The Real Glasgow Derby

stillresigned

If I remember correctly the last time we met was also a cup game and that was a 9 goal thriller with us scoring 2 in the last minute to win in 90 minutes - hopefully we will be a bit more comfortable on Saturday!

Sensible prices as well - £10 & £5 so hopefully we get as many of the people who came against QoS coming back as the more revenue we can generate the better it is for the club.

• Like 2

^ Yep, Thistle go into this one on the back of 12 consecutive competitive wins over QP - easily our most dominant streak over any other team in our entire history.

27.12.1982 Queen's Park [a] W4-1 (SFL First Division - game 19)

23.04.1983 Queen's Park [a] W1-0 (SFL First Division - game 36)

10.05.1983 Queen's Park [h] W2-0 (Glasgow Cup Quarter Final)

18.04.1989 Queen's Park [a] W1-0 (Glasgow Cup Quarter Final)

10.08.1996 Queen's Park [h] W3-1 (Challenge Cup 1st Round)

09.09.2000 Queen's Park [a] W1-0 (SFL Second Division - game 5)

04.11.2000 Queen's Park [h] W2-1 (SFL Second Division - game 13)

02.01.2001 Queen's Park [a] W2-0 (SFL Second Division - game 21)

03.03.2001 Queen's Park [h] W2-1 (SFL Second Division - game 28)

07.08.2001 Queen's Park [h] W5-0 (Challenge Cup 1st Round)

26.07.2008 Queen's Park [h] W2-1 (Challenge Cup 1st Round)

14.08.2012 Queen's Park [a] W5-4 (Challenge Cup 2nd Round)

As well as extending that club-record, victory on Saturday would see Thistle finish a League Cup section with maximum points for only the second time in the club's history. Bertie's Jags in 1975 were last to do so.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly the last time we met was also a cup game and that was a 9 goal thriller with us scoring 2 in the last minute to win in 90 minutes

Two rather inexperienced centrebacks that night who went on to have a phenomenal season and the lad, so many were unsure of, Bannigan, scoring a fine goal. A very young side that grew up quickly. Could be certain similarities on Saturday but with us now operating a level above, the score should be more in our favour.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Can't make this one annoyingly.

Hopefully we don't take this lightly, we still need to win to be sure of going through I believe, and even though QP have nothing really to play for, I'm sure they'll not lie down. Plus if we win, we're guaranteed to be seeded next round.

Pogba seems to be in decent form, a goal and 2 assists in his last 2, so would be surprised to see him drop out. Be interesting to see who starts at Centre back, ideally I'd want Lindsay and Devine playing together as much as possible just now to nail that partnership. We should be winning this, and reasonably comfortably you'd hope, but as we saw in the 5-4 game (one of my favourite Thistle games ever), it could be very different from that.

3-0 Thistle. Erskine, Lawless and Nisbet rounding it off.

Archie was hinting in a video on the official site that Cerny should be starting in this one, and was actually fit enough for last night but they didn't want to risk him on the plastic pitch.

It's obviously a huge plus as I think him and Osman - who Archie suggested should be back in for the Caley game - played a bigger part in our good defensive record last season than the actual central defenders.

Think we should win this comfortably. Hopefully Lindsay and Devine get another game together, and we manage to work out our best team for the first game. Sounds like Amoo and Edwards both played well yesterday, but there's a good chance only one of them will start against Caley.

I don't think this will be as easy a game as Tuesday night was. QP have picked up a respectable 4 points in the group already so will be no mugs.

But if we start the game in a similar manner to Tuesday night we will undoubtedly have too much for them.

Would be great to see another few goals and top the group with maximum points.

If we win tomorrow we will have max points and only 3 teams will have achieved that (assuming Alloa win in 90 mins as well) so hopefully we start positively and keep it going for the full 90 minutes. A large crowd would also be good as well so lets hope sensible pricing (£10 & £5) will get people coming out as we need our fans to be getting to Firhill in larger numbers this season.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

A large crowd would also be good as well so lets hope sensible pricing (£10 & £5) will get people coming out as we need our fans to be getting to Firhill in larger numbers this season.

It appears maybe about 1100 Jags fans turned up on a wet Tuesday night in Stenhousemuir. That's quite an incredible away support for a match held in July. It would be surprising if our turnout tomorrow was disappointing but the fickleness of our punters often has its surprises. .

It appears maybe about 1100 Jags fans turned up on a wet Tuesday night in Stenhousemuir. That's quite an incredible away support for a match held in July. It would be surprising if our turnout tomorrow was disappointing but the fickleness of our punters often has its surprises. .

I have total respect for those who follow the team around the country during the season, especially in the winter, as I don't attend away games. The one thing that often shocks me though is the difference between our core home and away supports. Ian Maxwell states that over the last couple of seasons our home support has been between 2,400 & 2,500 which includes season ticket holders and U16s. Even if we could increase the number of paying punters by 200 per league game that would make a big difference in terms of revenue.

Tried to add to my season ticket but it doesn't seem to work on Apple products - strange as I managed to renew my ST on my iMac.

Not sure if mine has worked from mac either. I've definitely bought a ticket but whether it has gone on to my season ticket or not, we'll see. The ticket site is a mess, I find it really difficult to navigate.

• Like 1

Not sure if mine has worked from mac either. I've definitely bought a ticket but whether it has gone on to my season ticket or not, we'll see. The ticket site is a mess, I find it really difficult to navigate.

I am in the same boat. Was also buying for my non-season ticket holder daughter who is back in Glasgow for the holidays, so I know I have to go to the ticket office anyway, but I wonder whether I will be offered a paper ticket or told that I do not need anything as it will be on the season card. I hope that I do not have to climb the hill twice!

Interesting Great Glasgow Alliance car load coming to the game today. Daughter and me (Jags fans) plus neighbour and son (Queens Park fans) and neighbour's son's friend (Thistle fan)!

I contacted the office. This might help some of you.

"Hi, I'm unclear if this Queens Park ticket has been added to my season ticket. The article on the website said tickets could be added to a season ticket, but that's wasn't clear during the transaction or with this follow up email. Can you please confirm if this is added to my season ticket or I'll need to pick up from the box office?

Kind regards, Simon"

Hi Simon,

I can confirm that a ticket has been placed on to the season card for the queens park game.

From the email below it looks like K84 in the north stand.

Hope this helps, any other questions feel free to drop myself an e-mail.

Kind Regards,

Matt

Thanks for letting me know Matt and glad it's on my season ticket. I'd suggest that the journey is a bit confusing and could put people off buying. I certainly thought twice because there was no indication that the ticket was being added to my season ticket. In fact quite the opposite, the website told me that I was to collect from the box office. And then the confirmation email also said collect from box office. I'm not complaining, merely letting you know that the customer experience isn't very good and could be looked at to improve sales.

Kind regards, Simon

Hi Simon,

I completely agree with you on that. We have made a change to it only yesterday in which simplifies the process if you are season ticket holder.

Now when you go to purchase the game, it goes through to a screen which asks whether or not you wish to purchase the ticket on your season ticket seat, click yes, and it will go through to payment and give you a message saying it has been added.

Apologies for the problems you had, but going forward it should now be a simpler process.

Kind Regards,

Matt

I put my ticket for today's game on my season ticket this morning. The confirmation I got, both once the transaction had gone through and the follow up e-mail, made it clear that I had nothing to collect as it was electronically added to my season ticket.

I do agree though that the route to buying tickets is not at all simple or clear.