Resolution To Allocate New Shares

javeajag

If the club is needing more money then it shows the current things that we can do are very important

1. Buy a season ticket.

2. Sign up for The Centenary Fund

3. Sign up for Tag - especially "Nomads"

Other simple things we can do are

1. Buy programmes, food, merchandise, Aitken Suite before and after the game.

2. Bring a friend. Get more to attend.

If you sign up for Tag Plus you can ask your very own Dedicated Director what is going on.

• Like 4

ok, let me put it another way.

Why would anyone in their right mind buy shares in Partick Thistle?

They don't represent anything or have any worth.

If you have money to burn and have bought everything you can from the club, why not just spend it on 50/50 draw tickets?

I bought shares 20 years ago as a fan why it's what fans do.... !

• Like 1

Am I missing something. Is'nt the first rule of this forum to look for the negative in any story ?

I get p*ssed off with the negativity sometimes but isn't this the kind of thing that we should get more info about? In recent years 1 club has been liquidated, another put into admin and relegated due to poor financial control so surely any talk of new people getting involved in the club should be something we should be wary of - though of course if the can be shown to genuinely have the club's interests at heart that's good but we ought to be asking questions surely?.

If the club is needing more money then it shows the current things that we can do are very important 1. Buy a season ticket. 2. Sign up for The Centenary Fund 3. Sign up for Tag - especially "Nomads" Other simple things we can do are 1. Buy programmes, food, merchandise, Aitken Suite before and after the game. 2. Bring a friend. Get more to attend.

As an (albeit emotionally invested) customer the club needs to give me reason to spend more of my money on it.

At the very least I need some transparency on how/why they need more money before I start alienating more friends by dragging them to Firhill.

If the club is needing more money then it shows the current things that we can do are very important

1. Buy a season ticket.

2. Sign up for The Centenary Fund

3. Sign up for Tag - especially "Nomads"

Other simple things we can do are

1. Buy programmes, food, merchandise, Aitken Suite before and after the game.

2. Bring a friend. Get more to attend.

Sorry - but that is a ridiculous post.

These are things that we have all been doing already, for pretty much all of our lives. If the club is in trouble (and at this stage we still don't know) the solution is not for us to simply keep propping up a system that isn't working. The financial mismanagement needs to be addressed first and foremost.

The days of supporters pouring money in to football clubs for nothing in return are well and truly over.

It's a bit of an insult to the intelligence of others for you to simply order us to spend more on the club without asking questions.

• Like 4

Generally for a club like ours these things are never a good sign.

However the accounts for last season showed a loss of only £5000 for 2013/14, so unless the board's financial predictions have gone badly wrong this season you'd assume there is no need for share capital at this time.

It could just be to introduce a new shareholder.

Some clarity would be good. I largely trust the board to do what's best for the club, but that includes letting the fans know the reasoning behind these decisions.

^^^^^ out of likes, but this is nail on head post from mr mac.

when i read lld's post last night my jaw dropped as i thought of all the thistle fans i know who do a combination or, in majority, all of these already (or have lapsed in one or more and why). i thought of the failed initiatives of bring a friend days, colours days, flag days, real scottish football launch, tag launch, one thistle .....

the current regime when they first came in i was wary and uncertain of their motives, quality, commitment to cause and club, and whether they could be good communicators and custodians and run the club not only well, but with transparency not only in their actions but also good communication and relations with the clubs supporters, no more them and us ..... the lack of vision (or consultation with fans for example ..... whatever happened to the promised quarterly meetings with fan groups ..... one hastily done, three (and counting) forgotten), and general bumbling along the board has done, has not changed my view.

yes, it may be true to argue they haven't done anything catastrophically bad in terms of putting the club into substantial debt of six figure losses for example (as far as we know, publicly, up to now), but given they have scrimped and saved with what is commonly acknowledged as lowest wages in spflp, and not even the highest when in the old spl1 (often the fourth or fifth highest when crowdwise we were better), but that is basic management and should be the least any thistle supporter should expect after what we experienced under the financial wizardry of hughes and co.

