Banzo - A Jag Until 2016

mhs

Great news.

You do have to be very slightly disappointed with the number of established players coming out of our Youth System over the past few years, especially since Ian McCall wanted to bleed as many into the 1st Team as possible. Graham Eaglesham, Ricky Little, Graham Shepard, Ryan MacBeth and Philip Middlemiss are good examples of players who were rated at the time, but never seemed to make it.

Therefore I'm ecstatic at how well Banzo has done, and I am really surprised that we have still got hold of him. Best of luck for the 14/15 Season Banzo!

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Great news.

You do have to be very slightly disappointed with the number of established players coming out of our Youth System over the past few years, especially since Ian McCall wanted to bleed as many into the 1st Team as possible. Graham Eaglesham, Ricky Little, Graham Shepard, Ryan MacBeth and Philip Middlemiss are good examples of players who were rated at the time, but never seemed to make it.

Therefore I'm ecstatic at how well Banzo has done, and I am really surprised that we have still got hold of him. Best of luck for the 14/15 Season Banzo!

I think the big difference between Bannigan and the boys who you've mentioned is that the latter went out on loan and got a real impression of what would be required of him at first team level. His spell at Ayr was invaluable and I have no doubt that without it, he wouldn't be the player he is now. McNamara also contributed hugely to his development so credit where it's due.

MacBeth could have been in a similar boat; he was due to go to Queen's Park on loan for a season. However, a combination of injuries which totally eroded his pace and the trial at Bolton which seemed to give him a bit of an ego put paid to that which is a shame because he was a handy player.

I think this represents an astonishing 'signing'. Stuart could play in any - and I do mean any - team in scotland so having him commit to another two years is terrific business. Hopefully, higgy, kris d and the rest will feel similarly inspired

I think the big difference between Bannigan and the boys who you've mentioned is that the latter went out on loan and got a real impression of what would be required of him at first team level. His spell at Ayr was invaluable and I have no doubt that without it, he wouldn't be the player he is now. McNamara also contributed hugely to his development so credit where it's due.

I think that is a very fair point. I also think Ayr United was an ideal place for him to apply his trade, as you do want to see on-loan players still applying their trade at a highly respected club. Let us not forget how well Doolan improved after his spell at Clyde.

What is worth emphasising is not just the combination of intelligence and graft that Bannigan brings to the team, but also his versatility. When push comes to shove he can play pretty much anywhere in midfield and as back-up wing-back support. For a guy who was kept relatively low key when other youth players were being bigged up, he just went about his game, really got stuck in when out on loan and reaped his rewards. Delighted he's signed for another season. At 21 he's got plenty of his best years ahead of him too.

On the down side, he makes me feel old.

Excellent news, particular so in view of the likely imminent departure of ATS.

Banzo has managed the step up to the top flight very well, IMO, especially so over the past few months. He really has become the fulcrum of our midfield.

At least if someone does come in for him they will now have to part with some £.

Yup, great news, thanks Banzo!

Said it before, I think this team is a baw hair away from achieving things Thistle ain't done in more than 40 years. Hope his commitment helps spreads the beleif, stick with us and we can do some great things, amongst the rest.... 2021 is fast approaching! :thumbsup2:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I think that is a very fair point. I also think Ayr United was an ideal place for him to apply his trade, as you do want to see on-loan players still applying their trade at a highly respected club.

Also included in that spell were three ninety minute performances against SPL opposition. Stuart came back from Ayr with more experience than some of our players who didn't go out on loan,

Of the cup winning youngsters i was very surprised that Jamie Campbell and to a lesser extent Ryan MacBeth didn't kick on. Both suffered injuries at a pivotal time of their career something that I wouldn't discard as coincidental.

Excellent piece of business extending Stuart's contract. For such a young lad, playing in a very demanding position, he's turned in so many consistent games of quality.

Brilliant news. My favourite player. I honestly don't know when a player of this quality and youth, with a season behind him in the top league, last committed himself to two years at Thistle.

He must be mental.

Edited by allyo