Bloody heartbreaker. Soul destroying.

Season over, in my opinion.

Nonsense. It's gutting and hardly helps us, but we aren't going to lose any players before the end of the season and a quick and clever appointment will see us through.

Guaranteed he will bring a few of our players with him at the end of the season though. My bets on O'Donnell, Erskine and maybe even Paton.

Bloody heartbreaker. Soul destroying.

Season over, in my opinion.

Well, if the players have any pride then they will up their game and show that Jackie should never have left. We must now get behind whoever takes over.My question is how quick will board move on this. Archie and Shuggie to run things on Saturday, assuming that Donnelly is away with him.

Just like everyone else, I'm gutted. Testament to the job he's done this season. Not just through the lofty position we find ourselves in, but the way we've gone about it. 5-1 Dunfermline, 7-0 Airdrie, in the final of the Ramsdens Cup for the first time and with a fantastic young squad. No wonder Dundee Utd have taken him - and I'm real sorry to see him go. It's a very tempting offer for him, of course. Thought the chance to lead us to the title would maybe sway him into staying but alas, it's not to be.

Masterstroke by Beattie getting their release clauses improved last month...

:happy2:

Let's look on the bright side, fellas. We're in a far better position than we were when Jackie took over; we have a great squad of players, some of whom are tied down beyond this season; we're still right in the mix for the title; we're in a domestic cup final; we're being run in a far more prudent way than before; two of our players have just been called up for international duty for the first time in years; and we've just made money on a manager for the first time in my life.

Best of luck to Jackie. I fully expect him to come back for O'Donnell and possibly Erskine and Paton and I certainly don't begrudge those guys the chance of playing at a bigger club with a bigger pay packet.

Forever and ever.

• Like 3

:happy2:

Let's look on the bright side, fellas. We're in a far better position than we were when Jackie took over; we have a great squad of players, some of whom are tied down beyond this season; we're still right in the mix for the title; we're in a domestic cup final; we're being run in a far more prudent way than before; two of our players have just been called up for international duty for the first time in years; and we've just made money on a manager for the first time in my life.

Best of luck to Jackie. I fully expect him to come back for O'Donnell and possibly Erskine and Paton and I certainly don't begrudge those guys the chance of playing at a bigger club with a bigger pay packet.

Forever and ever.

Absolutely spot on. Let's cut the doom and gloom. It doesn't exactly help our season but there's no reason why we can't still win the league. Same players, same fans, same Thistle.

A few points have just come to mind

Thistle enhance jaggy macs conditions

An earlier post suggests that his house wasp it up for sale

A big slump in our form

Maybe it was a done deal and was kept under wraps at firhill

Anyway good luck to him but really a severe blow to us and for the rest of the season