Celtic Vs Partick Thistle - Tuesday 20 December

jagfox

Cant fault the effort but that was a chance for a point blown. Some good performances but another piece of very poor defending for their goal.

Our finishing is woeful, three good chances missed. Our final ball in is sh1te 80% of the time too.

Subs should have been on a bit earlier too IMO.

Osman looks as if he's dayreaming half the time.

Edwards work rate was brilliant , Cerny looks as if he's back to his best and Ithought Gordon had a good game.

Welsh had a poor game at Hamilton but scored a decent goal. There was one other time at Firhill he was very poor. The rest of the time he's been one of our better performers.

Abdul isn't anywhere near as consistently good as he was last season. Despite his form he's effectively undroppable as, numerous tho' they are, none of our other midfielders can tackle.

Anyway I thought the game tonight was rather flat tho' the work rate was faultless. For me Edwards was a stand out and not just for his industry as his skill levels were fine as well. Disappointed at the goal we lost as it was very similar to Armstrong's 2nd goal ten days ago. Otherwise in difficult conditions I can't fault the defending tonight.

Both the full on chances and the half chances we've created in the last 135 minutes of football have been very impressive considering we've been away to top sides. I reckon it's more encouraging to be missing goal scoring opportunities than to be not creating any. Whether it's mainly been bad luck, wrong decision making or just plain poor finishing is open to discussion. Imo as long as we continue to create enough of these chances we should be able to turn things around. If nothing was being created I'd be very concerned.

• Like 2

Should have had one penalty at least, 2 hand balls in the box from where I was sitting. But really what do we expect from our impeciles of officials, ******* joke at times. Think it was booth that got booked in the 1st half for a tackle at the side of our box..2nd half a Celtic player did exact same challenge but in the middle of the park, **** all happened to him, not even spoken to. Also hopefully our highlights or theirs shows bellend brown elbowing lawless in the wall in the 2nd half. Ref seen it stopped play and did **** all to brown. Really sick of the inconsistency every week.

Thought we at least deserved a point tonight, Edwards ran his heart out, the defence did ok, but everyone of them sleeping at the goal, once gordon loses his man no one reacted and they all let him run bye them. Please let us start taking at least one of our chances we are creating. Was a big chance tonight to get something, but at least we haven't lost more points from the above pack and we have 3 winnable games now.

Looking on from afar, yet again I see comments about "encouraging" performances, "matching" the team that has just beaten us again, this player and that player being on great form, just needing to take chances, the defence needs to learn, etc. etc. I'm afraid that has been the story since the start of the season.

My interim conclusion from all of this is that we are bottom of the league for one simple reason:

We are crap, and we deserve to be there, I'm afraid.

Two points won out of the last 21 available; that says it all.

From the highlights: four great saves from Cerny.

Azeez: total dud. Some people say he's "promising." He's promising to help us get relegated.

Gordon: Any time I see him on the highlights it means we are losing a goal.

Some big changes needed soon, Archie.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

From the highlights you've ascertained Azeez is a dud?

I'm assuming that'll be down to the chance he missed?

Did it show on the highlights the runs he made in behind the defence, the constant out ball he gave our defence when under pressure or the constant pressure he put on the Celtic defence?

At Firhill with Doolan upfront we got thumped. He was isolated and bullied by the Celtic defence meaning we barely got out our half.

Last night we played much higher up the pitch due to players like Edwards etc having something to work with thanks to Azeez.

He is by no means the finished article, his lack of goals is a problem that needs fixing but to label him a dud, in my opinion, is a bit much.

As for "we are crap"?

Again, the league doesn't lie and we are bottom for a reason. However I would not say we are crap and plenty of pundits and even Brendan Rodgers would agree.

We've had a horrendous run of games, let's see how we go in the next 3 and then assess.

• Like 10

If I've said it once, I've said it thirty three times, Azeez is a...................oh never mind. What's next a defeat from Celtic ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have we not reached the time where Archie says " I'll get my coat"

Think most on here would prefer it if "you got your coat" As has been pointed out on here by others, why do you bother supporting the club? I was in the Celtic end last night and the guys round about me, including my mates, were very impressed with Thistle. Couple actually said that we were the best side that had visited Parkhead (outwith the European games!) this season. Praised us for not sitting back and actually having a go.

• Like 3

Jaggernaut, how many games have you actually been to this season?

I continue to be amazed by people who think they have the god given right to decide on players futures, and on the managers future, based on what they are seeing on highlights.

These people can jog on as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for people "supporting the club from afar" but that's not what is happening in a lot of cases.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

From the highlights you've ascertained Azeez is a dud?

I'm assuming that'll be down to the chance he missed?

Did it show on the highlights the runs he made in behind the defence, the constant out ball he gave our defence when under pressure or the constant pressure he put on the Celtic defence?

At Firhill with Doolan upfront we got thumped. He was isolated and bullied by the Celtic defence meaning we barely got out our half.

Last night we played much higher up the pitch due to players like Edwards etc having something to work with thanks to Azeez.

He is by no means the finished article, his lack of goals is a problem that needs fixing but to label him a dud, in my opinion, is a bit much.

As for "we are crap"?

Again, the league doesn't lie and we are bottom for a reason. However I would not say we are crap and plenty of pundits and even Brendan Rodgers would agree.

We've had a horrendous run of games, let's see how we go in the next 3 and then assess.

You're right, of course.

I've calmed down...... I should follow some others' example and avoid posting right after I find out the result, whatever it is.

Jaggernaut, how many games have you actually been to this season?

I continue to be amazed by people who think they have the god given right to decide on players futures, and on the managers future, based on what they are seeing on highlights.

These people can jog on as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for people "supporting the club from afar" but that's not what is happening in a lot of cases.

Games attended: none.

Home games paid for via my season ticket: every one.

Numbers of players and managers whose futures have been decided by my opinions: none.

• Like 1

Im sure we'd all prefer points over plaudits. Thats why we cant shake off the cuddly toy image. The next 3 games before the winter break should be considered cup finals and will be the measure of us. Now is not the time to be missing anymore golden chances or losing our concentration at the back. There not going to be easy nor are we going to get handed it. Its time we came up with the quality and composure that has been missing.

• Like 1