St Mirren Match

Jaggernaut

If Baird has only started two spl games and 1 he was good in and the Aberdeen game he was poor as were the full team. What's the difference between both Aberdeen games??? Surely it's not the strikers as both got isolated. Monday night tells you more than just the game. Nothing has been changed or learned from the first Aberdeen game eight weeks ago were Baird got hanged out to dry same happened to Doolan on Monday. Baird hasn't played enough to be judged fairly.

We had a few chances to score on Monday, we were never going to score in the first game. We also kept the ball for longer period on Monday than the first one. At the end of the day Aberdeen are just a much better team.

Looks like Welsh has been carrying an injury for a few games and club looking to break next week to give him time to recover properly. Could he be rested by starting from the bench? Apparently Fraser is available although he faces a lengthy ban once he sees the beaks. So should Fraser take Welsh's place?

My inclination is if we rest Welsh we should bring in Forbes or Elliot with Bannigan moving back. I know the lad hasn't been at his best recently I think we can afford to risk it at a home game v St Mirren and of course Osbourne will be there too. Looks too like Balatoni will be fit so I suppose he goes straight in. Any other suggestions?

Welsh has been needing a break for a couple of weeks. Archibald should have dropped him after his performance in the Celtic game,

When Fraser and Osbourne played together against Motherwell and it didn't work. I'd rather see him than Kerr though.

In fact if Kerr, Gabriel and Baird play then I won't bother going. In fact this season has been shit and I'm about 3 poor performances away from not attending another game.

In fact if Kerr, Gabriel and Baird play then I won't bother going. In fact this season has been shit and I'm about 3 poor performances away from not attending another game.

Strange attitude.

Apart from the 0-3 Aberdeen game, the performances have been pretty good in my humble opinion.

By and large, I'm enjoying this season.

Welsh has been needing a break for a couple of weeks. Archibald should have dropped him after his performance in the Celtic game,

When Fraser and Osbourne played together against Motherwell and it didn't work. I'd rather see him than Kerr though.

Sort of fan that shouts utter nonsense and everyone secretly wants you to shut tfu

I don't think you should bother going whoever plays.

Back to Higgy: I welcome his desperation to score. I'm still absolutely loving this team's approach and methodology, but I get a wee smidgin frustrated now and again when we try to pass the ball all the way into the net instead of having a pop from distance sometimes. Higgy's 'HAVE IT' approach is quite refreshing for me.

I thought he was outstanding against Aberdeen and put it in a huge shift. Bloody unlucky with that outrageous attempt from kick-off, but it was probably our high point of the game, looking back.

I'll be doing a lot of screaming tomorrow for players to have a shot from the edge of the box or thereabouts. Christ, it's been the opposition's salvation against us often enough this season. Especially at Firhill.

Monni Thistle. Intae this mob!

• Like 2

think Higgy is fantastic. our problem as far as i can see is everyone is trying to set up the chances for Doolan. last season we were scoring from all over the park. time to go back to that attitude. if we cannot feed Doolan the way we he needs to score we should go back to long range shooting. Forbes should be given a starting place. Dools will feed off anything a keeper cannot hold.

Who offers a goal threat in the team this season? Doolan and Higginbotham. That's it. Time for the rest of the team to start taking responsibility for having a shot at goal. I suspect it's a confidence thing - Bannigan hasn't looked the same player since coming back from the 6-0 hammering off England - but it's time for everyone to step up to the mark.

• Like 1

Who offers a goal threat in the team this season? Doolan and Higginbotham. That's it. Time for the rest of the team to start taking responsibility for having a shot at goal. I suspect it's a confidence thing - Bannigan hasn't looked the same player since coming back from the 6-0 hammering off England - but it's time for everyone to step up to the mark.

Spot on, that's been our main failing this year IMO, lack of midfield runners supporting Doolan. I'm aware the defending is better at this level, but still the goal scoring contribution from midfield has to improve.

Spot on, that's been our main failing this year IMO, lack of midfield runners supporting Doolan. I'm aware the defending is better at this level, but still the goal scoring contribution from midfield has to improve.

I agree that our midfielders need to score more goals.

However, last season the vast majority of goals came from two midfielders - Erskine and Lawless. Erskine is away and Lawless has been off form and not in the starting line up most of this season.

Bannigan is in an advanced midfield role but he is not a big goalscorer - just look at his record. Welsh barely ever scores. Osbourne sits deeper. Craigen is still inexperienced and seems to naturally create rather than finish.

Basically, it isn't surprising that our midfielders aren't scoring.

Don’t think Welsh will play – Archie I think we move Banzo back into the holding role. It’s between lawless and Elliot to who takes Stuart's position – I think lawless will get the nod. Not keen on Forbes playing the advanced wider role.

Edited to add Balatoni to come back in. Good to have him fit.

Edited by Alan Murray
  • Like 1

Don’t think Welsh will play – Archie I think we move Banzo back into the holding role. It’s between lawless and Elliot to who takes Stuart position – I think lawless will get the nod. Not keen on Forbes playing the advanced wider role.

Some good thinking here and hopefully wee lawless is hurting at warming the bench and will have a point to prove!mon the jags!

• Like 1

You must be the miserable ******* that sits behind me and whinges non-stop throughout every home game.

Off you pop, then. Don't come back.

Same shite, different Saturday.

I hope we're lucky enough to get some pish like Falkirk in the playoffs.

What an idiotic comment. Couldn't make it today myself but from the sounds of it (with 10 misn left) we are extremely unlucky today (including a penalty shout when Murder McLeod implied we'd got one on the radio then added as a PS that we hadn't). Killie also losing and still well behind us. St Murn are shit, and still to play them twice. Chin up.