Aberdeen 04/11/16

Lindau

For me the result was probably about right.

One big difference between us and Aberdeen was the speed which the ball was moved. We are always looking for too much time on the ball. At throw-ins, free kicks and when pushing out from the back we need to get things sped up and not give opposing teams time to get themselves organised.

If we want to get ourselves into the top six and stay there this is the part of our game which needs to improve.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 3

No 17 ran the show, 22 & 23 just ripped the piss. all in all another dismal home performance. Azeez yet again one on one and plucked it up for want of a better word. Doolan & Erskine know each others game and would have made a far better option, but Doolan comes off and Azeez who lets be fair is a bad amateur, stays on. If Archie is not sacked by the end of November then were stuck with him, his continuing to play Azeez tells me that an agent is dropping him wee brown envelopes. Oh and yes, Victor Devine at the back is in need of a rest, another bombscare performance. Aberdeen just like Hamilton just wouldn't give us a kick at the ball. To the Board if your going to spend money, give it to someone how knows what he's doing, and not in the pocket of some football agent trying to make a quick buck........................!

Ha ha, clearly a wind up, guessing Sabbath is either a Clyde fan or just a f#nny

No 17 ran the show, 22 & 23 just ripped the piss. all in all another dismal home performance. Azeez yet again one on one and plucked it up for want of a better word. Doolan & Erskine know each others game and would have made a far better option, but Doolan comes off and Azeez who lets be fair is a bad amateur, stays on. If Archie is not sacked by the end of November then were stuck with him, his continuing to play Azeez tells me that an agent is dropping him wee brown envelopes. Oh and yes, Victor Devine at the back is in need of a rest, another bombscare performance. Aberdeen just like Hamilton just wouldn't give us a kick at the ball. To the Board if your going to spend money, give it to someone how knows what he's doing, and not in the pocket of some football agent trying to make a quick buck........................!

Your a clown, why would the board sack a manager who has us aiming for top 6, has the backing of the majority of the fans and is well respected throughout Scotland?

As for the "Brown envelope" crap, I hope you have some evidence for continually posting this as your probably coming into liable laws otherwise

Folk were questioning our change of formation as the root cause for losing the 2nd goal. Barton's goal came from a set piece so he would've been up for it wherever he was playing. No doubt that's a valid argument. However I just got the impression that with Barton moving into midfield we upped the pressure so to speak and perhaps forced the play eventually leading up to the corner. That's just a feeling that I couldn't really back up.

• Like 2

For me the result was probably about right. One big difference between us and Aberdeen was the speed which the ball was moved.

This is it in a nutshell, but that is always the difference between an ok team and the better quality sides. We are painfully slow at times but far better and more expensive teams than Thistle can be just as ponderous.

Edited by soulful_jag
  • Like 2

were you at the game?? even the BBC highlights show that you are talking pish,

Azeez and Amoo get nothing from the likes of Madden.

Osman gets booked nearly every week by the likes of Madden.

Can anyone suggest why?

Most referees are like Madden.

This is a disgrace of a post and in reality says more about you than it does Scottish referees.

Maybe plenty will disagree but Aberdeen best team we have faced this season, all speed and chasing down balls and yet not that far off them. Imagine Dumbuya,Bannigan and Cerny playing then I really think we could be beating them and top 6 would'nt be far off. my 2c

I would agree with your judgement, I think Aberdeen looked a class above us on Friday evening and yea I would rate them the best side we have encountered this year by a good distance. Still as we did on Friday if we continue to improve we wt least will be able to compete.

Watched the game again after being there on Friday and after calming down.

Aberdeen were better than us all over the park with their passing and moving in midfield significantly sharper than ours. That said we had 4 better than decent chances. Azeez and Devine in the first half (Ade stick yer laces through it son) and Erskine and Devine in the second.

A bit of composure or luck and it's a different game.

Cracking finish for the winner. Keeper getting a bit of stick but how square were the centre backs when the ball came through the middle of them.

What worries me is that our defence looks strongest with Barton at the back, but our midfield looks better with him in it!

A centre half in and we'll be good.

Disappointed to lose, but up until the last kick we were still in it.

