Liam Lindsay

stuart_adam

I was at the game today Lindsey is big and powerful but you just get the feeling he's going to do something rash

Sure enough took on a challenge that was not needed. Just needed to punt it up the park like he'd been doing all game

Instead decided to beat the forward and ran into another one of the easiest goals the Dons will score this season but what did impress me was the whole team to a man went up and helped him through the pain of it

I don't see why Erkine was left out of the starting lineup game changed when he came on

I was really impressed with Calum Booth today my tip for best thistle player as for Welsh got exactly what he deserved him and the ref were crap

I was at the game today Lindsey is big and powerful but you just get the feeling he's going to do something rash

Sure enough took on a challenge that was not needed. Just needed to punt it up the park like he'd been doing all game

Instead decided to beat the forward and ran into another one of the easiest goals the Dons will score this season but what did impress me was the whole team to a man went up and helped him through the pain of it

I don't see why Erkine was left out of the starting lineup game changed when he came on

I was really impressed with Calum Booth today my tip for best thistle player as for Welsh got exactly what he deserved him and the ref was crap

Not certain if that's an example of tautology. The ref was John Beaton so mentioning he was crap is superfluous

What a surprise! He lost his player!

Just like he lost his marker at our goal. Honestly, if every player played to perfection football would die of boredom and every game would end 0-0. Liam played well today but as Archie says, he needs to cut out a few errors in his game. He is as good a prospect as we have had in years, just needs to tidy a few aspects of his game up and as he is only 20 I am sure he will

Just like he lost his marker at our goal. Honestly, if every player played to perfection football would die of boredom and every game would end 0-0. Liam played well today but as Archie says, he needs to cut out a few errors in his game. He is as good a prospect as we have had in years, just needs to tidy a few aspects of his game up and as he is only 20 I am sure he will

I hope you're right Lindau, I really do. Clearly as a Jags fan, I want the boy to succeed and for the team to benefit from an improved player. But for me, I think he hasn't improved enough to merit an automatic place in the starting 11. I appreciate he scored our equaliser today but for me he still makes too many basic errors under pressure and that could cost us badly throughout a full season. ATS was a quicker learner and you could see him learning from his mistakes game to game. Lindsay is still a good prospect but his improvement from last season is negligible for me. Mistakes will happen to all players, even the best ones, but for me Lindsay needs to improve his decision making, ball control and his passing ability to improve overall as a player this season. Fingers crossed he will but my gut feeling is we need a more experienced centre half for this season and allow Lindsay another year as a squad player.

I hope you're right Lindau, I really do. Clearly as a Jags fan, I want the boy to succeed and for the team to benefit from an improved player. But for me, I think he hasn't improved enough to merit an automatic place in the starting 11. I appreciate he scored our equaliser today but for me he still makes too many basic errors under pressure and that could cost us badly throughout a full season. ATS was a quicker learner and you could see him learning from his mistakes game to game. Lindsay is still a good prospect but his improvement from last season is negligible for me. Mistakes will happen to all players, even the best ones, but for me Lindsay needs to improve his decision making, ball control and his passing ability to improve overall as a player this season. Fingers crossed he will but my gut feeling is we need a more experienced centre half for this season and allow Lindsay another year as a squad player.

There is no doubting we need another central defender in, but there is no doubt in my mind that Liam and Danny are beginning to gel as a partnership, but yes I agree, he needs to learn to cut out the errors. Everything is in place for him to do well in the game and it will be up to Liam himself if he makes the next step!

Can't say I agree that Salmon was in the back pocket of the centre-backs. First half hour or so he caused Devine especially a few problems, mainly from Devine not reading the through balls quite right. He drifted through several times and had there been better balls played through Salmon would probably have been on the scoresheet.

He's a very young boy, especially for a central defender, and is definitely a good prospect. I think a few supporters need to get off his back. He shouldn't be a first pick in the team yet, but that's down to the management to find better, but for now he will learn. Willie Miller, a highly respected central defender as well as a referee :), thought highly of him last season

Can't say I agree that Salmon was in the back pocket of the centre-backs. First half hour or so he caused Devine especially a few problems, mainly from Devine not reading the through balls quite right. He drifted through several times and had there been better balls played through Salmon would probably have been on the scoresheet.

There is something fishy about this post though I have to say that Salmon has a good leap on him!

Edited by Lindau

• 3 weeks later...

Beginning to look like a carbon copy of Conrad. Capable of dodgy moments at the back but well capable of scoring at the other end. Still young enough to eradicate the defensive frailties and if he does we will have a more than half decent player on the books

Agree he is young enough to iron out those deficiencies. And in his defence it is a fairly new defence. And our goalie problems don't help. But Archie is renowned for his patience with players. Hopefully Lindsay goes onto being a star.

Him and scully in the same team give me nightmares!

Scully did well yesterday and pulled off some good saves. Wasn't at fault for either goal.

Can't say the same about Lindsay. His "attempt" at clearing the ball and totally missing it was laughable. Needs to stop these mistakes as this season it has already cost us a number of points. But should be dropped (if we had any backup) at least to protect his confidence.