and viable club to bring into the 1st division.

Send an e-mail asking for a refund. Stop your direct debit to the centenary fund and e-mail the club. Delay buying that new kit and let the club and Greaves know why.

All of these choices can be reversed when the club say no to newco. To continue to give the BoD money, is to condone their inaction.

Perhaps someone can clarify. My understanding is that the BoD are in the main on holiday and won't return untfil AFTER the SFL vote.

As for JJ getting the debate going, That's bollocks. He's got a stated position. It's not some sort of "let's test the water exercise". It's an agenda. It deserves to be booted Kenny Brannigan style into the canal. Jim and I both know this wasn't his position earlier in the month when we spoke. So what's happened Jim? Why the conversion to the Green side? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It doesn't matter whether we are offered 10 quid or 10 million quid. It's wrong. It's No to Newco. Now. Next week. Next month. Next season. Ever.

PS Jim's a mate but he is completely and utterly wrong on this. It's not personal. It's business as Michael Corleone would say...

Getting more into the opinion of raze teh game to the ground and start everything all over again.

The people who are supposed to oversee our game are corrupt liars who have zero interest in anything outwith the ex-Old Firm clubs and protecting their "brand" of bigotry and sectarianism.

This is very much a watershed moment for many if not most fans of Scottish football, any change has to be done properly so that all clubs can grow. As I said before the enemy isnt Zombie Rangers its the SFA, SPL and SFL that are leading this charge into moral bankruptcy.

Maybe its the cup half full side of me but Im still 100% convinced that we will issues a NO response after the meeting on Tuesday, and that will be good enough for me. At least we can say we heard all their full arguments before telling them to GTFO. Some I know will still not be happy and I think we shouldve done it before but I can understand wanting to hear them out before telling them that its a bag of shite

I'm sure we will have some form of representative there but wouldn't hold my breath on an imminent statement.

In fact, wouldn't hold my breath on any statement as Beattie up to his neck in SPL2 IMO.

Time for words on a forum are over, now time for action.

We're the club as much as Beattie etc.

In the same way there's never been a better chance to restructure Scottish football, it's been a long time since the fans were so united on one thing. Make it count, don't miss the opportunity.

Threats are idle remember.

Edited by Trotter

• Members

If Jim is still wondering how the mood of the support is, he just has to look at this thread and others dotted around the forum where guys that haven't posted since the old PTFC.net days are showing their opposition to this. Sure this shouldn't be taken as the opinion of every Jags fan. But it is a fair representation of a section of the support.

Like you I agree should have said no much earlier but agree that if they say it after the meeting and being in possession of all the facts would do me.

That would be another 'like' if this was on Facebook. I agree 100% with this. If...nae, when....we vote NO then as far as I'm concerned it's business as usual. Of course Id have liked the BOD to have stated publicly that, after listen to our fans, we will be voting no to these proposals, but ultimately I just want them to vote NO when the time comes.

And well the Club know this. If folk are serious about quitting Firhill they should ask for a refund on their ST tomorrow.

Agree as after what's been said on here this weekend, if the club don't get refund calls tomorrow it is giving them the green light for their mandate knowing it is just hot air that's being vented on here.

Emailed them again to remind them that they will not be getting my season ticket cash and that the CF membership will be cancelled on Tuesday if we dont get a No to newco message from them.

Sick of this pish , why cant football be simple again

Emailed them again to remind them that they will not be getting my season ticket cash and that the CF membership will be cancelled on Tuesday if we dont get a No to newco message from them.

Sick of this pish , why cant football be simple again

I've been a bit slow about this hoping the club would say something but reading through stuff today got me going again and I've emailed the club at [email protected] with season ticket refund in the subject line. Copied what I said below (tried to be cool and collected and just say the minimum needed). Though since it's been sent I suppose any suggestions for improvement are meaningless. Have had the ticket bought for a long while but held off collecting it the last couple of weeks.

To whom it may concern

I have paid for my season ticket but not collected it yet.

It appears that the club may be intending to vote for a recent proposal which would involve ignoring the SFLs own membership rules and which if it did would be detrimental to club's reputation and would be damaging to the club itself in the long term.

