St Mirren Match

Jaggernaut

What an idiotic comment. Couldn't make it today myself but from the sounds of it (with 10 misn left) we are extremely unlucky today (including a penalty shout when Murder McLeod implied we'd got one on the radio then added as a PS that we hadn't). Killie also losing and still well behind us. St Murn are shit, and still to play them twice. Chin up.

So you weren't there yet can pass comment on the fact that we were unlucky? Let me tell you, we weren't unlucky. We were absolutely spineless with no one bar Higginbotham willing to take responsibility. Those kind of performances will see us in the play-offs, make absolutely no mistake about that.

I fear the penalty incident is going to overshadow a poor selection from the manager and another complete lack of alternatives. Archie is just as culpable for today's disaster as the players.

• Like 1

Terrible performance against a poor side. All this passing across the box and nobody being able to score is getting boring. Teams now know how to play us. No matter how much possession they give us we won't score where as all they need to do is bide their time and they will always score.

No clean sheets in our last 12 league games is shocking. Just now I fear that the best we can hope for is a playoff place. Keep playin like that and it will be.

So you weren't there yet can pass comment on the fact that we were unlucky? Let me tell you, we weren't unlucky. We were absolutely spineless with no one bar Higginbotham willing to take responsibility. Those kind of performances will see us in the play-offs, make absolutely no mistake about that.

I fear the penalty incident is going to overshadow a poor selection from the manager and another complete lack of alternatives. Archie is just as culpable for today's disaster as the players.

I cant fault Higonbothams work rate but I was disappointed at his corners however it didnt help that not one of our players makes an attempt to jump for them, as opposed to St Mirren who while they may not be any good clearly practice at them or maybe they dont need too given that Fox and our defenders dont seem capable of jumping either.

Osbourne gets pass marks for me for his never give up attitude, Lawless I felt worked hard and at times when 3 or 4 men are around him it would be nice if another Jags player gave him a passing option.

Referee was diabolical however that doesnt cover the fact that several players who I thought better of put in performances, that if it had been Baird or Kerr would have seen them crucified before they had even left the stadium tonight

Also while I have given Archie and Scott plenty of plaudits in the past they got it completely wrong today and while I think Muirhead should have started ahead of Muirhead I did not see the point of bringing on Aaron in the second half when we are 2 nil down and clearly needing to get goals rather than worry about losing more

Edited by Third Lanark

Really bad team selection by Archie today

You can see and feel the confidence draining from the team

Not playing muirhead big mistake should have been on from start

Think the pressure of not winning at firhill is starting to show

With o'donnell being sent off I think macmillan is a shoe in bit of experience and composure

Also feel midfield definitely needs looking at

Maybe introducing Kerr might be the answer

With regards to the game Thompson given freedom of firhill to score from the corner

How the ref didn't award the penalty ??

Blatant hand ball

Thought higginbottom again was outstanding easily the best player on the park

We need to get the ball through to our forwards much quicker and the midfield must push up and support

Pretty Football might get plaudits, but it is points we need and pointless unless there is an end product. We are being found out by the opposition. Reminds me of McNamara's time, when we didn't have a plan B, when we were losing. Archie fixed our away record on that one, but I am afraid the opposition's striker's are way ahead of where we are. What happened again today? St Mirren, three chances three goals. Need to tighten up and buy someone to help Doolan in January,(but who would be available and affordable ?)

the table doesnt look good tonight, 4 points off the play off spot..st midden and county 2 games in hand albeit 1 against each other

Not sure who county's other is against but st mirren's is Celtic. They are getting **** all from that and I'm still confident we'll finish above both.

Guy that sits next to me said today Beattie told him in the Aitken suite pre-match that Archie has a budget for bringing players in during transfer window. A centre half that can organise the defending of a corner kick would be a start for me

Not sure who county's other is against but st mirren's is Celtic. They are getting **** all from that and I'm still confident we'll finish above both.

