2015/16 Season Transfer Thread

Due to the relatively little amount of game time he got at St Johnstone I doubt McFadden will be any fitter now than he was when he signed on at McDiarmid. Year older too. Looked like he spent most of his playing time arguing with referees.

If he had been truly committed to regaining his form and fitness or it was feasible then he'd have offered to play for us for zilch from October to January. And even if he did Archie wasn't interested. Shame all the same.

There isn't any rumour or anything, so I'm just throwing it out there. But what about James McFadden? A free agent, has trained with us in the past, and could fill one of our wide slots.

Might have been worth a punt if our finances had been OK but we can't afford to take risks.

At first, I thought SOD had sold himself a bit short by moving to Luton but it could be quite a shrewd move. He'll be more than capable of handling that level and will be earning decent money. A good performing season this year and he might earn himself a more lucrative move in the near future.

Either way, it's refreshing to see a player take a bit of punt and go down a different route. He could have easily taken similar money and stayed in Scotland but good on him. Won't be surprised to see a bigger team part with cash for him in the next year or two.

Edited by Armand2

Danny Wilson opts to stay in the Championship I see. 3 year deal with Rangers!

A three year deal with a club that may not last one year! Any other club and the football authorities would be demanding bonds to prove they could meet their commitments for the coming season.

That was my first thought anyway but I guess Ashley looks like winning and will provide enough funds to keep them ticking over. Considering the abuse he's got, I don't think he's going to be financing Champions league football any time soon, though.

Edited by Mr Bunny

The Dean Shiels rumour has started again in some places. Think he's well past it by now.

He's only just turned 30. I think it's difficult to judge him playing for a poor team. I don't know if he's the type of player we need though.

I can't see us being able to pay his wages anyway.

Seemingly Hibs are wanting Dylan McGeough on loan again but Celtic don't want to loan and are asking for a fee.

The Dean Shiels rumour has started again in some places. Think he's well past it by now.

Would imagine if Shiels signed, that would be the interest ended in Lyle. No way would we be signing both. Would rather have Taylor, by the proverbial country mile!!

Would imagine if Shiels signed, that would be the interest ended in Lyle. No way would we be signing both. Would rather have Taylor, by the proverbial country mile!!

Motherwell supporting mate says they are currently trying to sign Lyle Taylor

Someone on pie and b said we had signed on loan an 18 year old from bolton named Steph currie

Motherwell supporting mate says they are currently trying to sign Lyle Taylor

Someone on pie and b said we had signed on loan an 18 year old from bolton named Steph currie

The "Steph Currie" thing was a pisstake. He plays for the NBA team Wilkins has an investment in.