Dundee Utd

javeajag

Proverbial game of two half's. But for Tam Cerny could easily have been 0-4 at half time, the save he tipped round the post/over the bar was magnificent. Defence were all over the place. Second half was like night and day. Best thing that happened was Fred getting injured and Gary Miller moving to centre half, where he was simply majestic. The icing on the cake was Muzzy coming on. The game turned completely. We have some real pace in the team when Booth, Muzzy, Ryan and David are on the pitch. The goal was fantastic. Brilliant run by Muzzy, fantastic dummy by Amoo and a quality finish by Dools. Bloody fantastic. Cerny for me was easily MOTM so was a bit surprised when it was announced Calum was. Still who cares....what a great night and fair dues, what a crowd Und brought down on a Tuesday night!

• Like 3

Job done Thistle!!!!!

Sean Welsh and Gary Miller sound like they were both immense, and what have we not said about Dools yet??

They were Barney. Gary was poor in the first half but was simply magnificent at centre half in the second. Hopefully that will have shut the Sean Welsh haters up for a couple of days. He put in some shift tonight but no doubting the MOTM. Tam Cerny by a country mile. Und would have been out of sight if it hadn't been for him in the first half

Where to start.

First half was abysmal. Started nervously and were second to everything. Defence were all over the place, how it stayed 0-0 only Tomas Cerny can tell you. His save from Rankin was top drawer.

Second half, I think Frans getting injured was a blessing in disguise. He'd been poor but the intro of Dumbuya was a game changer.

His pace alone immediately put United on the back foot, something they hadn't had to do for 50mins.

Miller was poor in the first half but I thought he was terrific at centre half, defence looked a lot more assured. Booth was getting forward at will, when we counter attack with him, Dumbuya and Amoo at full pelt not many teams can cope with it.

I've been critical of Welsh but was really impressed by his 2nd half showing. If he'd tucked away his chance it would have been a terrific goal. He seemed to move the ball quicker in the 2nd half which got us going.

As for the goal, brilliant work by Dumbuya, great dummy by Amoo and the finish by Doolan was top drawer. He wasn't at his best tonight but he always knows where the net is.

He deserves all the plaudits going. Legend.

We should enjoy this Jags team, even when the chips are down like in the first half they never stop battling and more often than not have found a way to grind out the wins.

Let's go out and stuff County, this team deserve a shot at the top 6.

Brilliant support through by United but in the 2nd half their team never got a sniff.

Good to see Craigen back as well, spoke like a gent at half time, always welcome at Firhill.

Just off the train and back in Neilston.

First time in 45 years watching Thistle that I've seen us beat the Arabs so very sweet, regardless of their lowly league position. Great atmosphere and a superb United support.

King Kenny- how do you know what Craigan was saying cos the tannoy is a joke

• Members

Dools was just about to get hooked as well! I thought Miller was the weak link in the defence first half. Him and Freddy constantly getting in a fankle let United in numerous times. What a difference when he went back to Centre Back though. Gave us an extra bit of pace through the centre at the back and as a result Tomas had a relatively quiet second half compared to the first. Took Muzzy a wee while to get into the game, but when he did!!!

A great game tonight. United are definitely a much improved side. If they keep that side together and get relegated, they'll skate the Championship next season.

Have just read Mr Dung's match report to find that not unnatural it is a load of shit. Whilst United were ahead on points at half time we finished the half well and been totally honest apart from 2/3 occasions I never felt under real pressure.

As others have said the introduction of Dumbaya was a major turning point as he seemed to act as a catalyst for the rest of the side. Too many talking points but Dools was just Dools again! Oh and by the way thank you for nothing once again Celtic!

A big Thumbs Up for a good night's entertainment at Firhill.

Our back four were rattled and indecisive and only some outstanding goalkeeping from Cerny kept us in the game up to half-time - an amazing save to get that thumping close range shot over the bar.

