Archie Must Go Again ?

javeajag

trolling aside i don't see point in letting manager go at this time of season he has done a very good job on the budget we have if we can survive drop its an achievement itself and also i reckon if we do then more players will want to join us as we do play attractive football keep that up get improved players and our future looks good also aswell we will have youngsters pushing in next year or 2 so put up shut up and live the dream after all we are in the premiership the now enjoy it while we can

Cool story bro. Needs more full stops though.

Can't believe this nonsense is back again. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is a forum for discussing issues related to Partick Thistle, but surely we should be operating within a framework of rational thought? Otherwise, we might as well pass our time reading posts by folk who keep telling us they're the Princess Anastasia, over and over and over.

Some rational thought then - Archibald is highly unlikely to be replaced before the end of this season or before the start of next, so all this speculation is probably a waste of time; the belief that another manager could improve the performance of the current team with 5 games to go is completely unproven (there's just as much evidence of this approach not working as there is of it paying off); the view that we could get a 'better' manager than Archibald is based on very little evidence - some of the names suggested so far as potential managers of Partick Thistle are, frankly, ludicrous.

So, working from the position of rational thought, you're left with the question, what's the point of all this? I get that there are some people who think that changing the manager would mean that we stay in the Premiership and go on to establish ourselves as a permanent member of the top tier in Scottish football. But that view is not based on rational thought. It's closer to superstition than reason - if we do this, then that must follow. A bit like wearing your 'lucky' socks so the Jags'll win.

What do we know for sure? That the current Thistle team are capable of playing better football than any Thistle team in a long time. That they're inconsistent and defensively weak on occasion. That we've all had a roller coaster of a time in the past year. Personally, I'm happy with that. If we go down, we go down. I'll be there on Saturday to give them my support in the hope that we don't. I suspect those folk on here who want Archibald sacked will do the same. This isn't the time for irrational nonsense.

Over to you, Princess.

• Like 5

Why did a mod even bother locking the first thread? Just get them merged and if you disagree with a point argue your case or ignore it rather than resort to petty sniping. Seems a wee schism amongst Jags fans here and there but we have five massive games to go and despite anything I'd think everybody would like us to win enough points to finsh in 10th place at least.

C'mon the Jags.

usual suspects posted missing .....

wonder why? :whistling:

Nope. Quick turnaround before out for a couple of celebratory jars but my opinion not changed. If it hadn't been for tactical naïvety on the manager's behalf through the season then instead of celebrating a win tonight it could've been celebrating safety.

Hoping the performance & result repeat next Griday.

For what it's worth, delighted to see Craigen get a starting berth today. His energy in midfield could be crucial in the run-in.

I think all of this 'Archie Out' nonsense smacks of delusions of grandeur to be honest. The goal has always been to stay in the Premiership and if it's achieved via a playoff, then regardless of all the nerve jangling and 5pence - 50pencing it must be viewed as a successful campaign.

It's absolutely vital to look long term which is why we have young, talented and hungry boys on 2 and 3 year deals, no small statement from a club on our budget and why the club backed a young manager again in January with fresh funds to bring in some required experience.

If we stay up we have the backbone of a squad who know each other inside out. A squad with stability and invaluable experience from a tough first season in the big league. A squad capable of playing the most attacking and exciting brand of football I can remember in 25 years with the ability to grow and see out games. Something we can all admit we've struggled with, something that if remedied could secure us 20+ points.

Yesterdays result aside. Look at the position we were in 24 months ago? The club has really changed from the bottom up for the better in recent years and is probably ahead of schedule.

Back PTFC, back Archie, back the boys. Archie isn't going anywhere and the few negatives being highlighted are things that can be fixed with some personnel tinkering pre-season and hard work on the training ground.

Stability is vital.

• Like 12

Nope. Quick turnaround before out for a couple of celebratory jars but my opinion not changed. If it hadn't been for tactical naïvety on the manager's behalf through the season then instead of celebrating a win tonight it could've been celebrating safety.

Hoping the performance & result repeat next Griday.

For what it's worth, delighted to see Craigen get a starting berth today. His energy in midfield could be crucial in the run-in.

You might choose to call it naivity given that he has been in the job just over a year it's more likely to be experience or more precisely the lack of it.

When you give the job to a current player you need to be prepared to accept mistakes, to date as far as I am concerned he is ahead of schedule and doing just fine get behind him and the team and we will be fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do have my doubts about Archie as a a manager, particularly the dropping of points in the last 5 minutes of games. I'm not clear on why that should happen. Having said that, let's look at the empirical evidence - led us to a division one championship, and led us to our highest ever finish in the top league. Story. End of.

Legend.

Aye Archie - GTF!! 7th with one game to go is pure p1sh.

And take Elliott and Craigen with you!!!!

What a great achievement for a man who has been a football manager for little over a year. The smallest budget in the league to deal with. The biggest injury list in the league to deal with.

Congratulations Archie and Shaggie, Well done and thank you for giving us one of the best seasons in living memory.

Wonder where the usual suspects are tonight? Probably in despair at Archie leading us to safety. Well done Jags. So proud of you. To the Archie doubters.

-------- hahahahahaha. Right up the lot of you.

I offered to meet Javejag in an Edinburgh pub of his choice last night, to discuss a few things, however he said he was in London last night! I look forward to his return!