New Management

javeajag

Back to the valid and relevant topic of the manager. Regretfully (in my opinion), I would think that relegation must signal the end of the Archie/Shaggy era. The team has been truly dire since reaching the top 6 last season, and the management team have shown no signs of being able to even halt the decline let alone turn it around.

If, and I think this is unlikely, we can avoid automatic relegation and somehow win the play-off, then I think that the management team need to clear out the dross, the sick and wounded, the favourites, and take a long, hard look at their own approach and what passes for tactics. Write this season off as a nightmare that we're lucky to have come through intact. Start afresh. 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Back to the valid and relevant topic of the manager. Regretfully (in my opinion), I would think that relegation must signal the end of the Archie/Shaggy era. The team has been truly dire since reaching the top 6 last season, and the management team have shown no signs of being able to even halt the decline let alone turn it around.

If, and I think this is unlikely, we can avoid automatic relegation and somehow win the play-off, then I think that the management team need to clear out the dross, the sick and wounded, the favourites, and take a long, hard look at their own approach and what passes for tactics. Write this season off as a nightmare that we're lucky to have come through intact. Start afresh. 

So, what is it to be? Change the management team or let them stay and make big changes? You seem to be advocating both.

Irrespective of the arguments that Archibald has kepts us up for 4 years against his seeming inflexibility and conservatism, I suspect that the Board will take careful heed of the fact that the size of the home support has dwindled in relative terms to other clubs in response to the uninspiring football on offer.

I'm not advocating one way or the other until the season is over, but the topic did cross my mind last night and I couldn't help thinking that if we did change we'd end up with Steven Pressley.  His cv fits the bill perfectly, despite what some of us may think of him as a manager.  Managed in the lower leagues of England for a while, should be able to leverage some contacts and attract some players north.  Hmm.

Agree Archie has got to take a long, hard look in the mirror in the next couple of weeks.

If the job is too much aggravation for him, or if it's making him miserable, he should resign.

Deep down, my own gut feeling is that he CAN still lead the club onwards - he's certainly no dud and he can rise again - but the lack of acknowledgement about things is a big concern for me.

He needs to come out with some talk that can rally the troops; instead of the constant chin tickling on Jagzone, how about some straight talking about the problems? Such an interview will never take place of course. The one time Michael Max asked him a tricky question this season he near got his head snapped off.

Alan, your players simply haven't performed for you this season. Why do you think that is?

Are there any lessons that you've learned from this season's abject failure?

Many Thistle fans are of the opinion that a massive clear out is required this summer. What do you think about that? What plans do you have for next season's squad?

Do you plan on doing things differently to try and get better results next season?

Are you confident you're still the right man for the job at Firhill? Do you have a message for the big number of Thistle fans that want to see you sacked?

14 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Everything has a shelf life and even if we stay up I think regretfully it is time for change and Archie and Shaggy to move.  Always will be legends and always welcome back.

Danny Lennon for me.

two 11th place finishes in 4 premiership years at Saints- very poor record at Alloa.

Doesn't seem an improvement on Archibald to me.

• Haha 1

I’m not going to make any comments on the Managers tenure TIL after the Dundee game or the play-offs.

Suffice it to say, that I’ve been concerned sine the Livinstone game, in the League Cup about the likelihood of us retaining our SPFL status this season Even if we somehow survive on Saturday I have pretty much zero confidence in our ability to eat anyone in the play-offs?

As Jags supporters all we can do is put everything to one side for the game at Dens and get behind our team the best that we can.

I can’t help but suspect that the atmosphere at the Player of the Year do on Sunday is going to resemble that of a wake.

6 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Irrespective of the arguments that Archibald has kepts us up for 4 years against his seeming inflexibility and conservatism, I suspect that the Board will take careful heed of the fact that the size of the home support has dwindled in relative terms to other clubs in response to the uninspiring football on offer.

Do you have the evidence of that ? 

Danny Lennon won the League cup with St.Mirren and has taken over Clyde and totally turned them around, nearly made the play-offs considering Clyde were down hear the bottom when he took over I think his record is not bad.

Would take John Hughes another manager that won a trophy this time a Scottish cup with ICT

1 minute ago, kevin energy said:

Danny Lennon won the League cup with St.Mirren and has taken over Clyde and totally turned them around, nearly made the play-offs considering Clyde were down hear the bottom when he took over I think his record is not bad.

Would take John Hughes another manager that won a trophy this time a Scottish cup with ICT

Nothing against Kevin, but as a general point perhaps these suggestions could be held back until the position is formally vacant?

38 minutes ago, kevin energy said:

Its the same old names that keep being repeated Look at Lennons record in the league with st mirren and Alloa - nothing great and there’s a reason only Clyde have taken a gamble on him

hughes got Raith relegated and if he was so good why has no one appointed him

if Archie was to leave at some point I would hope the board do better and look for a real up and coming manager like Hopkins at Livi 

13 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It's ok to have an opinion on this forum as long as it's yours.

It's an internet fans' forum, so everyone has one - I gave mine earlier and you questioned it in your earlier post without stating your own on the subject. 

No need to get personal, BB

:thumbsup2:

Edited by Barney Rubble

OK - no worries folks.

We're all a bit tender and disappointed at the team's lack of performance I guess.

Certainly nothing against any fellow poster.

I'n sure we can agree for a result on Saturday that gives us another couple of games to show we are worthy to be top level material.

Edited by Barney Rubble