Sevco At Firhill 15/9/17

Auld Jag

Nobody will expect us to take anything from this.I would start with the same team as against Aberdeen a few weeks ago,with the only change being in goal if required.I want to see us get stuck in from the start and not stand back and admire them and then start playing when it is to late.We need a win and there is no better way to get our first win than beating this mob.

• Like 1

Nobody will expect us to take anything from this.I would start with the same team as against Aberdeen a few weeks ago,with the only change being in goal if required.I want to see us get stuck in from the start and not stand back and admire them and then start playing when it is to late.We need a win and there is no better way to get our first win than beating this mob.

I agree entirely.

Unfortunately, I am one of those who expects us take nothing from this mob. Seen it too many times to know how it pans out.

As ever the officials will play a role in, what I fear will be, 2 consecutive defeats.

We will give away (or, perhaps more accurately, they will be given) at least 1 penalty in the games;

I suspect we will finish at least one of the games with 10 players on the pitch and;

Late goal or goals will, as ever, be shipped.

................in summary I am not optimistic!!! :frantic:

Defensive or have a go. Perhaps Archie should take tip from the great Jock Stein. You don't sit back when you're defence is crap. go out and score more goals than your opponents. one up front at home will not be good enough, this is a game we should win and win easy. Archie and Scobby Doo for all their supposed experience in defence have clearly shown with all the games we loss goals in the final minutes of the game, cant organise our back line. Just get out there and score goals. Billy McNeil was a dick but he lifted the European cup.....enough said

• Like 1

I'm afraid that I share the forebodings of most on here. Firstly, because of our awful record against them and secondly our fairly awful start to this season.

Still, I suppose both have to change eventually and tomorrow evening would be a nice time for that to happen. Absolutely pointless for me to try and predict how we'll play, as more than ever we're totally unpredictable even in the course of one game, let alone from game to game.

Still if a professional player can't raise their game for these two games coming up: they're in the wrong job? They might have started to turn the corner, but I still think the juries still out on if not Mad then slightly strange Pedro's side.

Like others have said if we get righ in about them and play with a good tempo, we should have every chance-sit off and admire them and we're Donald Ducked again?

Play Erskine, Spittal and Doolan. Play Edwards for work rate.

Hope Banzo returns to form. Our back 4 is ok. It's the midfield that have failed us so far.

Osman if fit.

Get intae them and could we please have some more enthusiasm from our supporters? How good would it be to effect a double. Get yer asses up to Firhill!!

• Like 1

As usual in a pre- match interview an OF player, particularly of the royal blue hue will indulge in a spot of deflection to take the pressure of themselves. Read Prof. Lee Wallace in 'The Herald' claiming Brendan Rogers would never be treated as badly as Pedro. Whilst delighted to have found clear empirical proof of the existence of alternate universes: I'd like to draw the attention of the leader of Govan's inteligencia to two pesky little facts. Firstly Rodgers has been at this game considerably longer than Pedro and consequently is a tad more sophisticated than his counterpart and secondly Pedro does have the unfortunate habit of making mince-like utterances?

• Like 1

Got a bad feeling about tonight's game. Which might be a good thing for a Jags fan. No idea.

We need a bit of steel from somewhere. A bit of belief. Not sure we've settled on a starting 11, but I'd like to see Erskine in at least.

Agree entirely, without Erskine I feel we have an almost complete lack of invention or guile? Unfortunately, it seems like he has one of those niggly injuries and it's difficult for anyone to make an informed comment about it in the absence of any detailed knowledge.

Wasn't trying to claim sainthood for Rodgers, just making the point that he is considerably more experienced and accomplished in dealing with the media than his Govan counterpart.

Scully is a good keeper. I'm comfortable if he is between the sticks.

I prefer a back 3. We are more solid and i think Barton is best there bringing ball out from back and also pushing onto midfield when we are on the attack.

Sammon is wasted on the wing. Dools upfront for me but Storey is a v good player.

I can't decide what the line up should be!

Agree entirely, without Erskine I feel we have an almost complete lack of invention or guile? Unfortunately, it seems like he has one of those niggly injuries and it's difficult for anyone to make an informed comment about it in the absence of any detailed knowledge.

We can still create without him, but I like Erskine in the team because he ensures that Dools is never too isolated up top. Think that's important in a game when we may have less of the ball.

Sammon is only being played wide for defensive reasons, which from that point of view has been successful. He kept the County right back, who is rated going forward, in check last week for instance. I don't know if sevco offer a threat down their right flank but if they do I would expect to see Connor play out wide once again. I fully expect Spittal to start and that narrows down our choice of formation. In turn meaning that the wide left spot be filled by either Sammon, Lawless or perhaps Storey. I don't think Spittal offers much defensively so I can see Nitriansky being helped out by central mid whereas Christie could be left exposed if Lawless or Storey are in front of him.

From what I've seen of Sammon in attack so far I feel his only chance of getting a start bar injuries is in his current position.

I think we need to adopt the same approach to this game that we did against Sellick. They are a much better side than the hvns, and a positive, attacking approach is likely to give us our best chance of a good result. Sitting back and hoping for a draw is out the question for me.

As said above, we really do need to believe in ourselves tonight; they are nothing special, and we are going to bag a win sometime very soon - why not tonight?

Mon Thistle - I N T A E R R U M!

We can win this... but sadly I don't think we will :( We need to start with a back 3 to get Barton out of midfield and back to his best position. Sammon on the wing has to stop, we should start with.

Cerny (if unfit, Sneddon)

Keown Barton Turnbull

McGinn Edwards Bannigan Elliott

Spittal Doolan Erskine