Dundee Utd

javeajag

All about tonight. Let's roll up the sleeves and leave everything on the pitch. Oh, a few shots at goal wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Hopefully Osman© makes it as I'm unsure a midfield of Edwards, Welsh and Fraser will give us an advantage over the DABs in that area.

If I were King....

Cerny

Dumbaya...Seabourne...Frans...Booth

Osman...Welsh

Amoo......................Lawless

Pogba.....Doolan

Scully

Miller

Fraser

Nesbitt

Edwards

Elliot

German

If Osman doesn't make it, I'd be comfortable with Fraser in his place, or possibly try Miller in the role. Edwards made a strong case for himself starting on Saturday full of energy, lots of movement, but I think Wee Stevie just trumps him for skill and creatitivity. If things were going well, I'd like to see German come on at a fairly early stage too... just out of curiosity really...

But... whadayahno-eh?

IN ARCHIE I TRUST..... Mony Paaheek Feeeeessoooo!!!!!!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Am I feeling confident? No!

Can we win? Absolutely.

We must be better than Saturday, regardless of who plays. Their defence is terrible so I would love to see us have a go, and especially running at them.

To have Saturday being like a Cup Final will be amazing for us and the players so lets hope they and we are all up for it as much as DUFC likely to be.

There are some doubts about Osman's fitness for tonight.

If he doesn't make it the manager will probably play Fraser in his place but I think we ought to go with Miller in Midfield (and Dumbya RB) as he has played there before (for SJ) and has more defensive discipline than Fraser.

Edited by Mr Bunny

My brother, nephew, niece and a friend are on their way down from the Highlands for this game, to be joined by my sister, another nephew, and his step-son, for the latter's first-ever football game (he's six years old); hopefully another Jag for life in the making.

I hope this kind of scenario is being repeated in many Jaggy households today, and that the R&Y army will be out in force to help the team make it to the top six.

If I were King....

Cerny

Dumbaya...Seabourne...Frans...Booth

Osman...Welsh

Amoo......................Lawless

Pogba.....Doolan

Scully

Miller

Fraser

Nesbitt

Edwards

Elliot

German

If Osman doesn't make it, I'd be comfortable with Fraser in his place, or possibly try Miller in the role. Edwards made a strong case for himself starting on Saturday full of energy, lots of movement, but I think Wee Stevie just trumps him for skill and creatitivity. If things were going well, I'd like to see German come on at a fairly early stage too... just out of curiosity really...

But... whadayahno-eh?

IN ARCHIE I TRUST..... Mony Paaheek Feeeeessoooo!!!!!!

:fan:

I know what you are saying about Doolan and Pogba, but ......

Remember what happened the last time we tried a change of formation against this lot ! TBH I don't mind who plays where, we have a very capable manager who decides that and will know who is fit and who is showing confidence in training. All I ask is we keep the same formation that has got us to this point.

GERRRINTAE EM !

Yeah but I still think Pogba will start. There was an occasion on Saturday over by the dugouts where his physical presence forced the Killie player to put the ball out. I nudged my pal and said " that's what he does for us!".

I know he is getting hammered for not jumping on Saturday and that others think he is crap because he doesn't score. BUT he gives us that second by shoving and pushing for the midfield to get up the park. When he does that well he is worth his weight in gold and it's something that Dools will never be able to do. Unless or until we have a midfield that just runs at the opposition AND from a more central position, we are a lot better with Pogba there to "soften up" the opposition and then for Dools to come on in the last half hour to finish them off.

I see Ryan as an asset if he plays that quick movement forward role amply backed up by wee Stevie. Let's get into the b------s box!!!

And David Amoo can come in from the right and destroy them. To hell with getting down the wing and hitting floated crosses to nobody!

Can't wait for tonight!

I know what you are saying about Doolan and Pogba, but ......

Remember what happened the last time we tried a change of formation against this lot ! TBH I don't mind who plays where, we have a very capable manager who decides that and will know who is fit and who is showing confidence in training. All I ask is we keep the same formation that has got us to this point.

GERRRINTAE EM !

Aye... I remember.... and like I said .... Whadaeayeknow? .... Just think in the cup tie we were over cautious, they had just added to their squad, pumped killie 5-1 the previous week with their own new formation and it looked like Mixu might be turning things around for them.

We played 5 at the back, and in fairness to Archie, given our lack of goals this season, in a cup tie I could understand maybe trying to hold out and grind out a 1-0. In the end (although in all fairness they were probably more up for it) they did that to us and scored a bit of a peach in the last few minutes. Opperchancity missed ....Forgedabourit.

Tonight though, we have a decent points cushion over them. It'll be a real disappointment if we get beat, but no disaster for us. They however need to win.... I say we should go for it.

To my mind, we don't really have an out and out left winger. Lawless didn't look interested on saturday, and Christie'll give you a great shift, but for me, with the personnel we have in our squad the three behind 1 centre forward is always gonna have one guy not playing in his prefered or best position. Sometimes the middle guy looks reluctant to push forward with two guys wide too, although Edwards made a good fist of it against killie.

I just think the back 4 and 2 defensive midfielders provide sufficent ballance and cover for the attacking 4 to have a bit more freedom and with guys like Lawless or Edwards and Doolan, the energy is there for them to cover alot of ground....

.... can y'tell i'm up for THE BIG MATCH :thumbsup2:

But yer right... GERRINTAERUM!!! not in a physical way though... I mean more in about them ... lots of movement .... they'll be pushing forward for a win so they probably leave space and we should be making them nervous with a bit of industry off the ball as much as when we're on it.

I've talked myself into believing we can hump this mob.... :fan:

• Like 1

Tonight we've got to win, no excuses no hard luck stories. Let's be honest that performance on Saturday wasn't up to scratch and we can and have played better than that this season. Personally, I'd go with Doolan up front for the simple reason that Pogba is not a goal threat by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not having a go at him per ce, but tonight we need goals and he isn't my he boy for them.

When I think of Dundee Utd the 1st thing that comes to mind is the hand ball in the cup game.

A cheat. This heinous act typifies that club.

Sometimes I think of '96 too. And Paton. And Davie Wilson's goal. Although I seem to remember he was in tears after?

Edwards drops to the bench (and Doolan in for Pogba). Surprised Archie's giving Fraser the run-out when Edwards was easily the best player on the pitch on Saturday. The only explanation I can think of is if he wants to keep him as fresh as possible for Saturday given we'll have played 3 games in 8 days.

Edwards drops to the bench (and Doolan in for Pogba). Surprised Archie's giving Fraser the run-out when Edwards was easily the best player on the pitch on Saturday. The only explanation I can think of is if he wants to keep him as fresh as possible for Saturday given we'll have played 3 games in 8 days.

Posted this the other night on the Killie thread...

Edit to add, an on form Fraser is ideally suited to playing against Uniteds defence. They don't know their positions and he should be pinging balls over the top onto the on rushing lawless/Amoo.

It's a gamble which Fraser turns up. The player we know he can be, or the player he seems happy to be.