Season Tickets For Friday Night (Pt. 2)

Stewarty

No, absolutely no idea what any of them do Ian, but this thread is now TWELVE pages long most of it pointless and I'm a twat for rising to the bait so I'll leave you all to enjoy the rest of your day. Apologies for trying to figure out what the hell the three of you are going on about.

The 3 of us (And a few more have also expressed concern) are going on about who is taking responsability Board wise for the running of the club and some of the shambles and non events that have happened.

Unfortunatly complaicency breeds complaicency, the CF for example was always 1 or 2 weeks late no one bothers..... now its 2 draws missing.

We are classed as the cuddly toy of Scottish football because we accept mediocre performances, we're Thistle we are unpredictable, that could have been the case for on the park previously but should never be the case for off it. If we want to be taken serious as a club we need to act proffessionally off the park.

My apologies for wanting to see my club ran with a level of proffessionalism that would ensure stability and growth for years to come instead of not seeming to care as we now have telly money.

1 person pulling out the CF is 1 too many

1 person not renewing there ST is 1 too many

1 person deciding not to go on a saturday is 1 too many

You have to keep your base load happy before trying to expand, we are not doing that, when the club announces its next initiative "Thistle2100" or whatever it will be called, who will take it serious, RealScottishFootball never started, Centenary Fund is a shambles, TAG hasn't started, you base commitments to sign up to things on proven track record and our track record is of failing to deliver.

Yes it may seem like a pointless moan to you, but all these items are easily fixable, but someone needs to take responsibility for them and do it, that is the role of a director in the company. Which was why I was asking what skills or input are they bringing, If someone was to say "Hey I'm the director in charge of TAG, we have a delay because of X and we will feed back on Y and we believe we will be fully running on Z" that would be a hell of a start in the right direction, the director doesn't need to be doing it but he needs to be pushing / helping /supporting /DIRECTING it.

• Like 3

It might appear that Norgethistle and others are moaning but the issues they raise are perfectly valid, I'm concerned that the club had all this fan fare about the TAG scheme, how much did it cost to prepare all the marketing bumff and yet people still can't make a payment its a complete joke.

The centenary fund is two months late yet still nothing is mentioned by the club.

People paying for season tickets to be posted out and end up having to collect them.

A while ago i wrote about about trying to sponsor a players jersey , which I have done for several years , it took about 7 emails and two phone calls to sort it out. The club then took £480 from my credit card eventually refunding the difference - problem over so I thought Dundee Utd game names in the programme , Hearts game my name has been removed and replaced by somebody else.

Well it just isn't good enough , hopefully the club will sort it out quickly but if they don't I'm going to be calling my credit card company and get the transaction reversed

But to be honest enough is enough I doubt I'll do it again , LAst year I asked for the jersey to be signed by the squad , The jersey was picked up all signed I then got a call asking to return the jersey as I was given the wrong one , The replacements jersey was just a normal jersey unsigned - ever had the feeling you have been cheated

It might appear that Norgethistle and others are moaning but the issues they raise are perfectly valid, I'm concerned that the club had all this fan fare about the TAG scheme, how much did it cost to prepare all the marketing bumff and yet people still can't make a payment its a complete joke.

The centenary fund is two months late yet still nothing is mentioned by the club.

People paying for season tickets to be posted out and end up having to collect them.

A while ago i wrote about about trying to sponsor a players jersey , which I have done for several years , it took about 7 emails and two phone calls to sort it out. The club then took £480 from my credit card eventually refunding the difference - problem over so I thought Dundee Utd game names in the programme , Hearts game my name has been removed and replaced by somebody else.

Well it just isn't good enough , hopefully the club will sort it out quickly but if they don't I'm going to be calling my credit card company and get the transaction reversed

But to be honest enough is enough I doubt I'll do it again , LAst year I asked for the jersey to be signed by the squad , The jersey was picked up all signed I then got a call asking to return the jersey as I was given the wrong one , The replacements jersey was just a normal jersey unsigned - ever had the feeling you have been cheated

That's really pretty shoddy treatment by the club.

What myself IMac, PT and others have stated are not only issues that that are wrong but also ways to possibly fix them, but we are classed by some as moaning minnies etc, your statement here totally sums up what is wrong with the club, customer care and satisfaction.

All emails should be replied to within 1 working day (Should be earlier but...)

All phone calls should answered within normal circumstances and returned

All payments taken should be correct 1st time

All agreements or items given out should be correct 1st time

That is 1 potential sponsor we have lost, now I don't know the circumstance behind PaddyThistle but he could be Scotlands Bill Gates and ready to plough millions in....... but after shoddy treatment decides not to.

Can I just add my 2p. It seems some folk think because we are on an up at the moment eveything is hunky-dory and so we shouldn't bother about anything else. I followed Thistle through many ups and downs (and more downs than ups) and things NEVER last for a club like us. Not just that but when we go down sometimes we go really well down and disastrously down.

