Christie Elliot Scores V Sunderland

Camallain

Never trade luck for skill! I'd like to see Elliot improve again this year and really compete for a starting place.

I think Christie typifies what I want in a Thistle player. Plucked from a team no one knew anything of. To playing regularly in the top league in Scotland. I take hat off to the lad.

Probably one of the fittest, strongest players at the club. He's selfless, never hides.?a real team player who will give 100% no matter where the manager asks him to play.

In the last 3 years, he's been asked to play, at some point, in every position barring centre half and goal keeper.

That's why he's here. That's why the manager trusts him. That's why everyone of us should be backing him.

• Like 6

I think Christie typifies what I want in a Thistle player. Plucked from a team no one knew anything of. To playing regularly in the top league in Scotland. I take hat off to the lad.

Probably one of the fittest, strongest players at the club. He's selfless, never hides.?a real team player who will give 100% no matter where the manager asks him to play.

In the last 3 years, he's been asked to play, at some point, in every position barring centre half and goal keeper.

That's why he's here. That's why the manager trusts him. That's why everyone of us should be backing him.

spot on, PT.

I predict (and I'm prepared to be shot down here), Elliott will score a boatload this season, and we will sell him for £500,000 to £1000000, does anyone want to take a little wager

If that happens I'll wear one of those Thistle 'onsies' to every home match next season.

I find christie a very frustrating player to watch. He has super pace, attitude and fitness but....his touch is often poor and more worryingly - he makes very poor runs. He consistently cuts inside (with and without the ball). Very rarely does he make runs that allow his team mates to find a killer ball. That kind of thing should be coached into him. I can't see him being any more than a bit part player this season. Hope I am wrong.

This is all about opinions but I am much more hopeful that wee lawless will have a bigger impact this season. Thought he was magic on Wednesday; back to his best.

I find christie a very frustrating player to watch. He has super pace, attitude and fitness but....his touch is often poor and more worryingly - he makes very poor runs. He consistently cuts inside (with and without the ball). Very rarely does he make runs that allow his team mates to find a killer ball. That kind of thing should be coached into him. I can't see him being any more than a bit part player this season. Hope I am wrong.

This is all about opinions but I am much more hopeful that wee lawless will have a bigger impact this season. Thought he was magic on Wednesday; back to his best.

I don't completely agree but it's refreshing to read a constructed criticism instead of just a "he's shit" response.

To be positive these faults by an large can be rectified. Conversely you could have someone that technically does everything correct but can't do virtually nothing about being strong and fast.

• Like 1

I'd like to see him get a shot in the wing-back role. He played there a couple of times towards the end of last season and also when Keenan came off during the Sunderland game. He's always looked fairly comfortable.

I don't really see how any Thistle fan can really dislike Christie.

For a guy with minimal talent, he has eked out every last bit of it over the last few years. He's also clearly worked very hard to get ahead in other ways, by putting in a great shift every week and bulking up to become one of our fittest/strongest players.

He would have been a real fans favourite in our poorer teams over the last 10 years. It's testament to how much our team has improved, that guys like him and craigen are vilified, despite being good pro's and decent enough options.

• Like 3