League Reconstruction

Auld Jag

What is happenining re league reconstruction,after a few weeks of meetings and claims that we would have leagues of 12,12 & 16.It has went quite again.Surely if as was reported this was to happen for the start of next season.Something will need to be decided soon,or is it a case of they will still be talking about it in a few years time with nothing changed?

I think there is meant to be a vote early March but going by recent headlines then it won't be happening. Ross County being complete idiots seen as they have had one season doing well they are now content with the closed shop system. Would be very different if them and Dundee swapped league places. St Jonstone also "like" status quo but that is only down to Rangers not being there this year. As we know, if two teams vote no then its over.

SFL wise they have decided that league of 12 12 10 10 is prefered. With the split of 8 teams and league merging etc etc as well. Don't know why they don't want the 18 team league as everyone apparantly wants two games a season. These teams have loyal crowds as well so it is not like there is much difference in attendance between challenging for play offs or finishing 7th.

That first one is a joke, just part of closing the doors to the 24-team, 2-division SPL. Surely one/two teams should be being relegated and three/four promoted to make up the number in SPL2?

The second one sounds good, I've quickly sorted out their f***ed up scales.

SPL_Porposal_charts.jpg

Swiss question Scottish reconstruction plans.

"Apart from the two or three big clubs, it was not sustainable," said Edmond Izoz of the Swiss Football League.

He was the man ultimately responsible for changing the structure of the Swiss game, which now operates two conventional top leagues of 10, and has spoken to his counterparts in Scotland about the Swiss experience.

The overwhelming feeling among those interviewed by BBC Scotland about the 12-12 model was that it weakened Swiss football, not only in terms of the quality of the domestic leagues but also individual clubs' abilities to compete in Europe and the standard of the national team at all levels.

Equally, the consensus was that the move to a top league of 10 teams had improved all of those areas."

Edited by kni

Swiss question Scottish reconstruction plans.

"Apart from the two or three big clubs, it was not sustainable," said Edmond Izoz of the Swiss Football League.

He was the man ultimately responsible for changing the structure of the Swiss game, which now operates two conventional top leagues of 10, and has spoken to his counterparts in Scotland about the Swiss experience.

The overwhelming feeling among those interviewed by BBC Scotland about the 12-12 model was that it weakened Swiss football, not only in terms of the quality of the domestic leagues but also individual clubs' abilities to compete in Europe and the standard of the national team at all levels.

Equally, the consensus was that the move to a top league of 10 teams had improved all of those areas."

With a top league of 10 teams, do Swiss teams play each other 4 times per season? Is there any kind of split?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Just at a glance at all the info after reading in yesterday match programme that we would stand to make £300K under the new system.

Now looking at the facts and figures on the stv website is this just purely prize money? If you look at the current league tables and say that is the way it finish at the split, it would be very possible our attendances would be greatly increased. Hearts, dundee utd and dundee (assuming the fans actually go after the appointment of John Brown). St Mirren would also bring a decent support. Yesterday's game saw 3000 at it with little away fans in attendance with these clubs coming could we we could be nearer the 4000 mark.

If we win the league i wouldnt like to see this coming in for next season but going by our chairman's comments it looks likely to happen ( and if thistle are voting yes who can blame him. If we had one year in the current spl before any changed would allow us to have a bit more cash in place before and hopefully allow us to be ahead of the game in terms of bringing in players etc.

I would also assume that a new TV deal would be included to cover both divsions or at these the top 16 which would generate more money.

Does anyone know how much 300K is to Thistle? It sounds a lot to me and i would think it is a lot to Thistle. With this extra cash when or if it does happen i really believe we could become quite a strong team considering i think we would likely to get better attendances than the likes of st johnstone, ross county, inverness and the like. I dont like the structure of the new leagues but how could we say no to such a potential increase in money even if we didnt finish in the top 4 of the championship there is still more money on offer.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

That sounds exactly like the stultifying set-up that we have and that just about everybody, clubs and supporters, want to change. And yet they are praising it??

Baffling.

Quoting Harry Lime might be considered quasi-racist but you could easily add "and a stultifying league set-up" after "the cuckoo clock".

So long Holly.

If Thistle were to earn an extra £300k per year, I'd hope we'd use a chunk of it to tie up most of the first team squad right now.

I would hope that it would not take a huge amount to get the squad sorted and that we would then use some to further improve the youth set up. The most important thing for me, and I know it is not glamorous, is debt reduction - the sooner we can be debt free the better.

I would hope that it would not take a huge amount to get the squad sorted and that we would then use some to further improve the youth set up. The most important thing for me, and I know it is not glamorous, is debt reduction - the sooner we can be debt free the better.

This must be given high priority. Not entirely at the expense of having a decent team on the park, but whenever we're in a position to reduce the debt, it should be done.

• 2 weeks later...

David Longmuir, SFL, emailing clubs on adopting two OF colt clubs into a 12-12-10-10 structure.

So once again, Scottish football will be setting out to privilege two clubs in particular, by giving their young players a relatively high level of competition every week. Other top flight clubs can spin on it. And if the OF colts finish 1st and 2nd in the fourth division, do they get promoted? If not and third gets promoted, does that mean that 4th and 5th will go into play-offs with the bottom clubs from the third division?

FTOF is what I say.

• Like 1

David Longmuir, SFL, emailing clubs on adopting two OF colt clubs into a 12-12-10-10 structure.

How long is this guy going to be allowed to stay in this job? He's suggesting a fix for something which may not happen for many years, if ever. Or, maybe he's ensuring that the ugly sisters get twice the voting rights of any other club?

I thought Longmuir was the only one who emerged with his dignity after the summer's events.

Seems he's sold his out for 30 pieces of silver. Get the OF to :censor: Why not get a progressive side such as Spartans into the SFL fold instead?

Longmuir GTF

I also thought Longmuir was okay last summer. But I'd be dead against this.

Can you imagine how bad a Sevco second team would be?

Longmuir was part of the scam to save poor wee Rangers from SFL3. He only showed some gumption after guys like Turnbull Hutton and the Clyde committee started telling it like it was and denouncing the lies that were being pimped by Doncaster and Regan. Not as bad as that pair maybe, but not up to much.

• Like 1