St Mirren Match

Jaggernaut

This is a big, big game for us so hopefully there will be a good crowd. We do need a win ASAP - and tbh St Mirren (and Killie) are fairly obviously our rivals in avoiding the playoff spot so this would be a very good time to go out and get it.

I think we should try something different - Doolan has been a star up front on his own all season, but he has fed off scraps even at home. We should start with two forwards this time. Either start Baird too - playing them both might work - or have Higginbotham up alongside Doolan. We need a goal or two and St Mirren frankly don't merit a heavily defensive line up with two defensive midfielders. Oh, and Bannigan needs a rest...

If we can deal with Thompson on Saturday then we should be in with a great chance of taking all 3 points

I Agee with previous posts about not pushing up more when the ball is played to Doolan

IMO lawless should play I feel that banzo will be on the bench

Lawless on the right and Higgy on the left should do the business

Osbourne and welsh in mid with craigen playing in front of them

On another point this season we still await the Steve o'donnell of last season

What's happened to his rampaging down the right wing taking on his man and whipping in a cross

Is he following instructions or is he still not fully fit

Pleased to see McMillan gradually getting match fit

I think he will be a great addition to the team when he gets his chance

And remember this is also a big game for st midden

Think Lennon will play it tight and try and take us on the break

Let's get behind the lads on Saturday got a feeling we are gonna do the business

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni* - Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne - Welsh

Lawless - Higginbotham - Craigen

Doolan

* What's the deal? Piccolo in if Conrad's still out.

Would drop Welsh if the only other option wasn't Kerr. Forbes can't play that deep, McMillan's probably not fit enough and Fraser is banned for eternity am I right in saying? Bannigan's not kicked a ball for weeks so get him out and bring wee Lawless in who should be desperate given his stupid complaint on Twitter.

Even though we're off the back of a 4-0 hammering - I think we'll win this.

SOD was pretty good in the away game at St Mirren park.

On Saturday we have to be more patient I feel. The cavalry charge from kickoff isn't working in this league. I want to see us keeping possession but also getting players forward in support of Doolan.

Forbes and Craigen did well in the last game against St Mirren, can we accomodate both in the team? Ozzy is a shoe-in. Defence will be the usual five, unless Gabriel has to come in again for Balatoni.

Doolan got little or no service on Monday night so I feel the middle five players are the key to a home victory in this game.

Welsh and Banzo haven't impressed me greatly over the last couple of games, with Welsh costing us a few goals by giving the ball away too easily and Stuart ducking out the way of McGinn's fk put us on the way to a drubbing score-wise.

However they probably know they need to up the game and I feel Archibald may stick by them on Saturday.

So with Craigen and Higgy retaining their places it could be a case of, again Sam, play it ;)

• Like 2

. Oh, and Bannigan needs a rest...

How true above, his conduct at the free kick was that of someone who had his mind elsewhere and didn't want a smack on the heid wi the ba.

For me this is a must win game for sure, a draw (or defeat) will not do, the lads are all capable but belief needs to be instilled into them.

McMillan in for Welsh, hand the captaincy to Osbourne and Forbes in for Bannigan.

Both players need dropped and it gives a huge chance for the incoming players to try and grab a place in the starting line up. It is maybe a little soon for McMillan but the lad has been training and playing some under 20 games for weeks and weeks, he is a pro and fairly experienced, I'm sure he could rise to the challenge. He should offer good defensive cover and at the end of last season we saw he can score too. Forbes has had so few starts this season, just one in the league (can't remember really) but feel a change is needed and he has the potential to be a useful player in our starting eleven.

This might be a good opportunity to give Forbes a start. I think he would prove useful in our home games, where we don't get the chance to run beyond defences so much. A well placed move through the middle is needed quite often, and he could provide those passes.

We beat 2nd place Inverness and performed very well against champions and league leaders Celtic. A bad result away from home to the form team in the league later and everybody wants to drop players and change the formation!

The players that people are suggesting are dropped have been well off their best for a number of games, I don't think it is a knee-jerk reaction.

In my opinion, Welsh has struggled since coming back from his minor injury, this could be that he doesn't sit so well beside Osbourne but Osbourne is the first name on our team sheet.

Bannigan has not performed well for the past six or seven games (with the exception of the Celtic game and at times against Caley). Bannigan has often looked uninterested and generally negative in his play, even though he is in an advanced midfield role. It is a pity that he hasn't been able to continue last seasons form, I am starting to think the Scotland U-21 call up has affected him and maybe his attitude or confidence.

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1

Would like to see archie put 2 up front doolan and baird and bring kerr into midfield even if its just to give the players who get subbed a kick up the behind. I know the team that got us promoted deserve some loyalty but when it is detrimental to the club then changes have to be made

:lol: Funniest post ever.

• Like 1