Partick Thistle Vs Hamilton Academical. Saturday 24 October.

jagfox

I think it was a rather poor performance all round; too many players off their or just dire. Edwards first couple of touches were poor and that set the standard. Not sure if Hamilton stifled our normal but we were ineffective all over the place with little cohesion in our play. No pass marks today. Welsh in particular needs time on the sidelines.

Not a bad result all things considered. Key players missing, 7 points from 9, Inverness lost.

Not a bad result simply because if they had 11 men we would have lost. Accies first to the majority of every ball even at 10 me. There players supported each other throughout the game and never gave up, plus their fitness levels even at 10 men looked far superior to ours. As for key men being out their best player Crawford was out.

I'm glad their player got sent off as even if Amoo had ran through far from convinced he would have scared.

Also playing Muirhead is a lottery he will be back at the bottom team in a few months time who's to say at present he is really going to try his hardest.

• Like 1

Well that was piss poor against 10 men for 45 minutes. Never at any time looked like winning the game and at the end I was happy with a point as Hamilton looked the better side with 10 men. Gonna give Hamilton plenty of credit as they try to play football at all times and it looked like it was us with the ten men in the 2nd half. The sponsors got it right giving Dan and Calum the MOTM awards, they were streets ahead of everyone else, especially Dan. Not sure what happened at the goal as we were up the NS but Imrie had acres of space. I was sure Scully was gonna haul him down and we would have been left with an outfield player in goals. I would have bitten your arm off for 7/9 in our last 3 games, but no denying that we pissed 2 points down the drain today. Disappointing to say the least! Hoping Tomas isn't too badly injured. Scully proved he is a good shot stopper with a couple of good saves, but is still a bit of a bombscare at cross balls as was witnessed right at the start of the second half

Edited by Lindau

A point is OK. Apart from the start of the 2nd half to when Pogba scored we were 2nd best today.

Too many players were having off days. Amoo, Welsh, Lawless and Edwards were all poor.

Part of me is disappointed we didn't press on and look for another goal rather than sit in.

Awful would sum that up.

4 defenders, 2 holding mids and 1 up top against 10 men.

Sideways passing very easy for Hamilton to stop.

They deserved to win on 2nd half alone. Pretty rough team helped by a shocking ref.

Imrie showed guts and attitude not one of our players did.

Grim stuff all round but special mention to Lawless who must have aimlessly punted it to nobody at least 5 times.

• Like 1

Scully - Looked nervous and I think may have hesitated in coming out to close down Imrie for their goal.

Booth - Decent. Probably my MOTM. Always looking to get forward and uses the ball well.

Dumaya - Decent. Bit quieter and his link-up with Amoo wasn't really happening but still always looked for the ball.

Lyndsay - Solid enough. Distribution could use some work.

Seabo - Good in the air and had a decent enough game.

Amoo - Not good enough. Apparently has pace but I've seen him use it much. Was let down by his control and decision making today.

Lawless - Poor game today. When 1-0 up against 10 men we should be looking to pass the ball through them not aimlessly punt it up the pitch.

Banzo - Struggled today but at least looked interested.

Welsh - Didn't even look interested. Lost the ball countless number of times. Lacks the leadership qualities he seemed to have when we won the league and his body language today pissed me off. He's supposed to be captain but you'd never have known.

Edwards - Awful.

Pogba - Aside from the tap in goal looked slow and cumbersome.

Overall the decision to play what looked like mostly long balls up front when a goal up against 10 men cost us the 3 points.

Terrible team performance today...

Awful would sum that up.

4 defenders, 2 holding mids and 1 up top against 10 men.

Sideways passing very easy for Hamilton to stop.

They deserved to win on 2nd half alone. Pretty rough team helped by a shocking ref.

Imrie showed guts and attitude not one of our players did.

Grim stuff all round but special mention to Lawless who must have aimlessly punted it to nobody at least 5 times.

Summed it up perfectly accies are not a great team but their guts, fight, energy levels and never say die attitude was excellent

Also playing Muirhead is a lottery he will be back at the bottom team in a few months time who's to say at present he is really going to try his hardest.