If this does turn out to be the case would wish to have a refund on my season ticket and whether or not this is possible I won't be collecting it as I would no longer wish to be associated with the club. I also am a Gold centenary fund member and I would cancel this too in that event.

I hope this doesn't happen as not long ago I was looking forward to this coming season. However recent events have left a bad taste - I hope the club does the right thing to remove this.

Hate to make two posts in a row - makes it look like I've nothing better to do - but saw this on the Scotsman forum:

McLeish is letting the demise of Rangers warp his thinking...."The sooner we get Rangers housed, we can concentrate on the bigger picture".....FFS...that's like a surgeon saying "Let's cut out the cancer...then put it back in and everything can develop from there"......

Now the SPL clubs realise they probably can't foist their problem upon the SFL for a year I wouldn't be surprised if a few clubs engage reverse gear ahead of Wednesday.

Thistle know from bitter experience what a crooked cabal the SPL is - it would be fittiing for the newco to be accommodated there - I don't care whether Sevco are in the SPL or apply to join Div. 3 - it's the parachute into Div. 1 that's unacceptable.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Now the SPL clubs realise they probably can't foist their problem upon the SFL for a year I wouldn't be surprised if a few clubs engage reverse gear ahead of Wednesday.

Thistle know from bitter experience what a crooked cabal the SPL is - it would be fittiing for the newco to be accommodated there - I don't care whether Sevco are in the SPL or apply to join Div. 3 - it's the parachute into Div. 1 that's unacceptable.

I do care but I kind of understand you. They're trying to put the onus on SFL clubs (to avoid their own fans' flak) and so make US complicit in the cheating too. I'd be angry if Newco got into the SPL but I'd be furious (feeble word for it) if our club voted to let them into our division.

BTW they don't have a registration approved yet - SFA are deliberately delaying that until "they know what league they are in". FFS the registration approval should come first - didn't we go through this before with SFA not checking if Whyte was a fit and proper person.

Part of the appoval is supposed to depend on whether he can prove he has genuine resources to run the club. The way things are going the whole thing could easily collapse even if they do force Newco in.

I suppose they are assuming the fans will all buy their season tickets and the sponsorship will pour in in its millions the minute they get a place. I wouldn't be too sure of that, certainly not to the degree they hope. And besides what money comes in won't all be going on the team.

Edited by Mr Bunny

So I take it its a No to Newco - its worth repeating I personally do not believe there is much "integrity" in Scottish Football ,so if you start from that belief then you use any potential change to your best advantage ,if as I do you look up the track and believe without a radical change to the promotion structure you will continue on a downward spiral ,then again you look to see what the current position can be used to change things.

Getting more playoffs and more cash into the SFL is good for PTFC ,the question is is the trade off of Newco worth it- obviously for our fans its not.I read than on the ST Mirren Forum a secure poll stated that 80% would rather see administration than a Newco - I have no doubt we would get a significant number with a similiar view.

So in short I have not changed my mind ,nor was I flying a flag for the Board - the volume of threatened refunds of Season Tickets and Fans not coming back will influence the decision far greater than anything I post.

As for integrity the reality is that most Boards would grab the chance ,the threatened losses from there paying customers have pushed them to vote no ,so it isnt a principled stance for the majority - as my Old Friend Red Monkey states " its just business" the concept of Corinthian ideals stopped when we became a proffessional sport ,economics will decide on the outcome on Tuesday not ideals.

Which sort of brings me back to my opening post ,but no point in opening up that can of worms.

For what its worth I think it will be a no vote from the SFL on Tuesday the required numbers are just to great to muster ,Boards will be terrified of loosing one never mind hundreds of fans so for those who are demanding an upfront No statement then relax - Newco are unlikely to get into Div 1 - its interesting that the majority or ok with Div 3.

As for the statement the " no real Jags Fan could consider this" Im not really sure what constitutes a real Jags Fan I always thought we were a tolerant bunch.

Anyway at least the Forum got a good old barney again and it even had Red Monkey back in the mix - speak soon Colin mate :thumbsup2: .