Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

If the reason for moving fans from the North Stand is genuinely because of the admin problems it creates then surely to come up with the solution they have shows a total lack of professionalism.

In any business when problems arise you look at any number of solutions and assess them for the impact on your customers.

In this case the solution is to suit the club and the customer has not even been considered.

I'll hold onto my JHS season ticket money until I hear the "real" reasons for this.

What is it with our BoD? It seems they take one step forwards and three steps back.

I cannot for the life of me understand this decision. The North Stand has given Firhill back it's soul. I'm jealous as hell of all the NS crew as I ususlly have my 10 year old daughter on matchday and only get to go in the NS at midweek games.

I was also considering a season ticket as I no longer work weekends. They can ram that now....

Re: admin hassle. That Maxwell has some cheek on him. Has anyone tried to get a centenary fund prize out the ******? I've won three times, once a signed football and twice small cash prizes. The only one I managed to get was the signed football because I hassled some other fella who organised it. I was motivated to do that because it was a present for my son. The money prizes? Write off, even after Maxi saying he would get on the case. Mr Maxwell should perhaps be 'considering his position'.

Re: admin hassle. That Maxwell has some cheek on him. Has anyone tried to get a centenary fund prize out the ******? I've won three times, once a signed football and twice small cash prizes. The only one I managed to get was the signed football because I hassled some other fella who organised it. I was motivated to do that because it was a present for my son. The money prizes? Write off, even after Maxi saying he would get on the case. Mr Maxwell should perhaps be 'considering his position'.

That is outrageous if true and I don't for a minute doubt your word!

That is outrageous if true and I don't for a minute doubt your word!

I also (unfortunately) don't doubt this tale, however the CF is not being run by Mr Ian Maxwell. It had supposedly been taken over by Iain Dodd since Eddie Prentice left.

Carrying out the role as general manager of a football club is one that involves carrying out various tasks to fulfill numerous responsibilities and requires a range of skill sets. What is maxis credentials for this role? How many **** ups has he got away with? It's time to get someone in who knows what they are doing when it comes to the day to day running of a football club. The guy is a joke.

It’s ok everyone, I have the solution.

If the board to force us into the main stand we just have to turn up on the first home game of the season fully armed with some smoke bombs and flares (the fiery type not the trousers).

Once we have demonstrated we cannot be trusted in the ‘wooden’ main stand the board will have no option to move us to the north stand just like those nawty sellick fans.

The polis said so, don't you know. :thumbsup2:

• Like 8

I was fortunate enough to win the car last October in the cf draw. Maxi asked if I would do some photos to promote the cf. of course I said it wouldn't be a problem. He said he would get back to me that afternoon to arrange a time....... Still waiting....

Emailed both Maxwell and David Beattie, copying in the generic mail account. They'll definitely see it, they might even read it, but I bet I don't even get a response...

Did the same minus the mail account, kept it short as I didn't want to waste the time writing it for it to be binned with no response.

Wonder if we'll see anything official tomorrow, an explanation would be good.

The very least we could've expected from the club was to have put something up on the official site. Maybe by now, they have realised what an enormous fcuk up this has been and are preparing a damage limitation exercise. That said, I wouldn't put 20p on that being the case.

Just to add to the comments of others, I can't believe how low they stooped in the way, and the timing of the way, they put their intentions through Ian & Dave. What an atrocious thing to do to two loyal fans who are, first and foremost, fans. Not happy with ruining their last day match experience, they placed a hideous burden squarely on their shoulders; completely and utterly unacceptable. If it's any consolation to Ian & Dave, however meagre, they have the full unconditional backing and trust of all the fans I know, and that's a fair few.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 1

Oh the club can fair make an arse of things. To be honest it takes all sorts of skill to make a bigger arse this year than TAG of last year. I sit in the JH with the kids. Love the atmosphere that the NS brings when in full flow. I'm sure it brings all sorts of encouragement to the team as well, despite Maxi's suggested comments above.

If the club think this is going to blow over they can pap peas at the moon. Get the petition circulated via Twitter and Facebook to get 1000 names. This is a line in the sand for the fans, we are thistle. Someone much wiser than me once said that Football without fans is nothing. Football without an atmosphere will soon deliver nothing.

A guy sitting next to me has decided No season ticket, no merchandise, no new strips or cack grub being bought at the ground until this is resolved. Hard to argue with that.

Let's get organised as a support and sort this.......

• Like 1

Regarding the two posts above, we don't need the Jags Trust for this - does anyone (or any groups) fancy organising a fans meeting where we can get together and plan collective action? It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but if we're going to fight this (and I can't think of anything more worth fighting for) then we need a collective spirit to make them realise how serious we are and how much they've ****** this up.