If we are to avoid our next down being another near-disaster then we must do all the little things right, to keep as many folk on board as possible. It may not seem important to some but if we go down we won't have that TV money and games against bigger clubs to sustain us. All these little things will become VITAL. Not only that if we are to put off the next down as long as possible and ensure it isn't a disaster, we have to have all these small things being done right - not just because of the money they bring in (which may not be vital at the moment) but because them not being done properly indicates an attitude which if it grows will lead to things being done the wrong way in the really vital things.

And for those who think we shouldn't bring this stuff up when the club seems to be on a high, this is exactly when it should be brought up - get these things sorted while the team on the park is still playing well and attracting customers and you will be better be able to keep those customers when we have a downturn. I'm not saying a poorer team won't lose customers but you'll lose more if a lot of them have been p!ssed off by the attitude of the club to them.

• Like 5

That is 1 potential sponsor we have lost, now I don't know the circumstance behind PaddyThistle but he could be Scotlands Bill Gates and ready to plough millions in....... but after shoddy treatment decides not to.

I wish I was Scotland Bill Gates as I would have invested years ago but your correct - people only put up with shoddy treatment for so long

That's really pretty shoddy treatment by the club.

more of a "couldn't care less" attitude from the club.

why is it while we have much to be immensley proud of when it comes to the footballing and coaching side of our great club, we have an off the field operation that is riddled with failings, cockups and couldn't give a flying fck attitude from the board towards the supporters and lifeblood of PTFC?

totally professional on the park, worse than amateurs off the park

the catering is outsourced and would only make more money for SS.

That's not strictly correct. There well may be over-riders in place (really should be) but in any case when SS finish their contract our catering rights will be up for grabs. The leasing will be based every bit as much on goodwill as our league status.We're hardly likely to outsource at a respectable rental if we can't provide a respectable turnover history. And the more immediate the history the more importance.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

That's not strictly correct. There well may be over-riders in place (really should be) but in any case when SS finish their contract our catering rights will be up for grabs. The leasing will be based every bit as much on goodwill as our league status.We're hardly likely to outsource at a respectable rental if we can't provide a respectable turnover history. And the more immediate the history the more importance.

We may be in the situation in 1 or 2 years when the contract is up that we either need to give it away or run it ourselves if the reputation continues to drop.

If no one wants to buy the product what chance do you have of selling the franchize

We may be in the situation in 1 or 2 years when the contract is up that we either need to give it away or run it ourselves if the reputation continues to drop.

If no one wants to buy the product what chance do you have of selling the franchize

We could always get Doolan, Baird & Elliott trained up in catering and leave the big strong SPL level proven goalscorer to do what he does best.

I've heard it all now!

Do you even know what you're arguing about any more?

You are the one defending the club yet it's US who are making excuses?

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about lenziejag and continue to embarrass yourself on a daily basis.

Funnily enough, I don't feel embarrassed at all. I am not defending the club for the sake of it. It disturb me that people can come on the forum and make statements that they don't back up with facts and if you have read my posts, I have already conceded that not drawing the CF is unacceptable. PT,I think, also pointed out that the supplier in Hospitality has been changed, but the supplier for the pie stalls remains the same. If this is true, then again, I think that this isn't really acceptable.

However, you haven't yet convinced me that your other areas of concern are huge issues

1) Season Tickets - this would now appear to be resolved. They were a couple of weeks late and caused some inconvenience to some fans(me included). There were complaints that the need to post out voucher for Limassol and Dundee Utd cost the club money but it is likely that some contingency was built into the budget.

2) DVD - I haven't been shown that this would make enough of a contribution. However, if you can back up the estimated selling quantity based on real market statistics( like eg how many we sold last time), realistic selling prices and costs,then I might be convinced.

3) TAG - In the information on the website, the club have said that they expect this to make a significant contribution. Most people agree that it is more important to get this right than to introduce it when it is not ready. Unless I have missed something, I can't see anything in the information that has a committed introduction date. Do you guys have something that says different

I've forgotten what your other issues are.

A day or so ago I asked you to tell me what suggestions and solutions you had put forward, but so far you haven't responded. I would also like to know why you always at some point in a lengthy thread start to personally attack people who disagree with your view.

is that like when you stated the police don't want fans enclosed on two sides. Then told us to prove you wrong?

I don't think that I stated that. I put that forward as a suggestion. But please feel free to trawl through all the posts to prove me wrong.

What is your theory ?

Funnily enough, I don't feel embarrassed at all. I am not defending the club for the sake of it. It disturb me that people can come on the forum and make statements that they don't back up with facts and if you have read my posts, I have already conceded that not drawing the CF is unacceptable. PT,I think, also pointed out that the supplier in Hospitality has been changed, but the supplier for the pie stalls remains the same. If this is true, then again, I think that this isn't really acceptable.

However, you haven't yet convinced me that your other areas of concern are huge issues

1) Season Tickets - this would now appear to be resolved. They were a couple of weeks late and caused some inconvenience to some fans(me included). There were complaints that the need to post out voucher for Limassol and Dundee Utd cost the club money but it is likely that some contingency was built into the budget.

