Dundee United 10/05/16

It was a sympathy vote. Expensive one though

I think basically (from following the onine commentary) it was a case of missing Osman plus the options of Bannigan and Fraser in midfield which meant we couldn't get a grip of it and see the game out with the lead we had. Pity as it means we'll have to draw with or beat Hamilton to avoid going below them, depending on other results. Not likely to improve our current position now.

Still we didn't get beat and several youngsters got a run out (though one of them wasn't our player).

Edited by Mr Bunny

a draw would do as ict play dundee on the last day so we could still finish 8th if dundee win that one, assuming we beat accies

Yeah. A draw or an accies win. Means that Saturday will be a battle for 8th to 10th. An ICT win would pretty much confirm us in 9th.

Those who were at the game will probbaly not post till tomorrow but if they do - how did the young lads play?

As well as the team as a whole. Penrice started rather shaky from a defensive point of view but picked up. Wilson was very busy and his distribution better than previous outings. Nisbet timed a run very well and was unfortunate not to score from a difficult angle (good save). Nesbitt I thought was excellent helping to up the pace when we were in danger of being overrun.

Given the shock news earlier today and the makeshift team we had to put out we really should be content with a draw. But as always when you lose late goals and throw away a lead it's hard to be content. In truth I think the half time lead kinda flattered us and we came out in the 2nd half thinking the job was done. Or it looked that way. I just can't be too critical as when I saw the line up I'd have accepted a point there and then.

Yup! I was there.

Mr Bunny asked about the young lads. Young Penrice had his moments after he settled but he got skinned three times before he did and we could have lost goals off these. His corner for Freddie's header was a beauty.

Davy Wilson was his usual , still a bit unsure of himself and keen to pass the ball a couple of yards to a more experienced colleague.

Nesbitt was good when he came on and I think he suffers a bit because of few opportunities and I get the impression he is trying a bit too hard but would be great in a team when he settles down.

Nisbet wasn't really on long enough to comment on him.

Overall the game was won and we chucked it away. Disappointing.

Thought Stevie Lawless was immense and covered every blade of the pitch with some really sterling defending at times. Dools had a good game, lots of great movement.

I also liked Ryan Edwards contribution and he took his goal well after Amoo's persistence on the byline to get the ball over.

Hope we win on Saturday.

Just in after the bloody roadworks on A90. We really threw that away. Despite it being 3-3 wasn't a great game. Stevie Lawless and Freddie Frans were outstanding for me, especially Lawless. What a shift he put in. Young Penrice was very shaky to start with with Ginger Murray giving him a hard time early on. Think Archie sensed that and he got Stevie to help him out and he did that magnificently. The young fella came on to a game and did very well. We dropped the points because of us inviting Und to shoot, by constantly backing off, something that Lindsay (who was very poor) and Seaborne did the whole game and we eventually paid the price. Thought Scully was poor at both the 2nd and 3rd goals where it looked like they both went in, in the centre of the goals. Don't like criticising young players but I have still to see what the management obviously see in David Wilson, thought he was very poor again. Other plus marks went to Ryan Edwards, who put in a real shift and Nesbitt looked very good when he came on. Fair wee group of jags fans there tonight and in good voice. spotted Muzzy, Banzo, Christie and Declan McDaid viewing from the stand beside us!

Edited by Lindau

Accies vs ICT tomorrow. Who do you want to win? #desperatetokeepsomeinterestintheseason

Looks like ICT are going to be gifted 3pts (as there won't be time to replay their game with United) so we really want them to win against Accies tomorrow. We can't catch ICT now so unless Dundee lose both their remaining games the best we can do will be 9th. Could be a dead rubber on Saturday.

Looks like ICT are going to be gifted 3pts (as there won't be time to replay their game with United) so we really want them to win against Accies tomorrow. We can't catch ICT now so unless Dundee lose both their remaining games the best we can do will be 9th. Could be a dead rubber on Saturday.

Don't understand. Have I missed something?

Archie makes a good point regarding next season and the fact that we wont get away with such a dreadful start again - in many ways fortunate that whilst we were poor early on neither Dundee united nor Kilmarnock were any better and whilst we improved both of them couldn't - and both of them changed their managers so perhaps a lesson learned?

The 10 points off Dundee United and 8 points from Kilmarnock made a huge difference this season - to state the obvious - the league is a long drawn out affair but winning individual battles against teams immediately adjacent in the division is critical - next season there might not be two such teams we can do this against - a good start is essential.