Guy that sits next to me said today Beattie told him in the Aitken suite pre-match that Archie has a budget for bringing players in during transfer window. A centre half that can organise the defending of a corner kick would be a start for me

I presume other teams will do the same though I am hoping Hearts and Killie will struggle financially to do so - then again when has that ever stopped them

14 in 4 after today.

And how many were his fault??????

None of the 3 today, 1st one waas SOD with stupid foul and Fox squiffing a shot past the post then not comanding his area for corner.

Second Fox either has to come or stay not dither when coming.

None of the goals against Aberdeen were his fault

Seems we have new scapegoat, just like Bombscare Balletoni was a few years ago

If you need a scapegoat look to Archie and shaggy, poor substitutions, no Plan B, and the team seem incapable of shooting or understanding corners (Attackingg or Defending)

If you need a scapegoat look to Archie and shaggy, poor substitutions, no Plan B, and the team seem incapable of shooting or understanding corners (Attackingg or Defending)

Piccolo may becoming a scapegoat however if he is he's not doing anything to persuade anyone that he shouldn't be. He is far too casual and risky for a centre half in this division. And he doesn't have any redeeming qualities that would persuade me to overlook this?

He should never have been anywhere near the team today I can just about get it when there Is no alternative but to have 2 better options on the bench worries me.

Archie finally had enough even if it was only 1-0 strange though he put Ozzy back since we had like for like on the bench.

We need to become more solid I can guarantee the Mexican won't help us achieve it.

• Like 1

And how many were his fault??????

None of the 3 today, 1st one waas SOD with stupid foul and Fox squiffing a shot past the post then not comanding his area for corner.

Second Fox either has to come or stay not dither when coming.

None of the goals against Aberdeen were his fault

Seems we have new scapegoat, just like Bombscare Balletoni was a few years ago

It's got absolutely nothing to do with scapegoating anyone - it's clearly evident he's out of his depth.

Despite your protestations, he lost Thompson for the first goal. His positioning is awful and he is constantly drawn towards the ball. This leaves his defensive partner to cover for him - it's no coincidence that Balatoni and Muirhead, two of our most consistent performers in the last year, have turned in their poorest performances when paired with this dumpling.

His communication is non-existent, again exemplified today when Balatoni and Fox were shouting for him to let the ball run and he instead headed it straight to the feet of Thompson.

Archie's wee experiment, and also his failure to sign a recognised centre half in the summer, has cost us dearly in recent weeks and will continue to do so. Piccolo affects the whole chemistry of the team and should be absolutely nowhere near our first eleven at this moment. Liam Lindsay would be better option and that's no exaggeration.

• Like 3

It's got absolutely nothing to do with scapegoating anyone - it's clearly evident he's out of his depth.

Despite your protestations, he lost Thompson for the first goal. His positioning is awful and he is constantly drawn towards the ball. This leaves his defensive partner to cover for him - it's no coincidence that Balatoni and Muirhead, two of our most consistent performers in the last year, have turned in their poorest performances when paired with this dumpling.

His communication is non-existent, again exemplified today when Balatoni and Fox were shouting for him to let the ball run and he instead headed it straight to the feet of Thompson.

Archie's wee experiment, and also his failure to sign a recognised centre half in the summer, has cost us dearly in recent weeks and will continue to do so. Piccolo affects the whole chemistry of the team and should be absolutely nowhere near our first eleven at this moment. Liam Lindsay would be better option and that's no exaggeration.

1000% this.

Anyone fancy chipping in and buying Belatoni some decent studs for his boots. How many times does he slide at the crucial moment .......... In addition, skippy about football doesn't work against experienced teams who have been in the premier league for years. They were probably a skippy about team when they turned up, just about survived and realised that big punts up the park to strong accurate strikers paid dividends. So the choice is a nice football team or a team who can win. Which one ?

Despite your protestations, he lost Thompson for the first goal.

No one took Thompson or any other player at the 1st goal, which was a corner from Fox spilling an easy save past the post

He had a great tackle 1 on 1 where if he had dived in would have been a penalty, had a good header when fox floundered instead of coming and making the ball his.

The team were shit today with the exceptions of Ozzy and Higgy