The Silence Of The Stands

topcat

North that is.

As a Nomad I don,t get to many games and was in the Jackie the day with mates.

As I have seen on few visits of late the silence coming out of the North (SINGING) Stand is deafing, What has happened guys.

The football on display can,t be an excuse as that is what you are supposed to make the rest of us forget.

In the Jackie McNamara season you lot never shut up and it was wonderful.

Plaese please plaese find your voice again.

Sorry today I tried to start a 'Can you hear the North Stand sing' song today and a few round me joined in.

Cmon Jags

Edited by topcat

Not wanting to create any division between the fans, and I appreciate that I am a hypocrit but I do have to agree with this.

The atmosphere created by the North Stand has been relatively poor these last two seasons, particularly this one. Not sure what it can be put down to but there is a definite decrease in frequency and volume of songs coming out. Attendences are down across the ground and I guess the sense that as we are now 3 seasons into the top league and subsequently the novelty has worn off and we haven't had anything particular to get excited about has taken hold? The first year staying up felt a huge achievement but less so last year and this although objectively speaking it remains a great achievement for our club(in terms of our budget).

Interested if there are any North Stand regulars around to comment on their thoughts on this.

What a lot of tosh! I'm a near 50 year old who started standing in the Northy a few months after its inception. The atmosphere, although not up to the old terracing days, is a vast improvement on the JHS only times. Up The Jags!!! I think they should open it up to all age groups though.

The stadium was quiet today, and the attendance was poor there was more in a good first div match. Why because we have hang on fans that only turn up when they think there is something to get attached to. Yet others think we should be clear of relegation and in the top 6?? Obviously Archie is holding us back.

I Knew this would happen today, the first home game I've missed all year. As the only real and loudest singer in the shed this was bound to happen, I can only apologies. Thing is we really need more songs, take a leaf out of the united FC of Manchester's book who claim to have over 100 songs and never stop singing from start to finish no matter how bad they play. I'll be back next week so don't despair.

Yip it was a poor crowd today, especially given the freebies on offer for students and under 16s. There is never any atmosphere in home games v either of the Highland sides because of the poverty of numbers that they bring through....today being a classic example. To be fair to the board, they have tried everything to get numbers through the gate, not sure what other incentives they can offer, other than cut the admission price

A nomad who "doesn't get to many games" starts a thread slagging off the ones who do. Hypocrisy on a grand scale.

Sorry, but if anyone isn't happy with the atmosphere then then they should be helping try and improve it by going to the North Stand and joining in.

There are far too many folk who just turn up and expect a good atmosphere to be created for them. That's not how it works. Improving the atmosphere is everyone's responsibility and to single out the ones who are actually trying to do something about it is in fact completely divisive and counter productive.

• Like 1

A nomad who "doesn't get to many games" starts a thread slagging off the ones who do. Hypocrisy on a grand scale.

Sorry, but if anyone isn't happy with the atmosphere then then they should be helping try and improve it by going to the North Stand and joining in.

There are far too many folk who just turn up and expect a good atmosphere to be created for them. That's not how it works. Improving the atmosphere is everyone's responsibility and to single out the ones who are actually trying to do something about it is in fact completely divisive and counter productive.

This Nomad was in the North Stand and the atmosphere was great especially with it being so cold, is starting poor and next to no away support.

If folk want to hear singing at the games then join in, the beer goes down better after a good rendition of "Oh Maryhill"

• Like 1

I was in the North Stand, chittering, The noise the folk there made was amazing in the circumstances. I have no idea how many folk were in the NS, but there was a lot of noise where I was sitting. Contrarywise the JHS seemed silent throughout the match.

Perhaps sound doesn't travel around the ground?

No doubt the JHS was jumping up and down and getting right behind the team? Eh?

The JHS was as Vocal as I have heard it for a while,personally I thought the NS was pretty good,we got off to a lousey start and I think a lot of us watching thought we were going to get a doing,it took a wee bit of time for the crowd to get into it but thought it was pretty good as there was no opposition support to wind up.