2) DVD - I haven't been shown that this would make enough of a contribution. However, if you can back up the estimated selling quantity based on real market statistics( like eg how many we sold last time), realistic selling prices and costs,then I might be convinced.

3) TAG - In the information on the website, the club have said that they expect this to make a significant contribution. Most people agree that it is more important to get this right than to introduce it when it is not ready. Unless I have missed something, I can't see anything in the information that has a committed introduction date. Do you guys have something that says different

A day or so ago I asked you to tell me what suggestions and solutions you had put forward, but so far you haven't responded. I would also like to know why you always at some point in a lengthy thread start to personally attack people who disagree with your view.

But why isn't it ready? Why wasn't it ready in time for the big launch? Why have a build up to a grand unveiling, get people to sign up then sit down and work out how to get it ready? Doesn't make sense.

It appears to be sorted although all the turnstyles don't work but a company should not mess its customers about to start with.

Even if it made us £1000 profit its still £1000 better off for us

Yes the sign up sheet

MEMBERSHIP

• TAG membership for 2013-2014 Season Ticket holders runs from 1st July 2013 - 30th June 2014.
  • Monthly draws will take place on the 10th of the following month.

Also

BARCELONA TRIP

• All TAG Core and TAG Plus members who sign up by 30th June 2013 will be entered into a prize draw to win an all-inclusive trip to Barcelona.
  • The prize draw will be made on Wednesday 10th July 2013.

The TAG is now fraudulent advertising, fact, by offering a draw for your personal details and not coming through, for both the Barcelona trip and the monthly draws for those that signed up (Standard package came free with a season ticket so where was the draw in July and August as per the clubs official site??)

The CF is close to being illegal by not paying out prizes won, and not drawing on time, its now being 2 draws late

We had a shirt sponsor on a few posts ago stating how badly he had been treated, that's a sponsor lost the way he's talking.

Folk are talking pulling out the CF due to its incompetence, folk will be reluctant to signing up to the TAG due to its shambolic launch, 2 large revenue streams affected if we go down in a season or 2 we will be wishing we had got these running back when we were flying high not when we are battling it out mid table in the championship.

Every-time we have went to the top league in the last 20 years it has cost us cash (JHS, NS, 2nd Vote, City End etc) I thought this time we would play it smart, maximize the feel good factor and build the club sustainably, but it seems we are not interested other than the telly deal and making sure the new directors box looks nice and plush.

• Like 2

I'm sorry Lenzie but I genuinely can't do this anymore. You've worn me down, there's nothing more I can say if you refuse to even acknowledge previous discussions, without me providing a quote.

Not wishing to trash any reputations. However, i purchased a disabled season ticket on 12/06/2013 and the money was paid via PayPal on 26,06.2013, this included a fee for recorded delivery.To date I received a voucher for the Utd. game otherwise to the best of my knowledge, i have received nothing from the club. As I was away for the Hearts game and will also be away for the Aberdeen game, no harm done then you could argue. I expect when I email the club I will receive a missive saying that the ticket can be picked up from Firhill, which by the way is not really accessible to anyone with a disability. i don' want to make a huge song and dance about this, but to be honest the club in all honesty shows a startlingly, dated understanding of equality issues.

Not wishing to trash any reputations. However, i purchased a disabled season ticket on 12/06/2013 and the money was paid via PayPal on 26,06.2013, this included a fee for recorded delivery.To date I received a voucher for the Utd. game otherwise to the best of my knowledge, i have received nothing from the club. As I was away for the Hearts game and will also be away for the Aberdeen game, no harm done then you could argue. I expect when I email the club I will receive a missive saying that the ticket can be picked up from Firhill, which by the way is not really accessible to anyone with a disability. i don' want to make a huge song and dance about this, but to be honest the club in all honesty shows a startlingly, dated understanding of equality issues.

Well, now that you've finished posting on an internet site about your problem hopefully you'll have two or three minutes free to call the office and find out where your ticket is. Some of the shite on here is just breath taking.

Well, now that you've finished posting on an internet site about your problem hopefully you'll have two or three minutes free to call the office and find out where your ticket is. Some of the shite on here is just breath taking.

I had a family member contact the office today to enquire as to where my season ticket was.

Ticket is there, but was assumed that it would be collected since they'd thought that I hadn't paid the postage.

Getting posted option was selected (and paid for) when renewing.

A lot of the "shite" you refer to is more than justified since it is a piss-poor service which is being supplied just now!

I had a family member contact the office today to enquire as to where my season ticket was.

Ticket is there, but was assumed that it would be collected since they'd thought that I hadn't paid the postage.

Getting posted option was selected (and paid for) when renewing.

A lot of the "shite" you refer to is more than justified since it is a piss-poor service which is being supplied just now!

Sorry GJ, but there's a huge difference in what you did and what I was referring to and I think you probably know that.

Oh and pay the premium rate phone line to have something corrected that should already have been done.

If you paid for anyother product to be delivered and they never delivered then 2 weeks on you phone them and they ask for YOU to collect it what would you do??? Tell them to stick it and refund the cash