Ptfc Open Day

Fawlty Towers

• 4 weeks later...

From looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like a great turnout. Still think it should have been an open day for all fans regardless of the type of ticket you can afford. I would have went today but don't have season ticket or friends with anyone that does.

• Like 1

From looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like a great turnout. Still think it should have been an open day for all fans regardless of the type of ticket you can afford. I would have went today but don't have season ticket or friends with anyone that does.

Completely agree. Excluding non season ticket holders seems rather short sighted at best especially when they're encouraging people to come along and buy season tickets.

However, actually having a season ticket doesn't guarantee you entry on match day. Yet again, our cards didn't work again yesterday, despite renewing them 2nd day they went on sale. Son was left stuck outside while mine set off both the red and green lights (WTF?). Sick of them not working properly 2bh. I wish the club was "committed" to installing a working ticket system, instead of the crummy amateurish system we've had for four years now. Yes I will be phoning them on Monday!

I like the idea of the Open Day.

My kids would have loved the signing session but, unfortunately, they are with their mother this weekend. Had they been with me, I would have tried to make time for it. The problem is, as has been mentioned many times on this forum, there are many demands on family time these days. Two consecutive days based around trips to Firhill is, perhaps, too much. Maybe not so bad if you're local but many of us aren't.

It seems as if there was next to no mention in the build up.

First I saw, was a tweet on Thursday.

Apparently it was mentioned at the start of the month on the website.

I don't understand why it wasn't open to all, before the league Cup campaign.

Could have turned it into the strip launch too.

Edited by potty trained

Strikes me that making a truly open Open Day, might have given the Club an opportunity to promote season tickets to those fans who hadn't yet signed up.

I've not renewed my ST yet. No reminders or communication from the club at all. However looked at the tickets website today - what a mess. Only worked on the third browser I tried and are here really no seats left in JH1 and only 14 in JH2?

It seems as if there was next to no mention in the build up.

First I saw, was a tweet on Thursday.

Apparently it was mentioned at the start of the month on the website.

I don't understand why it wasn't open to all, before the league Cup campaign.

Could have turned it into the strip launch too.

Really should have been the lead story on the OS today.

Went along today, Muzzy walking around the pitch. Gary Fraser sprinting. Signing in tomorrow. No one asked to see my season ticket. Archie waiting on a couple of clubs to see if we can bring in others midweek. 3 possibly 4 to come as we may need rt back cover.

Two consecutive days based around trips to Firhill is, perhaps, too much. Maybe not so bad if you're local but many of us aren't.

agreed. It would have been better timed with an away game weekend, eg next week. Also should have been open to all

I don't quite understand the club's insistence that the "open" day is for season ticket holders (plus two guests each). Surely to generate as much interest, especially to younger fans, they should be advertising it for all?

Anybody can go anyway - the gates are open for everybody to walk in so why they don't try and get more there is baffling.

I don't quite understand the club's insistence that the "open" day is for season ticket holders (plus two guests each). Surely to generate as much interest, especially to younger fans, they should be advertising it for all?

Anybody can go anyway - the gates are open for everybody to walk in so why they don't try and get more there is baffling.

I suppose we could've stayed on and brought the subject up at the Trust meeting. :)

Think the Open Day should be just that, open to anyone. As mentioned it should probably be a community thing. Could invite local youth football clubs along to see training etc. Don't see why the Q & A should be restricted to ST holders either tho' it should be a more "closed" affair, but I can think of ways that could more or less restrict it to Jags fans only.