Scott Fox

Jagsman

The Record piece doesn't give off a Billy big time vibe, but his interview with The Sun did. It's behind a paywall so no point in linking it, but it's there where he says "Partick Thistle's fanbase is limited" and "I want to play in big games in front of big crowds" while all the time giving the impression that he's Scotland class and we're stifling his ambitions.

The Record piece doesn't give off a Billy big time vibe, but his interview with The Sun did. It's behind a paywall so no point in linking it, but it's there where he says "Partick Thistle's fanbase is limited" and "I want to play in big games in front of big crowds" while all the time giving the impression that he's Scotland class and we're stifling his ambitions.

It didn't stop Roughie.

Scott played his part in getting us promoted and in keeping us up so he goes with my thanks, but as has been said he was talking rubbish in the papers and poor choice

Agreed TL. Why on earth did he come out in the papers and say he wanted to leave because we had a limited fan base and he wanted to get back into the Scotland squad. His fan base comments are ludicrous given he has joined Dross County and to my knowledge, Strachan doesn't do visits to Dingwall! He has been made to look rather stupid. He has been a good servant, but can't help but think that he is going to get pelters from the North Stand next season and in the stand behind the goals at Dingwall when we play up there. Craigan, Balatoni and SOD have all left with their reputations in tact, maybe even enhanced, sadly same can't be said for Fox!

Agreed TL. Why on earth did he come out in the papers and say he wanted to leave because we had a limited fan base and he wanted to get back into the Scotland squad. His fan base comments are ludicrous given he has joined Dross County and to my knowledge, Strachan doesn't do visits to Dingwall! He has been made to look rather stupid. He has been a good servant, but can't help but think that he is going to get pelters from the North Stand next season and in the stand behind the goals at Dingwall when we play up there. Craigan, Balatoni and SOD have all left with their reputations in tact, maybe even enhanced, sadly same can't be said for Fox!

"Scotland, Scotland's number...... eh, whit's that again?"

First thing Scott Fox should do is sack his agent if that was the best deal they could come up with, no doubt Scott will have a few extra pounds in his pocket and probably cheap digs but it is a sideway step if even that.

An agent with any kudos would have been able to say , this is a goalkeeper at a good age 27 years old played over 100 games for Partick Thistle , been called up for the National Team and has probably got the best years of his career in front of him, I'm sure there would have been more interest than Ross County with a CV like that.

Think there should have been more to come from Scott Fox as I think he had the ability to improve , whether that will happen I'm not so sure, at best badly advised.

I understand that County have agreed terms with Brian Graham (is it?) that sees them paying the same as St. Johnstone - £1600 a week. Saints wanted to cut his wage to £800.

If Foxy is getting that sort of amount a week then that would be a big uplift on what he was getting with us, I guess.

Not a huge loss - in my opinion, Paul Gallacher is a better keeper, although I'm not suggesting we go with Gal next year, prob need to look at replacing him.

100+ games for Foxy, his initial few months under Ian McCall I thought we had a star, but since then I can't remember coming away from games thinking we would've lost that if it wasnt for Foxy. Would love to know in how many of those games he's been voted motm for example. Too many shots go right through him, doesn't command his box, and has been dropped several times in the past few seasons for a 35 year old who would rather be a coach. Could be nostalgia, but I remember being a kid and week after week Nicky Walker and Craig Nelson keeping us games almost single handedly.

The "he's a good shot stopper" comments - it's like commending a taxi driver for owning a driving license, it's the minimum entry level to profesional goalkeeping. It's all the other bits that decide if they make a good keeper.

Next time he's runnin up toward the Northy he's fckin gettin it, title winner or no title winner.

• Like 1

Christ, we're a sensitive bunch us Thistle fans... I will be in the Northy next season and I'll applaud Foxy for being a great servant of the club and playing his part in the best ever Jags squad I've ever seen. Ok some of his words prior to leaving could have been thought through a bit more but the guy seems to be taking a lot more abuse on here than he deserves.

Not a huge loss - in my opinion, Paul Gallacher is a better keeper, although I'm not suggesting we go with Gal next year, prob need to look at replacing him.

100+ games for Foxy, his initial few months under Ian McCall I thought we had a star, but since then I can't remember coming away from games thinking we would've lost that if it wasnt for Foxy. Would love to know in how many of those games he's been voted motm for example. Too many shots go right through him, doesn't command his box, and has been dropped several times in the past few seasons for a 35 year old who would rather be a coach. Could be nostalgia, but I remember being a kid and week after week Nicky Walker and Craig Nelson keeping us games almost single handedly.

The "he's a good shot stopper" comments - it's like commending a taxi driver for owning a driving license, it's the minimum entry level to profesional goalkeeping. It's all the other bits that decide if they make a good keeper.

Next time he's runnin up toward the Northy he's fckin gettin it, title winner or no title winner.

:D:happy2:

Christ, we're a sensitive bunch us Thistle fans... I will be in the Northy next season and I'll applaud Foxy for being a great servant of the club and playing his part in the best ever Jags squad I've ever seen. Ok some of his words prior to leaving could have been thought through a bit more but the guy seems to be taking a lot more abuse on here than he deserves.

Nah.

• Like 1