Half A Job Jackie

TartanC4

I will never forgive him.I was forever praising him to my Celtic supporting mates about what a great guy he was & how much the Jags fans respected him.As previous posts have noted its only for the money.I'll give him 18 months max at Utd before he is either sacked or takes another 30 pieces of silver.

The point I'm making is they didn't leave for financial reasons. In a recent interview in the Scotsman (?) Jackie indicated he was half way trough a 3 year plan to get us to SPL. The board, from, the statement, didn't expect him to dump us part way through the season when the league and a cup are very winnable. No one would begrudge him and Sid the chance to progress. The timing is an insult to PTFC.

Nonsense.

We are insignificant in all of this. In 2013, DUFC are a bigger platform than PTFC are. And therein lies the reason why Jackie walked.

Nonsense.

We are insignificant in all of this. In 2013, DUFC are a bigger platform than PTFC are. And therein lies the reason why Jackie walked.

We'll agree to differ. Clearly though the board feel insulted, hence the tone of the statement in relation to the events of the last few days.

What surprises me is that no-one has yet mentioned how long Simon Donnelly has given Thistle good, and at times superb, service. He has stuck with Thistle through some of the worst managerial periods and at times when he was the sole representative of a better way of playing, and then proceeded to persuade Jackie to come to Thistle, finally passing on some of his skills through coaching to our new, exciting style of attacking play. SID owed the club nothing, and could have gone elsewhere for much higher pay.

Simon Donnelly's loyalty to his friend has eventually taken him away, but the club owes him a lot, even if he'd be the last person to shout about it or even mention it.

• Like 3

What surprises me is that no-one has yet mentioned how long Simon Donnelly has given Thistle good, and at times superb, service. He has stuck with Thistle through some of the worst managerial periods and at times when he was the sole representative of a better way of playing, and then proceeded to persuade Jackie to come to Thistle, finally passing on some of his skills through coaching to our new, exciting style of attacking play. SID owed the club nothing, and could have gone elsewhere for much higher pay.

Simon Donnelly's loyalty to his friend has eventually taken him away, but the club owes him a lot, even if he'd be the last person to shout about it or even mention it.

Y'know? I think you might be right. I thought Mr. McNamara is a c**t. Now I'm thinking more C**TY-F**K*N.%^&***)))) C**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon Donnelly talented as he may have been was a sh it player for us!

MacNamara has shamelessly let us down. Four months that’s all four more lousy months and we could have had something really good. Hopefully Archie will keep the momentum going but if he doesn’t I hope the fans don’t turn on him and at least give him credit for trying.

MacNamara, already a wealthy young man, has fallen very easily into the culture of disloyalty that is professional football. Make no bones about it he has dumped, walked away, and turned his back on the club that gave him his first chance in management. And for that alone Thistle deserve a modicum of loyalty at least until the league title challenge and cup final reaches a conclusion.

His timing couldn’t be worse at such a crucial time, and he’ll be well aware of that. And does he care, no not one jot. There is absolutely no excuse for this. Though unbelievably some fans on here seem to be making them for him.

I can still hardly believe that this has happened.

Great post.

After twelve years of reading Thistle forums moan endlessly about managers (among other things) it's been refreshing this season to log on and read about how well the team had played.

McNamara seemed to play a pivotal role in the re-energising of the team, whole club and supporter base. It's a wee bugger he's left, especially at this stage of the season.

Should make next year's match with United an interesting affair.

A lot of people on here saying he has only gone for the wages,no loyalty, no stayin power - which all may be true. However, is there anyone on here that wouldn't chuck their current job if offered double their wages ?

Some are saying he's well off enough that immediate money shouldn't be that big an issue, Others are saying he'll regret this, a bad career move and a huge gamble that may well come back to bite him.

Put the two together and if he's that wealthy then it isn't that much of a gamble.

A lot of people on here saying he has only gone for the wages,no loyalty, no stayin power - which all may be true. However, is there anyone on here that wouldn't chuck their current job if offered double their wages ?

YES.

I've never been offered double. But I have been offered significantly more to defect, and chosen to stay put. I helped improve where i was and improved the takings and in turn got a wage rise. Didn't match the offer from the competition, but was a fair wage.

I worked in a pub. I liked the staff. I liked the regulars. We had a good pub. New pub opens along the road and wants good staff. I said no.

Jackie is a c**t.

After some thought and deliberating I'm still puzzled as to why macnamara ewould take the dundee utd job, The Partick thistle board where good enough to give him his managerial break. And the job he has done at thistle has been amazing and I have loved the football he has.....sorry had us playing. The players he has plucked from Scottish football obscurity, the promotion fight, the ramsden cup final.....why would he not want to see the job through?

because he's a judas scumbag. i can't wait to the dundee h*ns go down this yr then i hope united go down next yr. our board were very good to him, gave him the funds to build a his own team and have always backed him and this is how he thanks us. i hope he fails miserably. judas swine

I think what rankles most about this is the timing. The club and mostly us the fans were/are potentially on to something great, success we haven’t had for years. Jeezo we are all desperate for some success.

MacNamara is a young wealthy guy so he ain’t moving for the cash. Obviously it’s ambition. An ambition that he could easily fulfil, particularly with a league title and a cup win on his CV, due to the merry-go-round nature of football managers. But no he couldn’t give the club some deserved loyalty and see us through to the end of the season.

Some say he couldn’t risk possible failure by not getting success this season and had to go now. Well that’s rich considering self-belief is what good managers should have in abundance.

If we finish this season with zilch I’ll lay the blame firmly on MacNamara. And it’ll take me a long time to get over it.