Club Statement

Jag

incidentally, thinking out loud, anyone think that come full time, the eastenders will be held back for ten minutes to allow all jags supporters to vacate the area, and thus avoid coming into contact with any of them?

think of it, four thousand thistle supporters exiting ns and ms, walking out onto firhill road, and have to pass the bottom of the jhs hill walkway or top end where exit behind ns from jhs..... that's a possible recipe for trouble, so fingers crossed mr beattie has spoken with the police already before announcing this move, and got their assurance that away support would be held back from exiting the jhs until area clear of jags fans (and if he hasn't, now he is reading this forum and post, pick up the phone now mr beattie to arrange this).

i wouldn't even complain if the police locked the gates either side of the jhs before fulltime then went for their dinner after the game and forgot to unlock the gates before they go.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

Being an NS ST holder have no issues either, it wasn't ideal to have to move last season, but it was a lot better than permanently being in the Main Stand.

I'm actually really looking forward to the NS being hopefully filled to capacity and more noise than usual.

• Like 1

They had the full NS (2014) plus 2500 of the JHS........... and failed to fill their allocation.

The strange thing is when you go on our ticketting site there are only 1891 tickets available for the JHS for the game with Killie, the other 4508 are sold

That might include season tickets as well? None the less with Killie expected to bring a big support we could be looking at highest attendance of the season tomorrow.

Anything above 6000 would be a great boost

That might include season tickets as well? None the less with Killie expected to bring a big support we could be looking at highest attendance of the season tomorrow.

Anything above 6000 would be a great boost

Only if Killie have the JHS, according to the ticket site we have the JHS & NS as usual, I think it's more a problem with the site than our home crowd swelling can't see us pre selling (including STs) over 4000 tickets for the JHS alone

1800 JHS

600 NS

I am yet to see the logic in giving Celtic fans all of the JHS - other than the financial benefit??

We want to increase the amount of tickets we give them, without upsetting the majority / causing as little inconvenience to the "majority" of our fans?

Surely we should be giving them the MS, NS & 2000 seats in the JHS - approx. 6000 seats...

if we have 4000 seats in the JHS that should more that cover our average home attendance - make it a two game package if anyone is concerned about missing out.

I appreciate the guys that go to the NS have fought hard last season to try and make the board keep the NS red & yellow, but I for one don’t want to be sitting in the main stand with restricted views in "our" stadium when we have a perfectly logical alternative.

I no longer buy into the arguement that the MS is a fire hazard because the Celtic fans set of flares - search them, ban them, shout and scream about it, don’t just roll over and say here’s the keys, keep the score down, switch the lights off when your done...

Would the NS guys be too concerned if they had a section of the JHS for them to occupy – a block of say 500 / 600 right on the border of the home / away fans – think of the atmosphere then?

One thing I do agree with is talking about it before season tickets go on sale and possibly having time to consider all logical options without upsetting the “majority” of our fan base...

I am a season ticket holder in the JHS and have no issue with moving to main stand or North stand for probably two games next season. I see the logic of having all the Celtic fans in one area easily segregated from our fans for both entry and exit.

As far as restricted view is concerned, it is unlikely that there will be enough jags fans in the main stand to make that necessary.

Sometimes a restricted view is a good thing against Celtic - wish mine had been more restricted at the league cup game!

One thing that does annoy me about this is Celtic charge Jags fan £26 each for a sh1ty corner seat at Parkheard with a crummy view yet we give them the best seats with the best view when they come to Firhill.

easy solution.

charge them £27 for jhs.

issue two ptfc st options .....

season ticket excluding arse cheek(s) game(s) = x

season ticket including arse cheek(s) game(s) = x + £10

patg ptfc supporters can gain entry to arse cheek game for £10 by producing three recent home game tickets, or offer two game package of arse cheek + 1 other game before or after arse cheek game for £30.

that way every thistle supporter wins and gets a good deal, and club coffers swelled more.

eta: get patg for non arse cheek games back to £20 or less mr beattie.

ta :thumbsup:

Edited by yoda-jag

Agree with everything you say Yoda but I'd also like to be able have a decent seat and view at Parkhead when we play there. It's not as if they sell out the rest of the ground to home fans. I didn't go last time due to the dear price and crap seat.

I inhabit the JHS and would rather I had to move than the North Stand.

On another matter, I attend games with my two boys, who are both quite young. This season I paid £25 each to reserve a seat. My season ticket outlay, therefore, is quite a lot. I chose to do this so that they became familiar with their surroundings and can go to the loo and find their way back. I will be interested to see season ticket pricing for next season as I am not sure I can justify this expense again particularly as we have other weekend commitments which limit the number of games we can attend. If I cannot reserve a seat for them free this time I may not bother getting a season ticket.

One thing that does annoy me about this is Celtic charge Jags fan £26 each for a sh1ty corner seat at Parkheard with a crummy view yet we give them the best seats with the best view when they come to Firhill.

