St Mirren V Jags

Alan Murray

A start for Forbes, you kidding? He'll get caught out starting games to due his lack of pace/work-rate. He may make an impact coming on as a sub but starting important premiership games is beyond him, especially when we have other options available.

If Sinky is out, Bannigan to LB, Osbourne & Craigen CM, attacking mids of Higginbotham, Lawless & Elliott. Had Kerr impressed midweek he would have started but doubt he'll get a start after a poor performance against lower league opposition.

Piccolo will have done his chances of being considered for the first team no harm with his performance on Tuesday. He got in a bit of a tangle that let them score, but apart from that was assured all night. I know he picked up a slight knock, and at the moment you wouldn’t want to drop Muirhead or Balatoni, but just from the warm up I’ve noticed he has an absolute cannon of a shot and could be a threat if he was to push up more.

We need either Fraser or Welsh playing in our games or else we are not going to play how we want. They are the two that set the pace and tone of our passing. Assuming Sinclair is out:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Bannigan

Fraser - Osbourne

Lawless - Craigen - Higginbotham

Baird

If Sinclair is in, then it's a toss up between Craigen and Bannigan for who gets dropped. Will be harsh on one of them but they've both had a good run and I think we need to see what Higginbotham can offer from a starting berth. Personally, I'd keep Craigen in - I think he is the more inform of the two.

I don't see either of Bannigan or Craigen being dropped. Unless Bannigan is exhausted and showing up like that in training. If ATS makes it, I expect Higgy to hit the bench and it to be the same starting 11 from the first couple of games (except Osbourne for Welsh).

We need either Fraser or Welsh playing in our games or else we are not going to play how we want. They are the two that set the pace and tone of our passing. Assuming Sinclair is out:

Fox

Fraser - Osbourne

Baird

If Sinclair is in, then it's a toss up between Craigen and Bannigan for who gets dropped. Will be harsh on one of them but they've both had a good run and I think we need to see what Higginbotham can offer from a starting berth. Personally, I'd keep Craigen in - I think he is the more inform of the two.

Agree with that apart from Doolan in for Baird. If ATS out Higginbotham comes in. I wouldn't drop Craigen simply because of his energy. He's a ninety minute man and in good form. Higginbotham first sub.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=26224

Please note that there will be a minute’s silence in memory of Gerry Baker, who sadly passed away last weekend, prior to the kick-off of Saturday’s game against Partick Thistle.

The Partick Thistle fans can purchase their tickets (subject to availability) from the window at the away end of the ground (North Stand) from 1:30pm to kick-off time (3:00pm).

Fox

Fraser - Osbourne

Doolan

Subs: Gallacher, Gabriel, Kerr, Forbes, Elliott, Mukendi, Baird.

On the assumption that Taylor-Sinclair doesn't make it...otherwise Fraser out and Bannigan into centre-mid.

Agree with this team, but reckon Osbourne would drop out instead of Fraser if ATS is fit. Would also be surprised to see Mukendi on the bench, but it's probably not that important in the grand scheme of things.

I would suggest "We love Danny more than you!"

Brilliant! A must.

Minutes applause for a Buddies legend tomorrow, Gerry Baker, who scored in their Scottish Cup Final win in 1959.

On 30th January 1960 St Mirren played their first game in defence of their Scottish Cup - St Mirren 15 Glasgow University 0. Gerry Baker got 10 of them - despite going off injured midway through the 2nd half! 3 away from a Scottish record apparently.

Respect.

• Like 2

St Mirren players have sent out a rallying call via the moderator of the fans forum:

The players appreciate that everyone is feeling frustrated, they are feeling it too. They are absolutely determined to put it right. They have asked that everyone gets right behind them from the off tomorrow, whether you appreciate it or not it makes an enormous difference to them.

Please don't boo us if we're playing shite.

PLEASING :D

Fox

Fraser - Osbourne

Doolan

Subs: Gallacher, Gabriel, Kerr, Forbes, Elliott, Mukendi, Baird.

On the assumption that Taylor-Sinclair doesn't make it...otherwise Fraser out and Bannigan into centre-mid.

This for me, althought to be honest I wouldn't mind Elliot getting a go instead of Higginbotham after his performance on Tuesday. I never thought I would say that.