Euros

cyprusjag

Great credit to a terrific Wales side. True to Gareth Bale's comment, Ingurlish commentators rarely going more than 2 minutes without "bigging up" their players in some obsequious way or other. They prattle incessantly about the difference between drawing their game - finishing second in the group, and winning it - finishing top. It appears beyond their comprehension that they could lose and fail to qualify. Now that would be nice.

ETA: absolutely nothing nasty meant in that towards my good English friends and English Thistle friends and players. Just that horrible fkcn media.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

Wales success rather puts to bed any argument that Scotland is ' too wee' to be on the big stage! Shows how far we have regressed lately. But! Well done to Wales.

Wales also have Bale and to a lesser extent, Ramsey, two players of genuine quality. Scotland haven't produced anything like them for a long time. In days gone by we would always have had one or two players with real class. So I agree entirely just that I'd extend criticism to two areas. Firstly our inability to produce a team that can play as a creditable unit and move the ball about like Wales. Secondly we seem incapable of nurturing talent. The latter could be passed off as sheer bad luck but considering the long line of class players we previously always managed to produce that imo would be too much of a coincidence.

• Like 1