the catering and merchandise is outsourced for example, they have taken the easy route, where they don't have to work or tax their brains how to improve standards and sales and thus income to club. the basic facts (or perception) as far as my, and majority of many other thistle supporters i know and speak with about the running of the club, is the board are happy to have a "us and them" divide, to have as little transparency and communication with the fans, and to do as little as possible to keep the club running on a shoestring, with no real ambition or vision on how to grow the club or its income, and are happy to rely on the tv money, ticket sales and the fixed sum outsourced contracts. beattie and co as custodians of ptfc are a very privileged position, with their club ties, swanky plush boardroom, tartan rugs and club perks, but seem content to cosy up to and talk with the bigwigs of other clubs but not the average joe public supporters.

if the club is now in a financial hole we need to be told, and why this has come about.

if the club is not, and is seeking investment for other reasons, we need to be told, and what the vision is for this investment.

if, for example it is the weirs looking to invest in the club, we should be told, same as we should be told if there is specific other individual(s) wishing to invest in the club, and why.

it was said earlier in the thread that it's not only financial investment the fans continually make, it's emotional ..... for many of us, that is from the cradle to the grave ..... can the same be said of beattie and co, or any other person or persons who are given or seek custodianship or influence in the club and it's assets?

football is changing, it's not what it was, but in this day and age, every single supporter (of any football club) who invests so much time, money and emotion in their club should be at the very least afforded and given full transparency, lines of communication and answers on how the club is run, and especially when a bland line such as seeking "approval for a shareholder resolution giving the board the authority to issue new shares in the club" is made. to what end? for what purpose? why is it being sought now? so many questions. so little answers.

• Like 5

We need answers we need questions we need all the information on anything and everything possible under the sun and when we have all this I'm sure we will find something to support a conspiracy on something....

Meanwhile back on planet earth a football club tries to get new investment shock

email dropped into inbox from PTFC seeking approval for a shareholder resolution giving the Board the authority to issue new shares in the club

They are actively looking for new investors and there is a hint that finances are not great eg crowds are down this season

Interesting

This is what irks me. The crowds are down and that surely indicates interest in the Jags is at a low ebb. A daft time then to have a shares issue. No way I can guess what the response will be but I'm certain there would've been considerably more interest if the Club had chosen a time when spirits were on a high. Perhaps sometime between April 13 and up to six months after.

This is what irks me. The crowds are down and that surely indicates interest in the Jags is at a low ebb. A daft time then to have a shares issue. No way I can guess what the response will be but I'm certain there would've been considerably more interest if the Club had chosen a time when spirits were on a high. Perhaps sometime between April 13 and up to six months after.

I suspect this is because we have new shareholder(s) lined up

I don't think my post is ridiculous. I've not ordered anyone to do anything and I think some have misinterpreted it.

There's nothing wrong with reminding people that there are other ways to contribute to the club.

Our club is ran well. We are a small club with limited resources and a small support. For what it's worth I think we are ran in a very prudent way by the directors. Other positives, we are in the top league after an absence of 10+ years. We try to play attractive football. We have a young club legend in charge and a prospering youth setup.

There's not much glamour in a being a director in Partick Thistle. Definitely no financial reward. A thankless task from the comments you read on this board. We had 7000 supporters v Dundee Utd at the first game in the top league. Now we are getting half that. Some of them will be people I know who are fans but hardly go. For no real reason. There are a lot of positives from above. It's these guys we need to target not the board.

• Like 2

Getting relegated and being saddled with big earners like Stevenson would be pretty dangerous for us I think. Would need to bounce back straight away or end up in another black hole...

Contracts generally have a loophole that if a team is relegated then a players wage goes down. I actually think guys like Stevenson and Doolan on contracts would give us a reasonable chance of at least making the play off. One thing for certain is that if we go down no chance will we be able to sign Lyle Taylor on a permanent though

I don't think my post is ridiculous. I've not ordered anyone to do anything and I think some have misinterpreted it.

There's nothing wrong with reminding people that there are other ways to contribute to the club.

Our club is ran well. We are a small club with limited resources and a small support. For what it's worth I think we are ran in a very prudent way by the directors. Other positives, we are in the top league after an absence of 10+ years. We try to play attractive football. We have a young club legend in charge and a prospering youth setup.

There's not much glamour in a being a director in Partick Thistle. Definitely no financial reward. A thankless task from the comments you read on this board. We had 7000 supporters v Dundee Utd at the first game in the top league. Now we are getting half that. Some of them will be people I know who are fans but hardly go. For no real reason. There are a lot of positives from above. It's these guys we need to target not the board.

I thought your post was fine and the reaction to it was pretty ridiculous.