What Do We Need?

1876Jag

My head is bursting with all the possibilities.

I know the most straightforward one for us is either 6 points or 4 points in the next two games and we're safe.

Excluding goal difference situations, has anyone worked out all the scenarios that could happen?

As a pessimist I'd start with us losing both games....

One win from either game or two draws will make us safe. 100% guaranteed.

If County win tomorrow, we draw on Wednesday, and Killie don't win vs St Mirren then we are safe.

this is mainly due to Killie playing Hibs on Saturday. If we're ahead of Killie by more than one point and at least level with Hibs going into Saturday's game they both can't overtake us. A win on Wednesday guarantees this scenario.

As painful as cheering on a team managed by Derek Adams is, a County win is the best result for us tomorrow- it would also mean they are safe when they come to Firhill on Saturday, which may or may not work in our favour if we still need points.

Edited by Ancipital

If we lost both games 1-0, we could stay up if killie draw both their games. If we lose by more then we'd need killie to pick up a maximum of 1 point in 2 games.

If we draw with hearts and lose to county, that would keep us up if killie fail to win both games or if hibs lose both games.

If we lose to hearts, and draw with county that would be enough if killie fail to win both games, or if county lose to hibs.

Drawing both or winning either game would guarantee safety regardless of what happens elsewhere.

If we lost both games 1-0, we could stay up if killie draw both their games. If we lose by more then we'd need killie to pick up a maximum of 1 point in 2 games.

In that scenario we could also stay up if Hibs lose both their games more heavily than we do.

But aye, let's just beat Hearts and make things easy.

If we win on Wednesday we are safe. We could even be safe with a draw if results go the right way. If we can go into Saturday with an advantage over both Hibs and Killie we will be safe as they are playing each other.

I think what we need is a bit of composer here guys

Let's see what Tuesday's result brings

After that we have 2 games to sort things out

Onwards and upwards

It's been an entertaining season so far

A great bunch of guys doing their best for the club

I know that there have been mistakes made but for sure nobody can deny the commitment from both the management and players

I've supported the jags from the early sixties and this and last season has been some of the best of times

So enjoy your football the ups and downs

We have some really good players here at firhill and in some quiet moments just think back to some of the dross that has been served up over the last few decades

• Like 7

I'm looking at the other results, and I've got a feeling that we probably want Ross County to beat Hibs tonight, despite the fact that County are behind us in the table. If they do win, and St Mirren win at Rugby Park on Wednesday, a draw at Tynecastle secures safety before the final day.

If tonight's game is a draw, and St Mirren beat Killie, any non victory at Tynecastle on our part still leaves us needing a draw and leaves Ross County needing either to win or hope that Hibs pick up something against Killie for them to be sure of safety.

If tonight's game is a Hibs win they are safe, County need to win at Firhill if they are to be confident of safety, irrespective of the Killie St Mirren score.

Or put most simply, we want the set of results that mean either we secure safety with a draw at Tynecastle or which leave County with nothing to play for on the final day.

Okay. We know a win tomorrow night would put all this to bed and leave the Jags safe.

But Thistle being Thistle we tend do things the hard way. So who should we be keeping an eye on?

Well, although I reckon we'll beat County on the final day to settle the issue, I think Killie could be a lifesaver

for us.

Say things went badly an we lost both of our remaining games 1-0, I'm not sure Killie have got a win in them now, and

obviously two draws in their remaining games would keep us above them.

But hey, let's make sure the boys know we're right behind them tomorrow night by being as vocal as possible for the 90 mins.

I'm looking at the other results, and I've got a feeling that we probably want Ross County to beat Hibs tonight, despite the fact that County are behind us in the table. If they do win, and St Mirren win at Rugby Park on Wednesday, a draw at Tynecastle secures safety before the final day.

If tonight's game is a draw, and St Mirren beat Killie, any non victory at Tynecastle on our part still leaves us needing a draw and leaves Ross County needing either to win or hope that Hibs pick up something against Killie for them to be sure of safety.

If tonight's game is a Hibs win they are safe, County need to win at Firhill if they are to be confident of safety, irrespective of the Killie St Mirren score.

Or put most simply, we want the set of results that mean either we secure safety with a draw at Tynecastle or which leave County with nothing to play for on the final day.

I'm hoping for County to win fourteen nil tonight. That would put us pretty safe if Killie lose to St Mirren.

Seriously, tonight's not the big one, but a positive result either way is better than a draw.

Edited by allyo

In that scenario we could also stay up if Hibs lose both their games more heavily than we do.

But aye, let's just beat Hearts and make things easy.

they (hibs) have to lose by +3 goals more than us.

if Ross County win tonight they stay up regardless of Saturdays game.

Edited by banderas

Okay. We know a win tomorrow night would put all this to bed and leave the Jags safe.

But Thistle being Thistle we tend do things the hard way. So who should we be keeping an eye on?

Well, although I reckon we'll beat County on the final day to settle the issue, I think Killie could be a lifesaver

for us.

Say things went badly an we lost both of our remaining games 1-0, I'm not sure Killie have got a win in them now, and

obviously two draws in their remaining games would keep us above them.

But hey, let's make sure the boys know we're right behind them tomorrow night by being as vocal as possible for the 90 mins.

If Hibs win tonight, both Kilies games are against teams that are safe, which can't be good news for us.

If Hibs win tonight we just need a draw vs Ross county. It's not the worst scenario

if RC win then they don't care Saturday and we can even stay up even losing both games as long as Hibs lose both theirs by 3 goals more than we do.

so just win at Tynecastle