Keeping The Faith? Calling For Change?

TartanC4

We need a new manager. And we need one now. If things were improving week on week then fair enough. But they're not. The warning signs were there during the league cup group stage when we were poor against lower league opposition. And nothing has got better. Some may point at injuries but that's a poor excuse. Every team has injuries. It's up to the manager to utilise the resources he has and send out a motivated team who have clear instructions. No win in 15 is a joke.

The board need to act and change the manager now.

Just wanted to know peoples opinions after today's result. The players and management had two weeks to prepare and come up with a solution to win a must win game. I didn't see much fight or desire today. Hate to say it but....top six to championship wouldn't surprise me.

Give him to the end of the year and if nothing's changed then we have the winter break to get a new manager in. Agree we should keep the faith but you can only do it for so long before it's blind faith.

• Like 1

Keep the faith

Bottom at Christmas last year, top 6 by end of season.

Yes we have issues but we’re not in the old 2nd division.

#21st century Thistle problems

We beat Dundee & Ross County within a week and were sixth at New Year - we were clearly the sixth best side in the League last season. I'm not with the Lynch Mob but the whole set up of the side just isn't right and unlike last year there is a gap opening up.

I hope the Board don't get rid of Archie and I don't think they will. How many first choice players missing? 7, 8? Any club without huge funds would struggle with an injury list like ours. Archie has slowly built this squad over the last 4 years and we have improved every season. I believe he has earned the right to try and dig us out of this hole. No happy clapping here, that was dreadful today and I am concerned about our plight. However, sacking the manager would only add to the instability in the club.

• Like 1

Either the form and (more so) performance changes or unfortunately the manager will.

I always hoped (and still do) that Archie would lift us a cup, get us into Europe before moving down south to a championship team as the way he would bow out from us, unfortunately the way things are going he will be gone before Xmas, FFS Archie sort it out I’d be devastated to see it end this way

I think we may need to change we need to defend set plays better Archie never got right starts are crippling our ambition we could have been in Europe if we had better start last season only problem we have which is major squad is very bare and lack of full backs due to injury is concerning

I dread to think who we could get to replace Archie and co.

A terrible fixture run to start the season and some really bad injuries haven't helped the guys.

Not many teams could cope with losing so many key players at the same time.

Seasons are long enough to overcome such woes and I believe we will.

9th and good Scottish Cup run will do me :)

• Like 1

Knightswood Jag if we continue on this run and wait until the end of the year to get rid we could be so far behind it would take a miracle to keep us up.If we are to get somebody else in we have to at least give them a chance of keeping us up.At the moment we are not detached.A win next week and we would only be 2 points behind Dundee,but a defeat and yet another team begins to pull away.This week is a big week for the board and also for Archie.If he is still in charge on Saturday we must see a reaction from the team and prove they are behind Archie,another performance like yesterday and he has to go.

I dread to think who we could get to replace Archie and co.

Owen Coyle, Steve Clarke and Paul Hartley have just taken jobs at teams around our level. All three would have been decent options for us so let's no pretend there's no one out there. Even poaching someone like Hopkin from Livingston could be an option.

I don't want to see Archie go but we might have no choice. This isn't just a slight dip in form, it's an alarmingly long run where we look short of confidence and out of ideas. Right now I just can't see where a win is coming from. Killie were up for it yesterday and we weren't.

He has major problems. Pairing Edwards and Barton in the midfield is one of them. They just don't work together and he keeps persevering with them. You might say he has no choice with Bannigan, Osman and Fraser out but I disagree. McCarthy has looked promising every time I've seen him and should be getting starts now.

The wing backs are a problem, and that's something that he can't really help. Just bad luck. McGinn actually looks quite good but Nitriansky for me, from what I've seen, isn't anything special at this level.

Storey and Sammon haven't set the heather alight and it's something that I mentioned after the Hearts game - their partnerships with Doolan don't look anywhere near being formed effectively. Whereas Doolan and Erskine know each other's games inside out, the other two can't seem to find any patterns/rhythm together. This is a major problem when Erskine has matches like yesterday where he did absolutely nothing.

This is not like last season where you could see the signs that we were a decent team. We look ordinary right now and it's worrying.

Personally I'd give Archie the next two games. That way he's played every team in the league. If you've played every team in the league and you've not beat any of them, then there's no defence. It's time to go. Let's hope he can get a win or two.

• Like 4