Yeh, alx, same with me. Hadn't received a small cash prize after a couple of months. Phoned up and was told sorry cheque would be posted out. Said not to bother as I was coming in for something or other and to save postage. Told cheque would be waiting. Turned up to collect cheque and was told thru the receptionist that Ian Maxwell says he posted it out that morning. Needless to say no cheque arrived.

Yeh, alx, same with me. Hadn't received a small cash prize after a couple of months. Phoned up and was told sorry cheque would be posted out. Said not to bother as I was coming in for something or other and to save postage. Told cheque would be waiting. Turned up to collect cheque and was told thru the receptionist that Ian Maxwell says he posted it out that morning. Needless to say no cheque arrived.

Was Albert Craig or Alan Lawrence your postie?

• Like 1

Are all these issues recent (I.e this season)? I cancelled my subscription because they didn't seem to be able to run it on time, but I thought things had improved recently. Worse than poor if people aren't getting their prizes and actually being told they have been sent.

I love how the club send the big guns out, or Chris Jack as he's known, as a wee seed sower... Oh Chris has heard the reasons, and he thinks it's for the best! Maybe we should wait til the club make a statement.

Well that's going to be three days since they laid it at Ian and i's door. There was no confidentiality agreement, Ian and I suggested that we keep it to ourselves during the game so as not to ruin the fans final game.

I'm genuinely sorry that I couldn't keep it in, but I'm glad I didn't, as to do so would have let the board of directors off scot free as they kicked back in their padded seats enjoying their meals and drinks, while Ian and I had the meeting play through our minds again and again.

They have had ample opportunity to put out a statement, they were prepared when meeting Ian and I, so they could have put a statement out Saturday night.

One of the office staff confirmed there was a board meeting this morning... Still nothing, but apparently they've shown Chris jack the courtesy of filling him in. But not the customers.

Chris states in his tweets that after listening to the board he thinks the NS fans will change their minds. I'd suggest it would take an almighty bombshell for that to happen, but seen as how Ian and I weren't advised of any, I don't know what they will come up with.

I don't think I can make it any clearer, the main stand is of absolutely no use to us.

They can promise how they will fit new netting to the ceiling, spend money decorating the Aitken Suite, installing a pool table and sky sports, and market it as The Shed Bar, yes a Shed Bar, potentially alienating JHS fans. Oblivious to the fCt that fans have local pub loyalty and that will never change.

They can tell us all they want about how we can hang the flags over the front walls, and how they will tell Joma they no longer have the best advertising boards in the stadium. Yeah sure that'll happen. I'm sure Joma will be happy with that.

They can make all the promises under the sun, because their promises mean nothing, David Beattie promised us we would never be moved out of the north stand, for no one. His promises, the boards promises aren't worth the price of the paper you read them in.

The Main Stand is no use, it has worse acoustics and the sound doesn't travel to the JHS stand as well as it does from the North Stand.

The view is not important. We've had the NS view for two years, and we don't want to give up the NS. Every corner kick, every attack at the north end, we are right on top of it. In the second half, we are a vocal wall behind Gal, you don't get that same effect from the main stand.

The main stand is aged, it is uncomfortable with less leg room for people who choose to sit.

If we move to the main stand, how long til we are moved again to accommodate a propco refurbishment?

And if we are moved, where to? A poxy 1000 seater stand at the south end? Jesus that's even worse! Reduced height of a 1000 seater stand restricts the acoustics, and we'd be at the opposite end of the pitch to the away fans, where's the interaction with that? A 1000 seater stand, with safe standing tho??? Really? Big whoa wee. We already stand up in the NS. Safe standing isn't going to give us something we don't have. A 1000 seater stand at the south end restricts our capacity to grow. We average 600 but have filled it twice with 2000. To have a 1000 seater south stand restricts the capacity to grow in line with their projected tag figures.

They want 5000 ST holders. To treble the current figure... Well I want us to do that too, and averGe 1800, if they think 5000 ST holders is achievable then why shouldn't 1800 singers be achievable?

I've not held a season ticket for years but had thought about getting one next season as it helps the club and I do try to make as many games as I can.

I also don't sit in the North Stand when I do manage to get to games either, however I'm in complete agreement that the atmosphere the NS creates helps make the match day experience much better.

I can't refuse to renew in order to further support the cause but I will pledge to only buy a season ticket for next season if the NS is kept for home fans!

One additional ST holder waiting for common sense to prevail.