Watched the game again after being there on Friday and after calming down. Aberdeen were better than us all over the park with their passing and moving in midfield significantly sharper than ours. That said we had 4 better than decent chances. Azeez and Devine in the first half (Ade stick yer laces through it son) and Erskine and Devine in the second. A bit of composure or luck and it's a different game. Cracking finish for the winner. Keeper getting a bit of stick but how square were the centre backs when the ball came through the middle of them. What worries me is that our defence looks strongest with Barton at the back, but our midfield looks better with him in it! A centre half in and we'll be good. Disappointed to lose, but up until the last kick we were still in it.

Maybe we need to sign another Barton?

Just not that one.

Certainly didn't intend labelling anyone racist. How could I when I don't know anything about them?

The point I was making was that these 3 especially Azeez who needs to be the victim of an assault before he gets a foul and Osman who is regularly harshly booked appear to get a rough time from most referees.

We don't have anyone who can buy fouls like Hayes and many others in the PL.

We didn't take our chances, they did and on the balance I think they played better for more of the match. Sums it up for me. It was a fairly close game and had we taken our chances in the first half before they scored i'd have fancied us to win.

I have been highly critical of our corner taking ability (aside from Penrice) but on Friday I could see an improvement from Welsh as far as corners go. As for free kicks... Pls stop. It's been said and perhaps evident in some games that Barton can hit them, so perhaps he will get a chance. His passing suggests his accuracy is better than Welsh's so if he can do that with a bit of power and aimed at goal, we may well pose more of a threat at free kicks.

Not sure if this is this has been mentioned in another thread, but did anyone see the interview with McInnes after the match? I thought it was very unprofessional and not for the first time his comments after a game against us (win, lose or draw) seemed inappropriate or inaccurate. It's like he has something against us, perhaps i'm reading too much into it and he's always a bellend post match.

Certainly didn't intend labelling anyone racist. How could I when I don't know anything about them?

The point I was making was that these 3 especially Azeez who needs to be the victim of an assault before he gets a foul and Osman who is regularly harshly booked appear to get a rough time from most referees.

We don't have anyone who can buy fouls like Hayes and many others in the PL.

Big fast guys don't win as many free kicks as smaller fast guys. Decisions often favour the more successful and/or better supported clubs. So there's only ever likely to be one winner with guys like Elliott and Azeez against Hayes etc

Not sure if this is this has been mentioned in another thread, but did anyone see the interview with McInnes after the match? I thought it was very unprofessional and not for the first time his comments after a game against us (win, lose or draw) seemed inappropriate or inaccurate. It's like he has something against us, perhaps i'm reading too much into it and he's always a bellend post match.

He is a bit of a bellend and I think the BT Sport commentators were all a bit surprised with him post match. He didn't like getting asked about the penalty did he?

https://twitter.com/...918003154489344

I think he's the same regardless of who they play.

Edit to add: it's possible to stick up for your own team without unfairly doing down the opposition. Our own manager is a good example of this and in fact often will admit to faults in his own team's play (while praising the bits where they played well) and giving credit to the other team.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Yeah! Amazing number of bad losers and some even narky when they win. I suppose the greatest of them all was Sir Alex. I think you give the opposition an advantage for the next time when you act like Wright and McInnes. I am really fed up with the ungracious Wright.

"We never get any credit or get talked about!" My a--e!! Cosgrove is the Saintees PR manager as Is Cowan for the Fir Park crew. Their blindness to views outwith their own clubs gets ever more wearing.

Now the Jags NEVER get the publicity these two clubs get because we have nobody in the media to fight our corner and even Archie (one of his traits) is modest to a fault and never blows the Thistle trumpet. That is maybe to our detriment.

He is a bit of a bellend and I think the BT Sport commentators were all a bit surprised with him post match. He didn't like getting asked about the penalty did he?

https://twitter.com/...918003154489344

Clocked this on twitter, sure I replied actually. Michael Stewart's reaction says it all. Every time I hear him post match I dislike him more.

Also as people have said, Tommy Wright, absolute walloper. Can't stand the guy, his team or his tactics. The win against them this year has been the highlight of my season so far.