Partick Thistle Vs Kilmarnock Fc 17 September

jagfox

Sorry - can't agree that a draw with Killie is an ok result. Is this where we are in terms of hopes, aspirations and expectations?

Got to agree re aspirations etc but today was so important we got something out the game and get us off the bottom of the table The team kept going and showed us the spirit and determination that was sadly missing last week against St Johnstone ,still missing an experienced centre half to organise the defence and if we had we would have won that game today .

Why do you disagree that todays result was an ok result?

Good to see you back PT. Thought you had left us forever.

I guess I'm just disappointed that we couldn't beat perennial strugglers who were only assembled over the summer with a crap manager. They are likely to be around us all season and are one of the teams we need to beat to maintain our status. So in that regard, a draw is not good IMO.

• Like 1

If we'd lost that game today it would be the biggest theft since the Great Train Robbery! I thought that considering the awful performance of last week , we once again looked a decent football team. In all honesty apart from our defensive frailties I think we did very little wrong today.

Had you asked me before today's game if I would have taken a point today I wouldn't, but Seeing the way the game went I was reasonably happy at the end of the day.

If only we could defend well and had a goalscorer we'd be in Europe I'm sure!

Good to see you back PT. Thought you had left us forever.

I guess I'm just disappointed that we couldn't beat perennial strugglers who were only assembled over the summer with a crap manager. They are likely to be around us all season and are one of the teams we need to beat to maintain our status. So in that regard, a draw is not good IMO.

Maybe the fact that he is getting results with a team he's just put together, would suggest he's not as crap as first thought? Only time will tell.

They are likely to be around us, thats the nature of the league.

However, we dont "need" to be beating them.

2 draws away, before the split, i'd be happy with. Especially as they are such an unknown quantity.

There was a great deal to be pleased about from today's performance and if we can replicate that level for the bulk of the season we will be ok.

The negatives from today were the usual problems, firstly we simply over play at times in the final third and squander too many good positions. Secondly we invariably get punished for lapses in concentration at the back.

Whilst there wasn't any poor performers today, Amoo and Edwards in particular were very lively and were very positive on the ball. They were guilty of making the wrong choice for the final pass on occasion but on another day we could have and should have really hurt Killie.

Need to see the penalty claim again, if it's not a penalty I can't fathom what Lawless was trying to do leaving the chance to Booth.

Disappointed we didn't pick up the three points but having been behind twice I'll settle for the point.

Bit of a roller coaster today. Only 1 team wanting to play football and we played some excellent stuff. But for some howling defending we'd have won that. All that was missing from the first goal was Benny Hill music.

Going forward we looked good in spells, but we don't half kill off some attacks with pedestrian midfield play.

Dools looks short on confidence and Azeez is busy but not a natural finisher. Hopefully a couple of goals can change their fortunes.

Amoo was as good as I've seen him and was unlucky to be hooked.

Killie are brutal, mostly direct and feed of the second ball. Not an ounce of football in them. How much have they shortened the pitch to stop teams playing?

It seems to be every goal we concede is of our own doing. The team or individual players make a mistake and hand a goal to the opposition. First goal I think a few players are to blame but it didn't help lindsays fresh air kick with his right foot. Such a poor goal to lose.

Second goal both ziggy (the superstar) and Devine need to do better with the hopeful cross into the box.

The ref today was hopeless and one of the worst performances iv seen. I thought it was a stonewall penalty. I have no idea why lawless would go to ground when all he has to do it hit it and more than likely goes in.

Too much overplaying in the final third and Doolans attempting at heading the ball is tragic. Every single time he jumps about a second early. I have no idea if he thinks if he gets up early he can hang in the air. But it's terrible and seems to be getting worse.

A decent point to get when we were 2-1 down but it should have and could have been easily a win!

How pissed does Archie seem in the after match interview? Never seen him like that before. I didn't watch the interviews after last weeks game right enough.He seemed a bit short with MM and looked like he wanted to stick the heid on him! He doesn't usually single out players either, but blamed Ziggy and Devine for the 2nd goal and Azeez for missing the late chance, plus he's probably going to get pulled up for saying the ref was horrendous, looks like he's stressed out to feck with the team IMO.

Too much overplaying in the final third and Doolans attempting at heading the ball is tragic. Every single time he jumps about a second early. I have no idea if he thinks if he gets up early he can hang in the air. But it's terrible and seems to be getting worse.

Your criticism of Doolan is not warranted. He gives us 100% effort every game no matter were he is asked to play or if he has been benched for the previous match. He has scored more than his fair share of headers to make your comment invalid but if it makes you feel better then take some comfort from a couple of bad efforts today.

• Like 2

Doolans goals since he's been at Firhill have been invaluable either in getting us to the Premier League and also keeping us there.

His lack of physicality is cancelled out by his sublime touch on the ball , his sharpness , bringing others into play and most importantly his goals.

Watched him today and if wasn't for Amoos and Azees final ball he would have had a couple of goals, we've tried the big stereotypical forward like Pogba who contributed absolutely nothing when he was at the club,we should appreciate what Dools does for the team.

• Like 2

Maybe I should comment in the Scotland's Game thread instead but what ******' chance do we have of producing quality players on a pitch like that? Not only does almost every bounced ball require to be defended by a header, Kilmarnock in their sheer wisdom have both narrowed and shortened their pitch. That to me is both a disgrace and an insult to the spectator.

Above comments, and throw in a referee who I'm not too sure knows the rules of the game, are not meant as any excuses for today's result. The pitch and the ref were the same for both sides. I would tho' say that whatever quality we witnessed today should be applauded when more importance appeared to be placed on the ability to take a long throw in and a hopeful big bounce.

Thought our battling qualities were night and day compared to last week but our failure to hold on to the ball in attack was rather alarming and a better counter attacking side could have made us pay big time. Returning to my original gripe and I'm a bit reluctant to be either too critical or too praiseworthy about any out field player playing on that joke of pitch.

• Like 1

Maybe I should comment in the Scotland's Game thread instead but what ******' chance do we have of producing quality players on a pitch like that? Not only does almost every bounced ball require to be defended by a header, Kilmarnock in their sheer wisdom have both narrowed and shortened their pitch. That to me is both a disgrace and an insult to the spectator.

Above comments, and throw in a referee who I'm not too sure knows the rules of the game, are not meant as any excuses for today's result. The pitch and the ref were the same for both sides. I would tho' say that whatever quality we witnessed today should be applauded when more importance appeared to be placed on the ability to take a long throw in and a hopeful big bounce.

Thought our battling qualities were night and day compared to last week but our failure to hold on to the ball in attack was rather alarming and a better counter attacking side could have made us pay big time. Returning to my original gripe and I'm a bit reluctant to be either too critical or too praiseworthy about any out field player playing on that joke of pitch.

Too many people on here, no matter how we play will never be happy, I enjoyed the game today, I played football at a good level, and know you just need that break, today we worked hard and deserved to win, but it never happened, feed up with people moaning as soon as kick off

Too many people on here, no matter how we play will never be happy, I enjoyed the game today, I played football at a good level, and know you just need that break, today we worked hard and deserved to win, but it never happened, feed up with people moaning as soon as kick off

OK, so by your own admission we deserved to win today.

Why didn't we then?