Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

As one of our mutual associates said today "you have more knowledge of the buddies than some folk on here have about thistle"

Listen carefully..ST MIRREN ARE NOW THE ENEMY...NO MORE LOVE INS WITH THIS SHOWER!!!

Haha what cheeky bugger said that?

I probably do. No love in though what so ever. Any post usually has relevance to the thread old bean.

We should nip in and try and sign Connoly Junior from under the noses of the DABs. Give QP some compensation, maybe even play a friendly at Hampden. I feel it could be beneficial to have an arrangement with QP over players. We could loan them young players on the fringes of the first team squad and in exchange we could get first shout on their promising players.

Agree 100%. We are in a unique position to have a tie up with Queens Park. Their players can only go so far due to the amatuer status. Being in the same city and combining resources in a reciprical agreement could benefit both parties.

We should nip in and try and sign Connoly Junior from under the noses of the DABs. Give QP some compensation, maybe even play a friendly at Hampden.

I feel it could be beneficial to have an arrangement with QP over players. We could loan them young players on the fringes of the first team squad and in exchange we could get first shout on their promising players.

Would such an arrangement contravene their amateur status?

I'd imagine that as long as we and not QP were paying a player's wages, amateur status wouldn't be an issue.

I've heard it said that QP players are quite well looked after, as amateurs.

Ian McCall was very keen to work closely with Gardner Spiers at Queens Park to have a good relationship. Makes perfect sense for us to do this.

On another note I see Jags target Aidan Fulton has been made a new contract by Morton, of course would be in their own interests to do that anyway given that because of his age we need to pay compensation for him

Edited by Third Lanark

I'd imagine that as long as we and not QP were paying a player's wages, amateur status wouldn't be an issue.

I've heard it said that QP players are quite well looked after, as amateurs.

Any player receiving a wage is a professional, not an amateur. IIRC the Spiders' players can only get expenses. The last Jag to go to Hampden was Ricky Little.

Not a target for us but McMenamin has signed for Celtic Nation even though it was rumoured he was offered a contract by Qots.

They play in the Northern League where Christie Elliott once played.

Celtic Nation are the new Gretna.

"McMenamin, whose goals propelled the now defunct Gretna to the Scottish Premier League, has become Celtic Nation’s first signing under their new management team of Mick Wadsworth and Davie Irons.

"The 32-year-old has turned his back on Scottish football because he believes the spark has gone out of the game north of the border...

"The game in Scotland is dead as there is no money, and the move to Celtic Nation is something really different for me,” said McMenamin, who has been given a full-time deal."

Edited by kni

• Members

Any player receiving a wage is a professional, not an amateur. IIRC the Spiders' players can only get expenses. The last Jag to go to Hampden was Ricky Little.

In the past, the QP Directors used to employ the players at their place of business. Not so sure that sort of thing goes on now though. QP mainly bring through youngsters these days and they are very good at giving the youngsters first team football early in their careers. This along with the fact that they are highly regarded for bringing through kids and allowing them to move on freely is very attractive. They're simply very good at what they do.

What's Geree's role at the club these days - is he not the youngsters coach

Part-time youth development I think. Works as a lawyer so unlikely to go full-time anytime soon. Also he is the King of Spain ;)

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 1

Do we really want someone like Hardie, just a big physical player, coaching our under 21's? Would prefer someone who had a bit more flair and was more technically orientated. Think that serves for a better coach (not necessarily a better manager).

Whos to say hes not a natural coach? Did many people think of Archie as a Thistle boss?