Thistle - Killie

The Cup

Hopefully Archie and Shaggy will be using their central defence knowledge to do some extra work with Gabby. Anyone that gives him a hard time over one game shouldnt be welcome at

Firhill imo

Agree it's harsh to write him off at this stage, however anyone watching him in the two cup

games could tell he had more than the odd

accident in him unless he altered his style of

play. Given the choice I'm sure Archie wouldn't

have wanted to play him this soon but it just

highlights how thin the squad really is.

Edited by Metz
  • Like 1

There will be 500 home supporters at Firhill on Saturday then.

I agree to an extent. We have some of the best supporters about but also some of the most intolerent fans in Scotland. A few guys around me were having a right go on Saturday at certain players and even Archie. Christ, Saturday was our 3rd league defeat since the middle of January!! . Not sure if winning both cups and a top 6 finish would satisfy these so called supporters

Pishflaps.

Every minor setback is being treated as a major crisis on here these days.

One week there are fans who think we have a serious shot at Europe, the next week those same fans think we'll be fighting it out with Hearts, Hibs and St Mirren at the end of the season.

One week there are fans who think we have a serious shot at Europe, the next week those same fans think we'll be fighting it out with Hearts, Hibs and St Mirren at the end of the season.

Maybe we'll be fighting it out with Hibs, Hearts and St Mirren for a place in Europe.

Because we've hardly played them since?

Perhaps. According to that most accurate of sources, P&B, the rivalry stems from a poor tackle made by a Killie player in the 70s. No further details are provided, of course. Saturday will test whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I'll dust off the old Massey Ferguson jokes though, just in case.

Perhaps. According to that most accurate of sources, P&B, the rivalry stems from a poor tackle made by a Killie player in the 70s. No further details are provided, of course. Saturday will test whether absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I'll dust off the old Massey Ferguson jokes though, just in case.

iirc it all started when Killie trooped up to a packed Firhill in what was widely anticipated as the title decider in the first season of the First Division in I think 1977? A big away support,some crowd naughtiness and a fine 2 0 Thistle.After that for a while we never failed to beat them.Usually 1 0 even if they'd played us off the park.Usually Donald Park in the 85th.

Then we had the famous Bobby Houston who came on for Killie at Rugby Park as sub after an acrimonious move from Thistle,assaulted 2 Thistle players and vickied the bench.Time on pitch before seeing red....45 seconds.

Next match at Firhill on he comes in the second half to be greeted with "On for a minute,you're only on for a minute."

Happy days.

Edited by Keiththejag
  • Like 1

iirc it all started when Killie trooped up to a packed Firhill in what was widely anticipated as the title decider in the first season of the First Division in I think 1974? A big away support,some crowd naughtiness and a fine 2 0 Thistle.After that for a while we never failed to beat them.Usually 1 0 even if they'd played us off the park.Usually Donald Park in the 85th.

Then we had the famous Bobby Houston who came on for Killie at Rugby Park as sub after an acrimonious move from Thistle,assaulted 2 Thistle players and vickied the bench.Time on pitch before seeing red....45 seconds.

Next match at Firhill on he comes in the second half to be greeted with "On for a minute,you're only on for a minute."

Happy days.

More Tadger than Badger then?
  • Like 1

iirc it all started when Killie trooped up to a packed Firhill in what was widely anticipated as the title decider in the first season of the First Division in I think 1977? A big away support,some crowd naughtiness and a fine 2 0 Thistle.After that for a while we never failed to beat them.Usually 1 0 even if they'd played us off the park.Usually Donald Park in the 85th.

Happy days.

75-76 was the season we were competing for the 1st Division title. We beat them 4 out of 4 that season, twice in the League cup section and twice in the league. Firhill match was an effective title decider. Only 26 league games that season. Promotion confirmed on 31st January and title won a week later at EEP. And Killie got promoted too as runners-up. Revolutionary stuff!

• Like 1

I can smugly declare that my intense dislike of the rascals predates any of the reasons given above. -_-

Goes back to '71-'72 season and a bit of excess hostility visited upon the brave souls of the old North West bus by their cave-dwelling Doc Martens & white skinners-sporting thugs after us administering a jolly good hiding to them on the wildebeest-trodden savannah that is / was the Rugby Park playing surface. :thumbdown:

David Lilley's leg-breaker on Danny Invincible should have evened the score, then. Joke was, Killie signed Lilley from us at the first opportunity.

David Lilley's leg-breaker on Danny Invincible should have evened the score, then. Joke was, Killie signed Lilley from us at the first opportunity.

Well Abercrombies assault on the Killie player at Firhill would of put the result beyond doubt, probably 1 of 2 times I wanted a Jags player sent off, the other was Dougie Bell at Cappielow

Interesting bit in tomorrow's preview.

Thistle's line up from the last time the 2 teams met-

Pinkowski, Madaschi, Murray, A Gibson (Britton), Strachan (Anis), B Gibson, Mitchell, Mitchell, Fleming, A Ross (Panther), Grady.

What a shite team.

Not quite so shite.

Think I would've had Rowson in for one of the Jamie Mitchells :thumbsup2:

Rowson and Grady were the only two that had a good season back then.

eta It was the last game of the season so you'd expect a more experimental XI but apart from the goalie that was possibly the best we had :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett