Fredric Frans

The Cup

Between now and the end of the year is he going to come in and replace Conrad? Seabourne? Those two appear to have been pretty solid together. So maybe the Belgian won't actually get a game? Remember when Stevie Lennon arrived and what seemed like a decent settled team was disrupted to make sure he got played? We don't want a repeat of how that worked out!

Having said that, good luck to Frederic Frans in his time at Firhill. Would be great if he turned out to be another Santala!

I hope that Fredric can't read all the negative crap on here before he has even kicked a ball in anger.

Bonne chance Fredric or boune tchance Fredric depending on which part of Belgium you come from.

Where is the negative crap? People are just asking reasonable questions about the length of contract. If he has impressed as much as the management team are saying, why have we left ourself open to attack from other teams in January, by giving him probably the shortest contract in the clubs history. We are all jags fans on here and we are entitled to ask questions when something as bizarre as that happens. Could be that he is here for cover until Richards Everton returns in January. Other than that, I, like others on here can't understand why if he is as good as Archie and Scott say, we are only offering him an extremely short term contract. A guy of that build is exactly what we have been crying out for over the last 4/5 years so let's hope he hits the ground running and that he is here for the long term.

Could it not be possible he was only willing to accept a contract until January. We accepted because we need the cover until then and it gives him a chance to see how he fits in - he might actually want to stay (depending on how well we do and how many games he gets).

So how about just a convenient deal - we get cover we need and the possibility of maybe keeping him longer if things work out, he gets to stay fit until the next window (maybe get to show what he can do) and both sides can think things over until then.

That kind of thing must happen all the time and if it suits both sides, why not?

• Like 1

Looks like Fredric Frans played for Blackpool in pre-season friendly. A few fans on their forums were impressed by him and he was reportedly in talks to sign for Blackpool. Why that did not happen I don't know but this guy sounds promising.

We need another centre back as I have said before look at results without Seaborne playing. If he was to pick up a serious injury we suddenly become favourites to finish in the bottom two.

Putting Muirhead out on loan would also take some of the financial hit out of this deal.

Looks like Fredric Frans played for Blackpool in pre-season friendly. A few fans on their forums were impressed by him and he was reportedly in talks to sign for Blackpool. Why that did not happen I don't know but this guy sounds promising.

Over 20 players left Blackpool, including caretaker manager Barry Ferguson, at the end of last season. Jose Riga has had trouble getting the players that he wanted in. He wanted a new centre back and centre forward at the end of September. Budget could be the issue.

I notice that Charlie Miller works for the agent of Frans. Given he played with Archie at Dundee United, it would maybe explain how the whole transfer came about.

There's possibly various reasons why he's only on a three month contract. The doom and gloom to new signings on here is depressing.

• Like 2

I notice that Charlie Miller works for the agent of Frans. Given he played with Archie at Dundee United, it would maybe explain how the whole transfer came about.

There's possibly various reasons why he's only on a three month contract. The doom and gloom to new signings on here is depressing.

It's a sad day when a new signing in a key area, is being used as a stick to beat our manager and set up in this area of the club.

• Like 3

Over 20 players left Blackpool, including caretaker manager Barry Ferguson, at the end of last season. Jose Riga has had trouble getting the players that he wanted in. He wanted a new centre back and centre forward at the end of September. Budget could be the issue.

Thanks to our Blackpool correspondent for the latest down at Bloomfield Rd.

How anyone can moan in anyway about this signing is beyond me. Hopefully he'll do us a job and we get him tied up on a longer deal in January if it possible.

I was a critic of our summer dealings but I would say we are now in a positive position.

Edited by Derby Jag

My understanding is that the contractual with Lierse collapsed leaving him as a free agent. Why did he sign a two and a half month deal? Perhaps because it works for both parties. Maybe one or other or both parties have something else lined up in January ;-)

Also re Viola/Charlie Miller. Personally I am pretty happy that Archie can call on these type of guys. Football has moved on. Be great if some on the forum could too...

PS It would be good to read what a scouting network actually entails. So come on Kni. In the modern game, what is it?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

My understanding is that the contractual with Lierse collapsed leaving him as a free agent. Why did he sign a two and a half month deal? Perhaps because it works for both parties. Maybe one or other or both parties have something else lined up in January ;-)

Also re Viola/Charlie Miller. Personally I am pretty happy that Archie can call on these type of guys. Football has moved on. Be great if some on the forum could too...

PS It would be good to read what a scouting network actually entails. So come on Kni. In the modern game, what is it?

possibly the way things went with piccolo had a say in this ? Who's our tallest player without this guy out of interest

Previously on trial and close to signing with Blackpool and Leeds? That'll explain why he's only signed a short term deal with us. Bigger and better things for him in January no doubt. Could do a good job for us in the meantime though, so good luck to him even if it is only for a couple of months.

• Like 1

The length of contract would suggest to me that he's signed to put himself 'in the shop window' so to speak and to provide us with an alternative to our current CBs until Richards-Everton returns from Airdrie.

Any hopes we have of keeping him beyond that point - if he's decent - will probably depend on the failure of a more lucrative move to materialise in January and trimming of dead wood from the squad.

In any case, it's good to keep our players on their toes. We wouldn't want any of our current starting eleven to start slacking should they think their place in the side is guaranteed.

• Like 3

Not sure why the weaker areas being only addressed only now - three months after the start of the season. Bizarre comment.

You'll be telling us next that Frans and Richards-Everton were targets identified a few months ago. Then you'll claim that Stevenson is natural centre-forward with a better goal-scoring record than Doolan.

I was with you up until your last point, now that's stretching credibility too far!