David Rowson

Woodstock Jag

I suspect it was Rowser's decision, as he'll want to be playing and there's little chance of him featuring again for us. Nothing to do with his ability, just that as the only part time player involved it is hard to maintain fitness to the level of the rest of the squad. If he wanted another contract elsewhere he had to go before the transfer deadline and it can't have been an easy decision.

I suspect it was Rowser's decision...

Yeah I read it that way too, sounds like he felt he wasn't going to get a game for us and wanted a different challenge, maybe looking for a contract down the leagues.

He was probably the most reliable player we've had in the past ten years. Always gave his all, typified the fight I want to see in Thistle player. Good luck.

Obviously wants to concentrate on his career outside of football while playing part-time while the legs allow it. A sensible decision, imo.

He is basically doing what he feels is best for himself, the same as McNamara. While most of us are dissapointed life moves on. I hope Archie and Shaggy have ambitions to coach at the highest level possible as this gives us more chance of success. As opposed to the likes of Campbell who had reached his managerial peak with us and even dragged us down to his second division level with long ball, blood and snotters football.

Onwards and upwards.

The goal at Almondvale few years back was a peach too.

Not to forget his first spell with us either, the season we went down from SPL he was one half of a 2 man team along with James Grady.

Article now on the official site thanking the Thistle support:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/january_2013/message_from_david_rowson

Getting ahead of myself but it would be great if we won the league if we could somehow get Rowson a medal, don't know if it's possible though, and not sure if he would want it.

I, like many, love him. Cult hero. His performances in 07/08 which scooped every Player of the Year gong we had going will always live in the memory. Sitting alongside his many screamers and most poignant moment in a Thistle jersey; THAT last min goal vs. Raith.

You mean the ones that always went two inches wide? :P

If the goals were the sort of size Sigesige wanted them, Rowser would have been prolific. It's just because he went for the corner every single time, which meant that when it worked, it was incredible.