Motherwell On Saturday

1 John Lambie

when asked why he played each and every game as though his life depended upon it, the legendary new york yankees' batter joe dimaggio replied: 'there is always some kid who might be seeing me for the first time; i owe him my best...'

from here on in this season, the thistle players must adopt exactly the same attitude if we are to climb the league table

and 14 proud jags stepped up to the plate...

• Like 1

aye, but who will be their scapegoat for it?

On here you can still have a scapegoat even after a good win. Can't have everyone going all positive, can we? Still need someone to decry.

So on an occasion like yesterday when the whole team plays to form and we get a result then you turn your attention to those who didn't play. I'm perhaps giving too much credit to the usual suspects when I say Higgy will escape their attention. I'm presuming even they're not that warped. So I'm predicting any one (if not all) from Muirhead, Carroll and Stevenson will get the blame for the win.

No Motherwell tracksuit from the early eighties could express how bad they were yesterday.

Its 2014 and Hamilton are contesting the Champions League slot. Motherwell battling relegation in a Lanarkshire gay dance.

h*ns, Hibs and Hearts trying to climb up again.

Thistle on the way to a trophy.

This is planet Maryhill, our time is coming.

Agree with everything but the last paragraph, who would you have taken off for Stevenson?

I would have taken Craigan off. Before SOD scored I thought Motherwell looked likely to score. Stevenson brings experience and strength to the midfield which is needed when you want to see games out. Motherwell are quite a physical side and I thought the midfield could have been overrun.

The fact Archie never put him on and choose to put Mcdaid on instead of him at the end was something I thought they would have been more discussion on here about.

• Like 1

I would have taken Craigan off. Before SOD scored I thought Motherwell looked likely to score. Stevenson brings experience and strength to the midfield which is needed when you want to see games out. Motherwell are quite a physical side and I thought the midfield could have been overrun. The fact Archie never put him on and choose to put Mcdaid on instead of him at the end was something I thought they would have been more discussion on here about.

It might have been worthy of discussion had we been beaten, but as we won and football as the media keep telling us (that is apart from Ally from Govan of course) is a results driven business noone including me gave it a second thought.

I would have taken Craigan off. Before SOD scored I thought Motherwell looked likely to score. Stevenson brings experience and strength to the midfield which is needed when you want to see games out. Motherwell are quite a physical side and I thought the midfield could have been overrun.

The fact Archie never put him on and choose to put Mcdaid on instead of him at the end was something I thought they would have been more discussion on here about.

I've watched Stevenson in about 10 games this year ( pre season friendlies included ) and he hasn't impressed me at all, think he's very one paced and he doesn't fit in to our work ethic , tracking runs , closing down .

Being down at Kilmarnock last week I thought his performance as a Captain was a disgrace as he himself had chucked it with about half an hour to go , surely you want your Captain to lead by example.

Archie did exactly the right thing yesterday and kept him on the bench , maybe he will come good if he gets fitter but at this moment most supporters have made their opinion on him fairly or unfairly.

McDaid would have got more out of a three minute spell on the pitch on a game that we'd already won, than Stevenson would.

I wouldn't read too much into that.

People forget how bad it was. As the good Lady Isobel said, if Billy Gibson's thrash at the ball hadn't gone in at Peterhead it would have been curtains for us.

But it did go in, and the story went on.

There will be more great goals and Thistle sides. This one might be the best you'll ever see.

This is not a time to argue, its a time to watch the football.

Trophy coming.........................................

Don't think its a lack of effort - its just he is not 100% fit.

Well if that's the case he can go now. As far as I know he hasn't been injured or carrying an injury. He was our 1st signing this season so he has done all the pre season training. He has played in everyone of our games bar Saturday. If he isn't fit now it doesn't say much about his application towards the club and this is coming from someone who thought he was a great signing. The difference with him out the side on Saturday was too big to be a coincidence. He was put to shame by the work ethic of Craigen and Elliot

Well if that's the case he can go now. As far as I know he hasn't been injured or carrying an injury. He was our 1st signing this season so he has done all the pre season training. He has played in everyone of our games bar Saturday. If he isn't fit now it doesn't say much about his application towards the club and this is coming from someone who thought he was a great signing. The difference with him out the side on Saturday was too big to be a coincidence. He was put to shame by the work ethic of Craigen and Elliot

Can't say I follow the Alan Murray quote about Stevenson's fitness. Think he requires to elaborate. Putting that aside, and I'm repeating myself I know, but I can't understand the need to make someone a scapegoat for a win. In my mind had Stevenson not been playing against Kilmarnock we'd still have been trounced. Same goes for other adverse results. If we continue winning and Ryan can't find a slot in the starting eleven I'll be chuffed. I won't be worried whether high earner or not he isn't playing. I certainly won't be crediting any victories to his exclusion.

I have to admit to being surprised about his form to date. I really thought Stevenson would've been more influential. Not so much on a week to week basis as he's always run hot and cold. It's more the actual amount of game time he's had where he's not been influential. I am tho' just about as surprised hearing folk talking about his lack of pace as if this is some new development.

• Like 1

Can't say I follow the Alan Murray quote about Stevenson's fitness. Think he requires to elaborate. Putting that aside, and I'm repeating myself I know, but I can't understand the need to make someone a scapegoat for a win. I certainly won't be crediting any victories to his exclusion.

I am certainly not making Ryan a scapegoat for a win, just that the side looked better balanced and quicker on the move than when he has been in the side. Without actually naming names, think Banzo is saying exactly the same in most papers today!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/bannigan-is-eager-to-play-his-part-with-thistle-and-chip-in-with-more-183272n.25508636

I am certainly not making Ryan a scapegoat for a win, just that the side looked better balanced and quicker on the move than when he has been in the side. Without actually naming names, think Banzo is saying exactly the same in most papers today!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/bannigan-is-eager-to-play-his-part-with-thistle-and-chip-in-with-more-183272n.25508636

Think this proves my point about unrest in the dressing room, certain players need dropped and others need to be given their chance, I think them said players more than proved that on Saturday.

Think this proves my point about unrest in the dressing room, certain players need dropped and others need to be given their chance, I think them said players more than proved that on Saturday.

Care to explain. Or is your use of the word "proves" in a similar vein to your use of the word "fact"? In other words reinventing our language by introducing completely subjective terminology and passing off as objective comment..

You tell us Archie doesn't have the ability to manage is a fact.

Now you're telling us that after a favourable result the most common of all management.decisions (ie dropping one player and replacing him with another) proves unrest in the dressing room.

Next you'll be telling us you were literally over the moon when we won on Saturday.

• Like 1

Pretty obvious Banzo is saying Stevenson is Shyte And shouldn't be playing, and that the ball is constantly given to Higgy with not much end product, work rate produces results not fancy crossovers and keepy ups.

Your style of journalism would go down a storm at the Daily Record. Fantasy! Keith Jackson would love you.

Care to explain. Or is your use of the word "proves" in a similar vein to your use of the word "fact"? In other words reinventing our language by introducing completely subjective terminology and passing off as objective comment..

You tell us Archie doesn't have the ability to manage is a fact.

Now you're telling us that after a favourable result the most common of all management.decisions (ie dropping one player and replacing him with another) proves unrest in the dressing room.

Next you'll be telling us you were literally over the moon when we won on Saturday.

I really struggle to wade myself through your self-righteous conversation these days, who are you the oracle of everyone's views.