The strange substitution didn't help the balance of the side when Fraser went off. Moving Doolan back doesn't work and he had one of his poorer games and United had loads of space to play in midfield. Pogba? In my view, he is the most inept player we have had since Big Gabriel Piccolo...and he is even slower than Stephen Craig at getting back onside.

We were much better in the Second Half particularly after Dumbuya came on. Miller was poor at right back but did well at centre back. Welsh & Osman began to influence the game, Lawless & Amoo looked threatening and Booth made some good runs but then took wrong options. It was a great run & cross by Muzzy and a cracking strike by Dools. We might well have increased our lead with some good attacks.

I think I have posted after every game I have been to this season that there is not much between the bottom nine sides. We are now able to win games without looking markedly better than the opposition. United may still stay up but it was satisfying to hear the shouts of "Going Down" at the end of the game to ease the pain of Blind Les Mottram and that night at Tannadice.

Mr Dallas seemed to find it easier to book Thistle than United Players tonight...and it did look albeit from a distance that Doolan was pulled back by the defender in the box in the first half though we have already had our annual quota of penalties.

Our back four were rattled and indecisive and only some outstanding goalkeeping from Cerny kept us in the game up to half-time - an amazing save to get that thumping close range shot over the bar.

That and some hopelessly inept forward play from Dundee United.

Mr Dallas seemed to find it easier to book Thistle than United Players tonight...and it did look albeit from a distance that Doolan was pulled back by the defender in the box in the first half though we have already had our annual quota of penalties.

My impression was that Doolan was clearly pulled back in the box, but it started outside the box and a free kick should have been given. Ignoring it was one of those clear examples when it becomes obvious that "Assistant Referees" are not being allowed even to make a suggestion to the prima donna we've all really come to watch. <_<

• Like 2

That and some hopelessly inept forward play from Dundee United.

My impression was that Doolan was clearly pulled back in the box, but it started outside the box and a free kick should have been given. Ignoring it was one of those clear examples when it becomes obvious that "Assistant Referees" are not being allowed even to make a suggestion to the prima donna we've all really come to watch. <_<

If a foul starts outside the box but the player keeps going then advantage can be played. If the foul continues inside the box then a penalty can be given.

Not quoting a rule book, just applying my own logic. Makes sense though, eh?

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

Where to start.

First half was abysmal. Started nervously and were second to everything. Defence were all over the place, how it stayed 0-0 only Tomas Cerny can tell you. His save from Rankin was top drawer.

Second half, I think Frans getting injured was a blessing in disguise. He'd been poor but the intro of Dumbuya was a game changer.

His pace alone immediately put United on the back foot, something they hadn't had to do for 50mins.

Miller was poor in the first half but I thought he was terrific at centre half, defence looked a lot more assured. Booth was getting forward at will, when we counter attack with him, Dumbuya and Amoo at full pelt not many teams can cope with it.

I've been critical of Welsh but was really impressed by his 2nd half showing. If he'd tucked away his chance it would have been a terrific goal. He seemed to move the ball quicker in the 2nd half which got us going.

As for the goal, brilliant work by Dumbuya, great dummy by Amoo and the finish by Doolan was top drawer. He wasn't at his best tonight but he always knows where the net is.

He deserves all the plaudits going. Legend.

We should enjoy this Jags team, even when the chips are down like in the first half they never stop battling and more often than not have found a way to grind out the wins.

Let's go out and stuff County, this team deserve a shot at the top 6.

Brilliant support through by United but in the 2nd half their team never got a sniff.

Good to see Craigen back as well, spoke like a gent at half time, always welcome at Firhill.

This is exactly how I would describe it. we were woeful first half, similar to the Killie game, we just couldn't get started and sort of thought we were safe/already in top 6 so we didnt need to compete.

Frans seems to go from being solid to looking like he's running with Stevie Fulton on his back. Got to say Gary Miller was fantastic at the back with Seabo 2nd half, Muzzy Dumbuya is just a legend, we may aswell enjoy him while he's here.

