James Fecken Craigen

simoncordiner

Jeez... Can we all not just agree that Craigen has bags of potential but has struggled recently due to a) tiredness; b ) the step up in level; c) having to play out of position; and d) playing in a struggling team. I've been critical of his performances lately, and have stated that I think he needs a rest, but he is undoubtedly a promising player who hopefully has a bright future at the club.

100% agree with your post,why don't we start another thread why a talented player like Ross Forbes who has played in the Premier League shows no application , doesn't look after his fitness etc instead of picking on young players who are obviously still learning.
  • Like 1

It's surely a bit difficult to defend Craigen by arguing he's more of an attacking type when he hasn't actually scored for us this season.

It was mentioned some time ago (not in this thread) that the players' ratio of goals to shots was low. Now that (it seems) the worst of the defensive frailties have been sorted out, I wonder if some attention will be paid to getting more goals.

I've been reading Thistle forums for more years than I care to remember and this thread is without question one of the most bizarre.

It sure is Tom, up there with the Kurt Cobain thread on .net but on opposite sides of the enjoyment spectrum ;)

He is pish and not good enough for this league.

If Craigen is good enough he hasn't shown it. He spent most of the St Mirren game chasing a 19 year old's shadows.

If we stay up this season we can all say a big thank you to Romanov.

All we need is a comment from Javejag on this page to complete the three blind mice or even the Three Stooges syndicate!!

Edited by Lindau

Okay we're almost hitting a hundred posts on this without either side giving way. The reason James Craigen is given some latitude is not for drinking in the S&G, nor for his part in a few goals this season but for one very special night last year v Morton when his goal picked us all up after the Cup Final defeat. So rock on James Craigen!

• Like 2

All we need is a comment from Javejag on this page to complete the three blind mice or even the Three Stooges syndicate!!

So you must think Craigen was good against St Mirren. What did he do that impressed you so much?

Please don't retort with personal comments if you can't answer.

I've been reading Thistle forums for more years than I care to remember and this thread is without question one of the most bizarre.

Agree there, Tom. Only just read it and was rather surprised to find I've been quoted by JaggyMad. I suppose only he/she can let me know the relevance of quoting someone who hadn't posted on this rather eccentric thread..

Btw I once saw Emlyn Hughes in a pub just outside Wolverhampton.

• Like 1

So you must think Craigen was good against St Mirren. What did he do that impressed you so much?

Please don't retort with personal comments if you can't answer.

I'm sorry but thinking that it's wrong to pick out and relentlessly criticise a promising young player on an open forum, potentially knocking that player's confidence, does not necessarily mean that you think that player played well in his last game. He wasn't at his best yesterday, that opinion does not justify this thread. If you can't see that (and you clearly can't) then post away. You're not helping Partick Thistle.

Craigen is the fittest player in our football team. Covers every inch of the park. Closes down play. Collects and lays off the ball. How many assists? He's played what? 30-40 games of full time football in his whole career?

He is the one player in our team who has the fitness and ability to go further.

Some fans are absolutely clueless.

• Like 5

I do agree with a lot of that but I also believe he's not been very good for a while now and is due a rest - even if for just a game or two. Much like Bannigan earlier in the season - who has impressed on his return. Young players suffer dips in form and are generally inconsistent. It's the downside to this team - the upside being that when they're on their game I'd argue there's no better footballing side to watch in this league than Thistle. O'Donnell, Lawless, Balatoni, they're all in the same boat. I wouldn't write any of our guys out at this level - sure some might not make it but it's too early to say they're shite or not good enough. A lot of them are 21, 22.

The only young player I have genuine question marks over is Elliott who I haven't seen produce a fantastic performance. I've seen it in all the others at one time or another.

Craigen's chance in the game was from a tight angle according to the photos on the OS. Also he has one assist this season but has been involved in the build up to a few of our goals. Higgy is our assist leader with 5 and 2 goals as well as the disallowed effort in Dingwall. I think ATS is next on the assist list.

Craigen's chance in the game was from a tight angle according to the photos on the OS. Also he has one assist this season but has been involved in the build up to a few of our goals. Higgy is our assist leader with 5 and 2 goals as well as the disallowed effort in Dingwall. I think ATS is next on the assist list.

MAKING A POINTFOX? YOU ONLY DONE THAT TO BE THE 100TH POSTER DIDN'T YOU?