St Johnstone Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 11 February

jagfox

It was not "basically a friendly". Please stop telling lies to try and back up your irrational hatred of a player you are supposed to "support".

It was a league cup tie and therefor a competitive game.

You also try and discredit the league goal he's scored - do headers not count the same anymore because I was under the impression that they did?

The guy is having a hard time, his scoring record so far is poor, and he may not turn out to be a success at the club, but please don't create myths and half truths. Stick to the facts.

It was not "basically a friendly". Please stop telling lies to try and back up your irrational hatred of a player you are supposed to "support".

It was a league cup tie and therefor a competitive game.

You also try and discredit the league goal he's scored - do headers not count the same anymore because I was under the impression that they did?

The guy is having a hard time, his scoring record so far is poor, and he may not turn out to be a success at the club, but please don't create myths and half truths. Stick to the facts.

Ian, referring to Ade's competitive goals, the facts are these.

He scored against Stenhousemuir with a rebound having hit the keeper when clean through with his first effort.

He scored a very welcome header v Dundee. Moneh's point regarding that goal - and here I venture into opinion rather than fact - is that because it was a header, he didn't get the chance to think about it, unlike his many one-on-ones this season. It being a header and therefore more instinctive than a one-on-one, his finish bore fruit.

Ade Azeez will score goals for Thistle this season, and hopefully beyond. 99% of people on here want that to be the case and are fully behind him.

Your support of Ade (and the Jags) is exemplary and admirable, however have you considered showing that same consideration to the opinions of your fellow fans, and especially nomads on whom you particularly have a downer, judging by your comments on various threads lately?

The simple fact is the guy as scored 1 more league goal than Stevie Nicholas having played the same number of games. Don't see him "coming good." Strikers are judged on how many times they hit the net, and even more so when it comes to being a lone-striker. I think there are other positions on the pitch where Azeez could be very useful given his obvious attributes. But his finishing isn't one. I hope to be proved wrong tomorrow.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

I think we are willing Azeez to score a goal which says something about the player he is. He works extremely hard, is clearly a team player, doesn't seem to go in a strop, but is clearly lacking in confidence when it comes to taking chances.

I for one think he brings a lot to the team, but accept that he us a striker who needs to start scoring otherwise the aforementioned goodwill will no doubt wane.

I think we are willing Azeez to score a goal which says something about the player he is. He works extremely hard, is clearly a team player, doesn't seem to go in a strop, but is clearly lacking in confidence when it comes to taking chances.

I for one think he brings a lot to the team, but accept that he us a striker who needs to start scoring otherwise the aforementioned goodwill will no doubt wane.

I stick by my opinion that Ade's decision making is as poor as his finishing. He may never become an accomplished goal scorer but his decision making should improve with experience. Given his other attributes, which I doubt come under any criticism, he can still become an important player for us. Our biggest failing currently is the lack of scoring throughout the attack. That's just as much to do with a shortage of creating chances as to poor finishing.

Not really sure how a thread on the cup game with St J was turned to just about Ade? But as it is, I sincerely have my doubts he will have a fruitful career as a goal scorer. He has many good attributes with many of the chances he has been lambasted for missing only came about because of his blistering pace and excellent movement. Regardless he is just not a natural finisher, and I am not sure this is something you learn or improve on with age. Sure he may hit a purple patch at one point but that's not the same as being an out and out goal scorer. anyway let's hope he starts his purple patch tomorrow.

Ian, referring to Ade's competitive goals, the facts are these.

He scored against Stenhousemuir with a rebound having hit the keeper when clean through with his first effort.

He scored a very welcome header v Dundee. Moneh's point regarding that goal - and here I venture into opinion rather than fact - is that because it was a header, he didn't get the chance to think about it, unlike his many one-on-ones this season. It being a header and therefore more instinctive than a one-on-one, his finish bore fruit.

Ade Azeez will score goals for Thistle this season, and hopefully beyond. 99% of people on here want that to be the case and are fully behind him.

Your support of Ade (and the Jags) is exemplary and admirable, however have you considered showing that same consideration to the opinions of your fellow fans, and especially nomads on whom you particularly have a downer, judging by your comments on various threads lately?

Amazing that you start your post with "the facts are these" but then go on to "venture in to opinion rather than fact".

He's scored 2 goals for us in competitive fixtures. Whether these were 2 yard tap ins or 40 yard screamers, they all count for the same. I find it disappointing that "supporters" are trying to talk down the goals that he has scored, while also defending those who earlier in the day claimed that he had in fact not scored at all. These were in fact lies. I am still quite amused at the irony of nomads threatening to boycott.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

Im not dismissing his goals for if it wasnt for that we would be 3 points worse off. If he had scored we would nearly be st Johnstone. I find it 'Disappointing' when i travel and we dont even create a chance. Im hoping that changes today, if not i cant justify to my wife how i spend my time and money. We have nothing left but to progress in this cup. I went to Inverness and it was a library, lets not have that again today

Just watched Archies preview on jagzone. He says at the end that the last thing he wants is a replay.

Unless it's one of those David v Goliath ties nearly all managers make similar utterances. I think for once we've now got enough depth in the squad to handle a midweek game.

I suppose there's always the possibility of a money spinning TV replay tho' I don't know if an unsuspecting British public would be prepared for such excitement.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett