Top 6

Auld Jag

They declared that the fixtures would be announced early this week. The word early is fairly been stretched. As long as the old firm game is sorted out the rest are less than a second thought

They probably meant that one random day this week an announcement will be made before 8am, knowing those muppets.

Groan.

We've got

29 Apr - Hearts v Thistle

7 May - Thistle v Rangers (TV)

13 Apr - St Johnstone v Thistle

18 Apr - Thistle v Celtic (TV)

21 Apr- Thistle v Aberdeen

Decent stuff, plus two Firhill televised games

Edited by sandy

3 big home gates with the added extra of 2 being on TV should generate plenty of cash for Archie's transfer budget.

Matches being shown on TV doesn't affect how much money you get, it's equally shared regardless.

Glad we haven't been shafted, and have rightfully got both cheeks at home. Unfortunately I can't make Hearts away which is the one I was looking forward to most! Probably won't go to St. Johnstone again, so Rangers will likely be my final Saturday match and final away match of the season.

Matches being shown on TV doesn't affect how much money you get, it's equally shared regardless.

Glad we haven't been shafted, and have rightfully got both cheeks at home. Unfortunately I can't make Hearts away which is the one I was looking forward to most! Probably won't go to St. Johnstone again, so Rangers will likely be my final Saturday match and final away match of the season.

Aye you're right, forgot that was the way it was done these days.

Nice to have 3 home games with decent crowds mind you, perks of a top 6 finish!

Looks fair enough considering having the split after 33 games is so arbitrary and largely nonsensical. Haven't seen all the fixtures but there must be a game where the outcome is of more interest league wise than a televised Jags v Celtic match.

As the top 4 are almost certainly going to end up in the order that they are in (can we really pick up 8 points on Saints in 6 games ?), it leaves us and Hearts as the only clubs with any chance of changing position, so Jags v Celtic probably is the one of most interest league wise that day.

For once, apart from the revised kick offs for TV I have absolutely no complaints about this fixture list at all. From a financial point of view, I'm sure thar happiest person at Firhill will be the finance director.

Such a changed outlook from that of the last few years: when it's been all about avoiding a play-off spot and then quite frankly an overdose of boredom.

Makes Saturday's game all the morei important in terms of getting a win preferably and setting us up for a fantastic last five games of a great season.

As the top 4 are almost certainly going to end up in the order that they are in (can we really pick up 8 points on Saints in 6 games ?), it leaves us and Hearts as the only clubs with any chance of changing position, so Jags v Celtic probably is the one of most interest league wise that day.

Checked the midweek fixtures now. 1/Celtic have absolutely nothing to play for. 2/sevco could feasibly be playing Dons for 2nd place. 3/Hearts could feasibly be playing St J for 4th place. If not they'll maybe be looking over their shoulder. 4/ the SPFL couldn't give a toss about us.

The St Johnstone v Hearts fixture is plainly percentage wise the best bet for being a meaningful game

Hopefully we'll get a strong Thistle backing for the final two OF games. They'll sell out their 6,000 or so and we'll have a good payday regardless, but it would be nice if some of the Jags fans who normally swerve our games against the pair of them make an exception here. Whilst these fixtures don't bother me personally, I do see where people are coming from and I respect the right to miss whatever games you want.

BUT, every little will help in terms of building the coffers for next year, plus the team deserve all the support on this current run of form, and with such a great feeling surrounding the club and a real chance of taking something from both games, it would be a shame to have a poor home turnout for these fixtures again, and hear the "I don't like their songs" kind of excuses for it.

Quite simply, the team deserve more than that after their heroics this season.

• Like 2