Adam Barton

Albert's Ghost

This isn't Joeys less talented older brother by any chance

No, he was banged up for a racially aggrevated murder...

Anyway, wiki has Adam as 6'3", the Nationwide Football Annual as 5'11". How big a signing is he actually?

Edited by jagfox

No, he was banged up for a racially aggrevated murder...

Anyway, wiki has Adam as 6'3", the Nationwide Football Annual as 5'11". How big a signing is he actually?

I believe Joey is the oldest of 4 brothers, so the jailed brother was a younger brother.

Web info seems contradictory but looking at a few pics of him in action (with other players for comparison) he looks likely to be over 6 feet tall - unless other players in pics were really wee guys.

Quality reporting from BBC. They a picture of our new signing playing for Bournemouth. Looks like Harry Arter?

Partick Thistle buy Adam Barton from Portsmouth - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/37236746

That's hilarious, yeah you are right i'm pretty sure that is Harry Arter!

Hopefully a decent signing if we're spending money on him and 3yr deal.

Both Dan Seabourne and Adam Barton played for Coventry under Steven Pressley. Coincidence?

Of course not.

As you and I know, David, the football world revolves around contacts.

If Archie has a strong relationship with Steven Pressley, and the evidence suggests he does, then fair play to him for using his contacts for the Jags benefit.

Dan Seaborne has been one of Archie's better, if unspectacular, signings which came through that contact.

A three year contract for Adam Barton suggests to me that Archie knows exactly what he's doing. If Steven Pressley is acting as a consultant to Archie on potential talent from the lower Leagues in England, then we should be way happy with that. It's an order of magnitude above where the club was ten years ago.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Like 1

More likely that his dad is (was) Dick Barton - Special Agent. (Anyone else prepared to admit they are old enough to remember the programme at 6.30 on the steam radio?)

Too far back for me tho' i do remember the TV revival prog. Did have a bit of fun with yon actor James Cosmo who played his sidekick, Jock. Round about that time Mr Cosmo must have been "resting" as he was working behind the bar in Speakers Corner (Carrs Keg) at Charing X. Big fella to take the mickey out of all the same.