Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Maxi, Archie and Shaggy at the back? Champions League here we come!

Terry Butcher is also at a loose end just now, maybe he is the very experienced and hard centre back that we are looking for?! :P

Edited by mhs

Have to say, without ever recall noticing him play, that is a rather exciting target

Multiple caps for Honduras including at the World Cup suggests there is talent there

Not sure what's happened to him at Wigan, signed a three year contract last summer but doesn't appear to have featured for him.

From the online BBC..

Partick Thistle are close to signing Wigan defender Juan Carlos Garcia on a one-year loan deal. Daily Mail (print edition)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/23465567

A Honduran left back... no idea if the story is true, just quoting the BBC / Daily Mail

Could be a very good loan deal! The guy doesn't appear to have featured for Wigan's first team but was still in the Honduras team (had about 34 caps in total) in Brazil.

He was on the bench vs France, played the second half against Ecuador and he played the whole match against Switzerland. He is 26 and apparently 6' 2".

Fingers crossed!

Edited by mhs

Have to say, without ever recall noticing him play, that is a rather exciting target

Multiple caps for Honduras including at the World Cup suggests there is talent there

Not sure what's happened to him at Wigan, signed a three year contract last summer but doesn't appear to have featured for him.

maybe ATS has put in a good word for us as a club he will do well at

Think the only Dundee players from last year that might get a start are the keeper, the left back, and maybe Peter McDonald. Think us and County were possibly slightly guilty of being too loyal to the guys that got promoted, Hartley has taken the opposite approach. Time will tell if it's the right one...

Think us and County were possibly slightly guilty of being too loyal to the guys that got promoted, Hartley has taken the opposite approach. Time will tell if it's the right one...

We were perhaps slightly too loyal to our inexperienced centre halfs, but our promoted side were a much better team than this Dundee one. Slightly different set of circumstances. We'd have regretted completely ripping apart our promoted team like Hartley has with his.

Think the only Dundee players from last year that might get a start are the keeper, the left back, and maybe Peter McDonald. Think us and County were possibly slightly guilty of being too loyal to the guys that got promoted, Hartley has taken the opposite approach. Time will tell if it's the right one...

Think the majority of the Dundee squad that got promoted last season was the Dundee squad that get relegated from SPL the year before.

Without having seen them play, I'm lead to believe that Dundee were far from impressive and did the bare minimum required to limp over the line in a lot of games last season. If true, then it stands to reason that they'd need a massive overhaul whereas for us, we looked the part in winning the league, and let's not forget that a sizeable chunk of our title winning squad have made the step up fairly well in the end. Two very different circumstances IMO.

Regarding Juan Carlos Garcia, sounds very promising. I know Honduras isn't the biggest or best footballing nation in the world, but they do have some very good players and having 38 caps suggests that he's no shite. Also, some stories seem to suggest that he can also play as a centre half, could be ideal if that is the case.

http://www1.skysport...ighs-up-options

Seems he has quite a bit of interest!

and he is hoping to make a decision on his future soon
. Nice positive spin but I'd suggest euphemistic way of saying "I'm bound to impress some club soon".

Looked good enough player with quickish feet but perhaps not robust enough for a cenre mid role in our league?

. Nice positive spin but I'd suggest euphemistic way of saying "I'm bound to impress some club soon".

Looked good enough player with quickish feet but perhaps not robust enough for a cenre mid role in our league?

Probably be way wrong with this but I thought him & Higginbotham were our two best 1st half Saturday. Wondered if he'd been taken off as they'd seen enough there along with bounce games at training & DVDs of Crewe games to know he could do a job?