Focus - Sylvia

Barney Rubble

My missus just asked me tonight - why is that our run out song?

And I had to admit I have no clue.

Anyone know the reason?

My missus just asked me tonight - why is that our run out song?

And I had to admit I have no clue.

Anyone know the reason?

Maybe it helps the players to focus on the game ahead.

Brilliant tune and I love singing along with the drummer.

Edited by partickthedog

Match day wouldn't quite be the same without it. Rather like Whistling Jack Smith in the seventies only better.

Absolute brilliance.

'Crossroads' was played at ht vs Dundee. Inspired a 2nd half fight back and possibly summed up Archie's tenuous position at the time. The music has been top class this season.

Match day wouldn't quite be the same without it. Rather like Whistling Jack Smith in the seventies only better.

Absolute brilliance.

'Crossroads' was played at ht vs Dundee. Inspired a 2nd half fight back and possibly summed up Archie's tenuous position at the time. The music has been top class this season.

You mean Crossroads as in the theme to the tv soap opera? :huh:

Eight-fifteen, and with she drinking cider, and me there beside her, the first band came on. "Oh no", I shrieked, "real horror show". I was going through my Clockwork Orange phase. Surely not? It seemed that every band that was performing were one of those tribute bands, and first up was ELP. H-E-L-P more like. "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends. It goes on for at least two hours because we've got a brand new Moog."

I've died and gone to hell, and then I've fallen through a trapdoor and landed on the planet Progrock. And then the applauding Ents Sec introduces the next act. Jeez! (That's journalese) …PFM! They didn't really play many songs, just got unnecessarily passionate about the Azzurri and how Rossi was framed, and how his subsequent hat-trick against the Brazilians was a big F-off to the authorities. "Fair enough", I thought, "but perhaps no need for the language."

After the Identical Cocteau Twins, came the final act, I Can't Believe It's Not Focus. Following a commendable stab at Sylvia, Helen shouted to the guitarist: "Are you knackered, man?" To which he replied: "No, I'm Jan Akkerman"

• Like 1

Just had a listen on YouTube and brought back great memories of watching Gregory's Girl.

I wonder if we play it because of the link Thistle had to that film?

Thistle posters in Gregorys bedroom when he was playing the drums and the fact we trained the football players / Dee Hepburn for the film.