Dungdee 28/12/2016

Lindau

Must be looking for three points here. We are playing well just now,, especially with the mighty Tomas back to full fitness. They aren't half the side they were when Hemmings, Stewart and Harkins terrorised us. We need to start winning at home, especially against teams round about us. 2-0

• Like 1

Winning this game could be a big deal for us. If Killie manage no better than a draw at Tynecastle on Friday (entirely possible), and Ross County manage no better than a draw at Parkhead on Saturday (highly likely), we go 6th in the table if we beat Dundee.

Take some confidence from that into the game against Killie on New Year's Eve, and a win puts some cement into the top six placing. With no league action until late January, we'd sit unassailed in the top six for the best part of a month.

I am hoping for a great game here.

Dundee are one of the most attractive teams in the league and will commit men forward. Although their star attackers have gone Hartley encourages men to get forward and midfielders into the box.

They may not be a great team but we should beware of the threat.

We should of course play the same way as we have better players especially if Erskine starts.

BIG Question for me is do we go back to a 3-5-2 with Barton back sweeping or stick with Friday's team and formation?

Need to defend well at set pieces as O'Hara is a threat from them for the Dees. Hopefully our own set piece threat Liam Lindsay can add to his goal tally.

We're due something at home against Dundee so fingers crossed.

BIG Question for me is do we go back to a 3-5-2 with Barton back sweeping or stick with Friday's team and formation?

Need to defend well at set pieces as O'Hara is a threat from them for the Dees. Hopefully our own set piece threat Liam Lindsay can add to his goal tally.

We're due something at home against Dundee so fingers crossed.

They had no answer to the 3-5-2 at Dens but I suspect they'd be better prepared to deal with it this time. If Barton's fully fit I feel he's too good a player to not be starting. Then again I reckon Archie will be looking ahead to the Killie match in terms of getting the most out of the players over the two games. In short I feel Archie may look more to his freshest players and then determine the formation.

• Like 1

Any reason why this is at 7.45 on a Wednesday night as opposed to today at 3.00? Aberdeen got 13k at their match today I see. The Xmas fixture list devised this year is a true nonsense.

A very good question. I can only assume the clubs never thought of that, or else decided against it