Can't agree with that. He is our player until January and I personally thought he tried more in the period he was on, than quite a few others. I know it was his first full game but I was more disappointed in Edwards. Thought he was really, really, poor

• Like 1

Can't agree with that. He is our player until January and I personally thought he tried more in the period he was on, than quite a few others. I know it was his first full game but I was more disappointed in Edwards. Thought he was really, really, poor

I think Muirhead is a very good player just concerned about the fact he's only here for a short time from our relegation rivals

In fact if there is any chance we can get Muirhead on a permanent then I would take it

Edited by Third Lanark

That was appalling from the first whistle today. Hardly created a thing and if it wasn't for the red card it could have been a defeat. Good to see Pogba score but in all truth he really has the mobility of a glacier. Big Dan was again the best player on the park, defence was pretty good again. Sean Welsh contributed more when he was out for 2 seasons than he is at the moment, absolutely abysmal again and needs swiftly dropped. Good to see Scully settle into the game and he made a couple of really good saves. Would have definitely taken 7 from 9 but we should be winning from 1-0 with a man advantage.

Midfield was second to everything all day. Our crossing was abysmal too. Some very under par performances all round, Seemed to be a real lack of strength and aggression the whole match from us. No real balance in the midfield all day. The injury to limited our sub options as well.

Amoo was so frustrating when he got the ball in good positions by nearly always taking an unneeded extra touch. We needed to do things better and at a far higher tempo and couldn't,

Hamilton were the better team for the majority of the game and we didn't seem to be able to change things. Missed Abdul BIG tIme.

A lot of old problems resurfacing today .

Also the footrace between Canning and Pogba was the slowest thing ive ever seen on a football pitch.

It's a pretty tough competition today to be our worst player but Edwards won it

He was pish but he's 21, it was his first start in a Premiership game and he was playing reserve football before us.

Welsh has no excuse for today. He's the club captain, he's been here for 3 seasons and he was just as bad.

Have to agree about Sean Welsh.

His inclusion had disrupted the reasonably successful midfield we had last year and his contribution had now reduced to almost nil. The number of stay passes from him today was ridiculous.

He really needs to be dropped to see if we can reestablish a solid midfield.

Hamilton didn't look a particularly good side, they were without their best player, they played half the game with 10 men but they comfortably earned a draw without their keeper having to make a save in the entire game. A draw was as much as we deserved but that was a poor result when a win would have taken us out of the play off spot and in touch with five other sides in the middle of the League.

I haven't been that impressed with Amoo or Pogba previously and they were both very poor today Amoo was sent clear with only the keeper to beat but chose to turn back behind the defenders and had his shot blocked. Moves broke down with him regularly and there were groans when he cut back again when put clear on the left only for his cross to be bundled into the net by our big lump of wood.

Edwards had some nervy early touches and was disappointing and I haven't seen much from Muirhead yet. Bannigan & Welsh didn't ever get a grip of the game in midfield and Sean made some daft passes to nobody. We had to put on Scully for Cerny but otherwise Fraser and Stevenson would have been good options to come on - there were 4 or 5 candidates for being hooked.

Booth was about the only player who showed pace and drive and Big Dan defended well but has an uncanny ability to find an opposition player with clearances.

Not many positives - that was the poorest I have seen us play this season.

• Like 2

That was utter rubbish, one of the lowest standard of premier games i have ever seen. How archie left amoo on for 90 mins i dont know.

He played well last week 1st half but rank rotten today and i would have subbed him after 30 mins.

Hate to say it but imrie was best player on the park by miles.

Only pass marks to back 4. Midfield should be ashamed.

• Like 1

Pretty rotten all round today. We played as if the team had just met each other ten minutes before kick off. Dolan looked good as soon as he came on and his shot was so close. Lots of energy from Doolz, clever movement and a quick understanding of what's happening around him. Pogba just isn't doing it for me, I'm afraid, and I'd like to see Doolz starting next week. There were bits of some nice linking up and movement when we stopped ******* punting endless balls up the park. I really don't know why persist with this big hoofing up the park at a big target man.

Hamilton were there for the Beating but we weren't at the Races,was surprised to see Edwards on the left,tried him there in the Development game and it didn't work,looks a better player when on the Rightside where he ended up,why did we start him on the left?.Pogba was alright but Kris should have come on as soon as Caninng appeared,he is slow and cumbersome,points given away today.