We can't help it as our ground has better views than Parkhead. It's just inevitable. We sound and smell better too.

• Like 1

Not seen it mentioned but I hope the club are gonna put a pool of cash aside for repair and maintenance of the JHS. Not a chance that your average 45 year old East End tracksuit wearing Neanderthal is gonna be able to leave the stadium without damaging something. I'd say we should allow for £20,000 per game for damages/clean up.

We perhaps need to press pause here while others are selling my seat out from underneath me. I have had a Season Ticket since 1995, making next season my twentieth consecutive year. For the majority of those years I have sat in the same seat, Row S Seat 96. I went from there to buy the ticket for the return leg for That-Night-At Tannadice. I went from that seat to buy the ticket for that Day-At-Peterhead. I sat there through the Bunnet Years and visits from the mighty Queens Park and Cowdenbeath. I sit there with Jim and Derek and Chic and the rest of the guys whom I see on average once a fortnight because this is where we meet. Emotional attachment barely scratches at the surface.

Yes there is a problem. It’s probably more sophisticated than the one being described by the Chairman. According to official attendances the average this year is a shade over 3530. Lasts season it was just over 5003. Hidden in there are a few interesting side stories such as two games against Aberdeen lasts season yielded a total of 10747 (average 5373). This season one visit yielded 4145, a significant decrease and a loss of more than 6000 in terms o f overall crowd. The visits of Dundee Utd similarly produced a total crowd of 11570 (average 5785) over two games in season 13/14. This season brought only one game with a crowd of 3761, a loss of more than 7000 gate receipts. I wont bore you with comparisons between the visits of Hearts and HIbs last season compared with Hamilton and Dundee. These figures are in the public domain and you can look them up. They tell their own story.

The solution is it seems to advantage the followers of Glasgow Celtic and to disadvantage the season ticket holders of the Jackie Husband Stand (JHS). Perhaps we need to be careful about this. In season 2013/14 Glasgow Celtic games at Firhill attracted 15527 (average7763). The one game this season where Glasgow Celtic were the visiting team saw a crowd on only 5776. It’s unbelievable that all 2000 of these missing fans were season ticket holders of the JHS. Yet the Chairman, perhaps unwisely, quotes “only 62% of season ticket holders came to the game and only 46% of the JHS capacity was in use”. The conjunction of these two stats is quite clear but I’ll highlite them just so you get the message.

I can, however, ramble on but it will make no immediate difference. Partick Thistle are not “now asking our Jackie Husband season holders to relocate”. It is a “not a decision that we have taken lightly”. It is a decision that has been taken. Period. No consultation. You’re gone.

So what’s in it for me?

Do I get a guarantee that I will be offered some sort of compromise Season ticket arrangement (buy one without the Celtic / Rangers option built in). There is no offer currently on the table. Given what was said about consultation in the previous paragraph I am not holding my breathe on that either. Perhaps some sort of reduction in cost of season tickets for my inconvenience? Still breathing. Given the signs already in the public domain vis-a-vis the preseason friendlies (“Ticket details for the match will be announced as soon as they have been confirmed = we will tell you how much you are paying when we’ve worked out what we can skin you for.)

How about I get my pick of the seats in the North Stand as the price of my willingness to support the cause. I can probably hear my fellow Jags fans revving up their chorus of NIMBY. What about a guarantee that Jim and Derek and Chic and me and all the rest of the regulars in Row S can be seated automatically together in the Main Stand on these occasions? How difficult can that be? The answer I already anticipate is "too difficult".

So what’s in it for me?

Apparently, as of tomorrow, a lot of discount opportunities. Except that I don’t stay in Kirkcaldy or Crieff . I don’t need windows or an alarm and I can already get 25% off my pizza with my half time draw ticket. So apparently for me it’s a clacker.

I am well prepared for the boo-boys and girls who will hurl the “for the good of the club” stuff at me. To them I simply ask what will you be contributing? (North Stand fans please see above)

And if the fates should be kind there is a scenario that would see JHS Season Ticket holders relocated for as many as four games next season. That’s more than 20% of the number of home games. For one-fifth of the season we would effectively be the away support in our own stadium.

Pause for thought indeed as the Season Ticket renewals fall through our letterboxes over the next few weeks.
  • Like 7

Season ticket holder for 32 years. Seat bought in JH before construction. As much as I don't lime the idea of the ugly sisters In our home stand, I fully understand the reasons behind it. People are asking for non of season tickets - but is that not going to cut revenue for the club, and how do you implement that with the split? Personally I think the season ticket holders lounge in the jh was initially great, but the the police got involved and closed it earlier every season until it was closing at 230 (do the old firms lounges close at the same time?)I still think summer football's the best option for the Scottish game for maximizing tv income and providing a better fan experience.