Lyle Taylor

Lindau

I like Taylor but his one on ones ratio are poor, are u also forgetting the st mirren game where he blazed it over the bar? Cracking striker for us but I think we are his level. Just hope we can afford him.

2 points, Kenny. I made my post on 13th April. The STM game wasn't until May.

2nd point. I didn't say he was good at one on ones. I was responding to the statement that he always did the same thing.

I might be reading this wrong but everyday i pick my workmate up who stays in the houses facing firhill and tuesday Wednesday and thursday lyles car was outside the ground. Obviously there's lots of reasons a player would be at the stadium but it would suggest to me the big man could perhaps be having discussions with the club. Heres hoping as i think a full season with the jags and we would really see the best of him.

I might be reading this wrong but everyday i pick my workmate up who stays in the houses facing firhill and tuesday Wednesday and thursday lyles car was outside the ground. Obviously there's lots of reasons a player would be at the stadium but it would suggest to me the big man could perhaps be having discussions with the club. Heres hoping as i think a full season with the jags and we would really see the best of him.

Hope so Andy. Agree totally re a full season at the club. It can't be easy coming to a club half way through the season. Pretty sure he would bag 10/15 goals a season if he was here for the full season

Hope so Andy. Agree totally re a full season at the club. It can't be easy coming to a club half way through the season. Pretty sure he would bag 10/15 goals a season if he was here for the full season

He'd better or he wouldn't be worth the money.

Honest question - has he scored a game changing/winning goal this season?

For the avoidance of any doubt - that question does not imply that Lyle Taylor is a bad player.

I'd love to see the guy at Firhill next season but I honestly can't see it.

1- Scunthorpe will likely be looking for some sort of fee. Even if it is nominal, are we in the position financially to do it?

2- Even if we agree a fee, wages may be a stumbling block. He'll earn/be earning a great deal more down South than we could pay him.

3- Higginbotham. If he's away, which is looking increasingly likely, then can't imagine Taylor coming.

For the avoidance of any doubt - that question does not imply that Lyle Taylor is a bad player.

Both goals in a massive 2-0 home win against one of the teams who looked like they could be cacthing us?

He scored both goals in the most important match of our season.

Apart from that I'd say he's been pretty average since coming back, but I've seen enough of him to know that I'd like to see him as a fully signed up Thistle player.

Lyle Taylor is worth whatever we have to give him. He's the best striker in the bottom six at the minute, and his overall build up play and the way he moves off the ball is an absolute joy to watch even if some of his finishing is a bit dodgy at times. The goals v Motherwell and the assist's v Inverness or Dundee United perfectly illustrate to me what Taylor is all about and why it's so important that we get him signed up, if at all possible. Osman was the biggest target to get this summer, now let's move on to number 2 target IMO and get Taylor.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

While I think Taylor should now be our number one target, I hope the management team have feelers out for alternatives. The situation with Taylor is anything but clear (it depends on people at another club for a start) so I'd hope we have both alternatives in view and a time limit on how long we will pursue Taylor: we had the situation last season trying to get him in and in the end starting with a forward short.

On the rest of the team I think Craigen (despite Hibs rumours) will sign and I think we've a very good chance of signing Lawless. We should try to get these done quick and then present (if we haven't already) deals to the other out of contract players: Taylor, Higgs, ODonnell, Balatoni. Our problem isn't that we've got so many players out of contract (we've got 9 signed up) but that some of them are key players.

I don't expect all to re-sign but hopefully enough of them will to make it easier to find replacements quickly. One or two good players can be replaced much more easily than four or five.

The big man is unbelievably good when it comes to physicality. Sometimes when he wins the ball on the half way line that he has absolutely no right to. He gives centre halves an absolute hell of a time and they must hate him. But his final ball and his finishing leave a lot to be desired, surely no one can dispute that? He has virtually no composure in front of goal, his miss against Hamilton was a howler of epic proportions and the 2 at Pittodrie were nearly as bad. Had Elliot or Craigen missed any of those certain people on here would have burst at the seems with anger.

So let's not get carried away, he is not the complete player by any means. I hope we sign him, I really do. But if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

The big man is unbelievably good when it comes to physicality. Sometimes when he wins the ball on the half way line that he has absolutely no right to. He gives centre halves an absolute hell of a time and they must hate him. But his final ball and his finishing leave a lot to be desired, surely no one can dispute that? He has virtually no composure in front of goal, his miss against Hamilton was a howler of epic proportions and the 2 at Pittodrie were nearly as bad. Had Elliot or Craigen missed any of those certain people on here would have burst at the seems with anger.

So let's not get carried away, he is not the complete player by any means. I hope we sign him, I really do. But if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

Unpopular I would think but true .... His chances to goal ratio is average at best

• 1 month later...

I don't think there is any chance of us signing Lyle Taylor. We simply don't have the money.

A real shame as he seemed to enjoy his two short spells with us and haven't heard anyone saying they wouldn't want him at Firhill.

• Like 1

I think we are all putting far too much emphasis on signing him. If we get him then great, but I worry that so many people on here have now got their whole attitude towards next season pegged on whether we sign one player or not. I've said this before, the guy is a good player and I hope we get him, but if I had to pick one player to be through on goal with just the keeper to beat, Taylor would be well down my list. If we don't get him then I'm sure Archie has alternatives that he's looking at. The manager has earned the right to be trusted in the transfer window so why don't we just let him get on with it rather than getting irrationally obsessed with one player.

• Like 1

c

I think we are all putting far too much emphasis on signing him. If we get him then great, but I worry that so many people on here have now got their whole attitude towards next season pegged on whether we sign one player or not. I've said this before, the guy is a good player and I hope we get him, but if I had to pick one player to be through on goal with just the keeper to beat, Taylor would be well down my list. If we don't get him then I'm sure Archie has alternatives that he's looking at. The manager has earned the right to be trusted in the transfer window so why don't we just let him get on with it rather than getting irrationally obsessed with one player.

totally agree; if we lose out on taylor it would be a pity but i feel it is more important to persuade the likes of stuart bannigan, abdul osman, frederic frans etc., to sign contract extensions. i have no doubt we will lose stuart sooner rather than later but if he is on a longer contract then at least we would have the compensation of a transfer fee plus an add-on for any future deals. i do not like these one-year-deals we seem content to offer.