St Johnstone 02/03/16

Lindau

Need a quick bounce back, given the three fixtures that follow this one. Think Archie may give Saturday's side a chance to redeem themselves but with maybe Nesbitt dropping to the bench. Might be time to give Ryan Edwards a shot to see if he can command a place, but probably more likely to be Sean Welsh. Hope to be £6 out of pocket at full time, courtesy of BBs excellent sponsorship plan, but reckon it will be £2 maximum!

Our next 4 games are against the top 4 in the league as it stands today.No easy games but if we are to get anything out of these games we cant play like we did on Saturday.We played well last Tuesday if we can play like that again we can get at least a point against St.Johnstone.Imo Amoo deserves a start has looked lively when he has came on in last few games.

Good results tonight. A win tomorrow and we'd be looking very healthy.

Kilmarnock result great for us. We now have 4 games in hand over them again and are 3 points ahead with a +16 goal difference over them. None of our extra games are easy ones but we ought to be capapble of picking up some points from them and if we do get into a safe position.

A safe position of course - with the league being so tight - might take us close to top 6 place but I'm not wanting to consider that until we have a few more points on board.

Edited by Mr Bunny

A point tonight would also be decent.We play St J, Hearts and Aberdeen before Killie play again so any points we pick up will aid our cause, however if we don't get anything from these 3 games we will still be 3 points ahead of Killie albeit the goal difference won't be as good.

Killie's next 2 games are Aberdeen away and Celtic at home before they play us, therefore we have a really good opportunity to stretch ahead over the next week or so if we can grind out a few points.

Kilmarnock result great for us. We now have 4 games in hand over them again and are 3 points ahead with a +16 goal difference over them. None of our extra games are easy ones but we ought to be capapble of picking up some points from them and if we do get into a safe position. A safe position of course - with the league being so tight - might take us close to top 6 place but I'm not wanting to consider that until we have a few more points on board.

Disagree. I would have liked Kilmarnock to get atleast a point. I'm not in the slightest concerned with them catching us, but it would have made catching Ross easier.

Disagree. I would have liked Kilmarnock to get atleast a point. I'm not in the slightest concerned with them catching us, but it would have made catching Ross easier.

Can't quite understand that logic when we are three points from the play off place. The sooner there are two teams isolated at the bottom the better, then we can look at moving up the table. Three points tonight would be massive!

Edited by Lindau

Without sounding too dramatic, I feel like tonight's result might go a long way to deciding which side of the split we're looking at. A win and we get a boost going into a tough 3 games. If we lose, it would take an improbable run of results over the next few games for us to be in the top half. Not impossible, just improbable.

A draw and we're none the wiser.

• Like 1

Can't quite understand that logic when we are three points from the play off place. The sooner there are two teams isolated at the bottom the better, then we can look at moving up the table. Three points tonight would be massive!

I'm in agreement with you but I'd love to think DD is correct. Perhaps when we look back over the season we'll be saying if only Killie and United picked up more points against the other six clubs around us in the league.

I'm in agreement with you but I'd love to think DD is correct. Perhaps when we look back over the season we'll be saying if only Killie and United picked up more points against the other six clubs around us in the league.

I hope he is right as well, but if we get beat tonight and United win, there will be more than a few teams looking over their shoulders nervously, including ourselves. We are more than capable of grinding out results, but on the other side we are well capable of throwing in a few shockers (Dundee, Dundee Und and Motherwell....all very recently) Still don't think we have played well since the Celtic game

Edited by Lindau

I know we don't get much from games vs Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic. But we shouldn't go into them expecting zero. Other teams get points against them. I think all 3 teams below us have got points against them recently.

Be surprised to get anything on Saturday, but we are more than capable of getting something in our home games, especially the Aberdeen game, given that Rooney is out!

Still don't think we have played well since the Celtic game

I think the 2nd half last week at Firhill was a good performance. Not splitting hairs as I sense that one 45 min spell means a good bit to morale. Otherwise the players could be thinking they haven't performed well for two months. If they play like they did in that half last week both collectively and individually we should be looking up the table not down.

I gotta agree tho' we haven't turned in a 90 min performance to be too proud of since Parkhead.

Archie's tactics, to me anyway, appears to be to keep it tight for the first 45 then become a bit more adventurous. We rarely ever win after conceding the first goal and we rarely get beat after scoring first. Couple of quick goals tonight would be a boost!

• Like 1

BBC preview is uncharacteristically complimentary...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/35647578

"I don't think Thistle, nor Alan Archibald, get anywhere near the credit they deserve"

I concur with your comment and his.

The only teams we have not managed to take any points off this season are top 3 hearts and celtic . Of the remaining 9 the, we've beaten 6 and are undefeated against another.

So far it's not dissimilar to last year's final report card and it's not a glorious record on a pathway to greatness, but it does suggest we are slowly engineering a competent, competitive squad for this level.

However, we need 4 more wins to match last years tally. We could possibly achieve that before the split. That would be tangible progress.

It starts tonight!

COME ON THE THEEEEEESELLLLL!!!!

Survival Kids v Same old Experience ... onwards and upwards... #wegotthis ..... Right?

:fan:

Partick Thistle champions oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..... :thumbsup2:

• Like 1