Credit to Welshy for his 2nd half performance aswell, he was rock hard and was like a man possessed. Big Davey Amoooooooo and Tam Cerny were oustanding aswell.Doolan is a lagend for scoring the winner but in the first half everything seemed to bounce off him and his usual perfect first touch seemed to desert him, When Fraser went off I said to my Da', get the Pog on and get in about these b@st@rds, I still don't know about the Pog, he certainly gives 100% but I don't know that he is 'the answer', I think he's triggered another year so he might be worth holding onto for a preseason and seeing how he gets on. absolutely delighted with the result,a top 6 finish this year would be immense. In Archie We Trust.

Edited by jags on tour
  • Like 1

Their tactic in the first half (give the ball to Paton who hoofed it up the park for front players to chase) had us all over the place and but for Thomas we could have been 3 down before half time. Enforced change early 2nd half with Gary Miller moved into the centre probably won us the game as I don't recall many scares after half time and we were much better going forward.

And Dools is a legend!!!!

I thought United fell into the trap that we were doing in the early part of the season by putting everything in to the early part of game and having nothing left for the rest.

Thomas's brilliant save was huge . If that had went in we would have been in big trouble.

Terrific commitment and effort in the second half to get the points. Real self belief that sometimes has been missing. United hoofed the ball repeatedly the second half and Big Dan and Co at the back mopped it all up.

At last a cross back to a forward facing the goal and magic from Dools. We really need to work on corners and crosses which for the most part poor again.

The pace of Muzzy and Edward was massive for us at the end as was Millers performance in the middle next to Dan. No Failures .

United , for all the sycophantic, arse licking , brown-nosing sh1te Chick Young was giving them before the game weren't any better than Killie.

Also , Welsh plays a lot better without Banzo in the team.

Though it doesn't quite relegate Dundee Utd, hopefully puts them on their way and makes up for Tannadice 20 years ago slightly !!

Archie's substitution with Fraser going off and Pogba going on was a bit leftfield and I'm still unsure what his thinking was on that one.

We got better the 2nd half and although I thought Dools had a poor game he should play most weeks as he is an out and out goal scorer .Special mention to Ryan Edwards when he came on for his commitment and energy in helping us close out the game.

Looking forward to Dingwall on Saturday.

I thought United fell into the trap that we were doing in the early part of the season by putting everything in to the early part of game and having nothing left for the rest.

Thomas's brilliant save was huge . If that had went in we would have been in big trouble.

Terrific commitment and effort in the second half to get the points. Real self belief that sometimes has been missing. United hoofed the ball repeatedly the second half and Big Dan and Co at the back mopped it all up.

At last a cross back to a forward facing the goal and magic from Dools. We really need to work on corners and crosses which for the most part poor again.

The pace of Muzzy and Edward was massive for us at the end as was Millers performance in the middle next to Dan. No Failures .

United , for all the sycophantic, arse licking , brown-nosing sh1te Chick Young was giving them before the game weren't any better than Killie.

Also , Welsh plays a lot better without Banzo in the team.

Would agree with most there but going on the last two games I think Und are superior to Killie. They played some real good stuff in the first half, whereas the only tactic Killie had was to lump the ball into Boyd while he backs into players with his arms out,then goes down and is ultimately awarded a free kick. Saying all that I would be happy to see both going down

All ready been said but we were lucky to still be in the game at half-time, despite nearly taking the lead just before HT. The defence was cut open at will by aimless punts forward with Frans & Miller particularly poor.

2nd half a different story, Miller was outstanding. Booth & Welsh great again, excellent having Dumbuya back also, his pace is frightening.

Was surprised that Pogba came on for Fraser, Elliott or Edwards were the obvious choices. I'd say it worked though, Pogba ran himself into the ground, won some headers & had good footwork on occasions. Still not fully convinced by him but as Lambie would have said, just give us a shift, which he did.

Great finish by Doolan & dummy from Amoo, who is fast turning into one of our most important players. Fair play to him, he's turned the corner & has been a different player in recent weeks.