Lyle Taylor

Lindau

Glad to see that Lyle has not lost his art of missing when he only has the keeper to beat. He was soooo good at it with us. Remember Aberdeen at Firhill when he was clean through several times and still didn't manage one of them.

Note he scored 23 for Wimbledon and more or less the same for Falkirk in our second tier. Watching the standard of today's match I suppose it was comparable to our Championship. Maybe even inferior.

He might struggle in the third tier next season.

I think, realistically we would have struggled against both those teams.

And both of Barnsley and millwall, the teams that contested the league 1 play off would beat us comfortably.

Remember ATS was relegated with Doncaster, Hendrie was nowhere near the Wigan team and SOD's team were nowhere in the 4th tier.

Only Taylor has starred and he was probably our best player. However I think Banzo could cope at Championship level in England.

Glad to see that Lyle has not lost his art of missing when he only has the keeper to beat. He was soooo good at it with us. Remember Aberdeen at Firhill when he was clean through several times and still didn't manage one of them.

Note he scored 23 for Wimbledon and more or less the same for Falkirk in our second tier. Watching the standard of today's match I suppose it was comparable to our Championship. Maybe even inferior.

He might struggle in the third tier next season.

No way, the majority of teams in our league are fourth tier ( English Div 2 ) at best? Our champions would be in their Championship league.

I see Akinfenwa was released by Wimbledon after the game. I know he is 34, but I recon that he could do a job for us in softening up SPL defenders to let Dools apply the finish

Based on his performance yesterday the guy's a complete and utter bellend. To shove aside the designated penalty taker when it's only 1-0, albeit in the last couple of minutes, was completely unprofessional. Then in his interview it was all about getting himself a new club rather than about Wimbledon. Guy's obviously got an ego as big as his waistline. Can completely understand why Wimbledon have decided to bin him.

Don't know if I see it Sandbank Boy's way that we would struggle against fourth tier sides down south. Remember we drew with Wigan pre season and they won the third tier and we also drew with Rotherham at the same time and we didn't look out of place there and they are in the second tier.

Sooo I think we would put up a decent show in the third tier, particularly with the extra finance we would have.

I thought the Wimbledon match was a poor standard. They seem to go for big guys then punt it up front for runners to chase. We've had a few teams play like that up here in the recent past; Killie and County spring to mind and Dundee United at times as well.

All conjecture but an interesting slant.

Bayo would probably be more effective than Pogba. He's proved he can play at a decent level. I'd take him.

if the big lad is not a team player and is more interested in his own ego then I hope he doesn't get near Partick Thistle as a player, last thing we need is someone think they are better than everyone else and upsetting a good team spirit
  • Like 1

Don't know if I see it Sandbank Boy's way that we would struggle against fourth tier sides down south. Remember we drew with Wigan pre season and they won the third tier and we also drew with Rotherham at the same time and we didn't look out of place there and they are in the second tier.

Sooo I think we would put up a decent show in the third tier, particularly with the extra finance we would have.

I thought the Wimbledon match was a poor standard. They seem to go for big guys then punt it up front for runners to chase. We've had a few teams play like that up here in the recent past; Killie and County spring to mind and Dundee United at times as well.

All conjecture but an interesting slant.

Agreed! I don't think we would struggle in league 2 but that is definitely our level.

if the big lad is not a team player and is more interested in his own ego then I hope he doesn't get near Partick Thistle as a player, last thing we need is someone think they are better than everyone else and upsetting a good team spirit

What are you basing that on? Are you in the Wimbledon dressing room every week? Do you train with him?

Based on his performance yesterday the guy's a complete and utter bellend. To shove aside the designated penalty taker when it's only 1-0, albeit in the last couple of minutes, was completely unprofessional. Then in his interview it was all about getting himself a new club rather than about Wimbledon. Guy's obviously got an ego as big as his waistline. Can completely understand why Wimbledon have decided to bin him.

It was his last game for the club and it was deep in to injury time. It was a flawless penalty kick. How that makes him a bell end I do not know.

• Like 2

It was his last game for the club and it was deep in to injury time. It was a flawless penalty kick. How that makes him a bell end I do not know.

I agree Ian. Speak to the Dons fans and they regard him as a bit of a talisman. Football needs characters like The Beast, we had Chic.

• Like 1

What are you basing that on? Are you in the Wimbledon dressing room every week? Do you train with him?

nope which if you read what I said is exactly why I used the word IF. Just as you don't know either since you haven't trained with him or sat in the Wimbledon dressing room.

Il go with what Archie decides though Archie did seem to indicate he primarily tries to sign players in the 19-25 age group so would not be surprised if we don't sign him