Jags Vs Aberdeen - Sat 22Nd Feb 2014

Paulo

Let's talk about this game. I have no idea what to expect.

On the one hand, we have been brushed aside in quite a fashion by Aberdeen a couple of times this season, so this could be more of the same.

On the other hand, we look like we might be improving, and Aberdeen haven't been quite so convincing in some recent games.

On the other hand, we're playing at home so probably need a 4 goal cushion going into the last 5 mins to have a chance.

I expect a handy improvement in our performance from the last meeting.

Questions around the team selection. Does McMillan retain his place? I'd say yes, as Archie will no doubt be thinking of Aberdeen's prowess in the wide positions. The big question, is this when we try 2 up top? It's a gamble at any point, but I think we need to change things around at home and hope it freshens things up a bit. The question for me is whether we go with Taylor and Doolan together, or play one of them, with Higgy or Erskine up around them.

-----------------Gallacher------------------

McMillan----Mair------Balatoni-----ATS

Higgy-------Fraser-----Bannigan---Erskine

-------Taylor-----------Doolan-------------

Aberdeen have won 10 of the last 13 games since we last played them, that includes a win at Parkhead and getting into league cup final!if that's not convincing then I dunno what is!

Don't know if I would risk the 4-4-2 in this game, we need to keep it tight in the midfield as Pawlett,Flood and Robson have been playing well.

Gallacher

sod

mair

aero

ATS

Bannigan

Fraser

erskine

the prince

Higgy

Taylor

Aberdeen have won 10 of the last 13 games since we last played them, that includes a win at Parkhead and getting into league cup final!if that's not convincing then I dunno what is!

Since the turn of the year, they have won 3 league games by 1 goal each, managed a draw against Motherwell, and lost to ICT. Those league games were St Mirren, Killie and Hibs. Teams we have shown we can be better than (on our day).

Not saying we wouldn't take that record, but they aren't rolling teams over in the way they did us earlier in the season.

The Dons were absolute garbage last week and St Midden werent any better , shouldve finished a 0-0 draw, but Aberdeen got the luck and the goal (penalty) . We are due a turn in fortunes so I confidently predict our first home win of the season . McInnes is sh**ing bricks over this one and I can't possibbly return to work on Monday to face more ridicule if we dont give them the humping they deserve from us. M'on the Jags !!

The Dons were absolute garbage last week and St Midden werent any better , shouldve finished a 0-0 draw, but Aberdeen got the luck and the goal (penalty) . We are due a turn in fortunes so I confidently predict our first home win of the season . McInnes is sh**ing bricks over this one and I can't possibbly return to work on Monday to face more ridicule if we dont give them the humping they deserve from us. M'on the Jags !!

Was watching that game in a pub in Motherwell. Am I correct the referee had the temerity to book Goodwin for deliberate hand ball? Or did I just dream it?

Was watching that game in a pub in Motherwell. Am I correct the referee had the temerity to book Goodwin for deliberate hand ball? Or did I just dream it?

Surely not? Take his name and demote him instantly. Isn't the correct reaction to ignore the handball, wave your hands around then later share a little laugh with the silver fox himself around the halfway line?

Has Paulo got 3 hands? :thinking: sign him up and put him in goal!

I'm all thumbs, unfortunately.

I hope I'm going to regret this...

If we win today, there's a free pint of your choice at my wee pub, The Brass Monkey, for anyone who brings in a programme or ticket / season ticket!

Something needs to change, so hopefully this'll help! I really hope to be dishing out freebies later on this afternoon!

• Like 7

Nice one, GPT. If I remember correctly, you don't have a children's license? Is that right?

Ah well, looks like the weans are being chained up in Argyle Street again.

Buy the weans a bucket and a squeegie and get them cleaning windscreans for £1 when cars are stopped at the lights.

Keeps the kids busy and amused and get you more beer money, everyones a winner