Jack Hendry

Probably anything from 10-20% of any future transfer fee, maybe more, once he plays a certain amount of 1st team games....maybe even Scotland caps! Only conjecture, mind you!

Think we're getting a bit carried away about Jack Henry, think he's played 4 times in the first team. Granted he's looked the part but Wigan are paying money for potential not for a player who is the finished article. Really hope he makes it , not even sure moving just now is best for his development, maybe playing first team games would have been a better option.

Just glad we've eventually got a fee for a player .

a) We probably couldn't afford him (Jack's wages won't have been the highest)

b)He wouldn't want to be 4th choice

Well we need to get someone in, with Dangerous Danny's injury record. Balatoni would be ideal. Knows the place inside out and was well liked by the fans. Could do a lot worse!

Must admit I'm surprised at the whole thing. A player we signed for nothing as far as I know, and who hadn't really been near the first team until the end of last season. Has he been that good in the few games he's played to attract this attention? Or has there been some buzz around him before he made the first team?

Doesn't seem to be equivalent interest in Lindsay, yet he's more established, same age, and he's been picked ahead of him. Just caught someone's eye?

Edited by allyo

Must admit I'm surprised at the whole thing. A player we signed for nothing as far as I know, and who hadn't really been near the first team until the end of last season. Has he been that good in the few games he's played to attract this attention? Or has there been some buzz around him before he made the first team?

Doesn't seem to be equivalent interest in Lindsay, yet he's more established, same age, and he's been picked ahead of him. Just caught someone's eye?

Played v Wigan pre season?

What we need, either in defence or midfield is an organiser, a proper leader, someone to rally the troops when we are down, a Rowser or even a Hugh Murray (who was a great influence in the dressing room if not on always on the park). It has been commented elsewhere that Hendry was the one doing this at the weekend.

• Like 2